Cassaday - Astonishing vs. Planetary

E

Excelsior Club
Does anyone know what is happening to Planetary now that Astonishing X-Men has started back up? Specifically, with John Cassaday?

I know they were originally planning on it being 24 issues but I also heard (here, I think) that they had planned at least up to #26.

(Please no Planetary spoilers - I'm only read up through #20)

I think Planetary is doing 26 issues, with a special 27 epilogue kinda thing. I'm not sure when these are going to be released, but I'm pretty sure they're all supposed to be out sometime this year.

I've read elsewhere that Planetary has been delayed until March or something, can't really remember. I have read that they're going up to issue #26.

Right, I know about it going up to 26 or 27 - my question is whether Cassaday or Ellis has said this is going to be possible with Astonishing starting back up and going on now...

I would say yes, since Astonishing has been put on bi-monthly, and I would say that was because Cassday and Planetary.

Jackie Estacado said:
i really don't think cassady hsa anything to do with planetary delays - remember that (what was it, 18mnths???) delay a few years back b4 it resumed?

That was all Warren Ellis. But I'm not asking about that.

And Planetary #25 has been delayed until - what - April or May? I guess Astonishing must be Cassaday's priority. Too bad - I love Astonishing but Planetary is approximately 5,543,237,332 times better.

Well, in the X-Men panel yesterday, it was said Astonishing is going to be kept bi-monthly through September, of course giving more time for Cassaday to finish up Planetary.

icemastertron said:
Well, in the X-Men panel yesterday, it was said Astonishing is going to be kept bi-monthly through September, of course giving more time for Cassaday to finish up Planetary.

That was the reason given? So he could work on Planetary?

Latest posts

Back