CBR reveals sketch cover of Ultimate X-Men#68.

Guijllons said:
(Just hope Raney doesn't stay long if his work is as good as I expect it to be.)
Raney only does the first and third arc (Kirkman is doing 3 arcs). Dillon does the second.

Last edited:
Guijllons said:
(Just hope Raney doesn't stay long if his work is as good as I expect it to be.)
Isn't Raney on for 2 3-issue arcs with a Dillon 3-parter between them? That's what I remember reading here.
EDIT: Darn you Ice.

Last edited:
icemastertron said:
Raney only does the first and third arc (Kirkman is doing 3 arcs). Dillon does the second.
See, here's the odd thing. Dillon I can handle, I don't really like his work, but I don't dislike it either. Raney may be a better artist in fact. I just find his storytelling ability to be nonexistent perhaps.

Kirkman on the other hand is decent.

Hi-Fi said:
CBR posts in Robert Kirkman's column the sketch cover to issue #68.

UX68cvr.jpg

That's it. I'm just mad now.

Goodwill said:
I really like this cover... I love Iceman!

Yo, so do you guys think this reveals how right I am about Rogue having Gambit's abilities perminantly?
Doesn't UXM #65 prove it? O_O

TheManWithoutFear said:
That's it. I'm just mad now.
Dude, if you really thought there wasn't gonna be more Rogue w/ Gambit powers and more on Gambit's body, than you're just crazy. Wishful thinking is where it'll stay at. You should know with #65's ending that this was gonna happen.

icemastertron said:
Dude, if you really thought there wasn't gonna be more Rogue w/ Gambit powers and more on Gambit's body, than you're just crazy. Wishful thinking is where it'll stay at. You should know with #65's ending that this was gonna happen.
OK, now I know what MWOF is mad at.

icemastertron said:

I don't have to like it. Bring back Gambit. Though, I could see a story where she finds out she has to revive him but his powers/memories are fading so she has limited time to do so.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Though, I could see a story where she finds out she has to revive him but his powers/memories are fading so she has limited time to do so.
I hope that's what happens, cuz really, that's what I'd like to see above anything else with Rogue.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I don't have to like it. Bring back Gambit. Though, I could see a story where she finds out she has to revive him but his powers/memories are fading so she has limited time to do so.

And it would be even greater if she needed Bobby to pull it off.

Like, SHIELD ain't letting go of the body and she has to steal it while maintaining it frozen to keep it viable.

EDIT : Ooh, she could use Kitty's help too. Yeah, that would be fun.

Last edited:
Iceman looks good, Rogue not so much.

I'm glad they gave Rogue a new power, stregnth and flight were good, but we have Collossus for stregnth and Jean/Storm (having lost Angel) for flight. Although I'm going to miss Gambit, at least this way she's not a carbon copy of 616 Rogue, and we don't have to see Miss Marvel (or whatever she's called) in the Ultimate Universe.

It looks a lot better than the interiors will.

Meh.

I like Guij's comments about Raney's work looking too comic book-y. Exactly how I feel about it. It's not that it's bad, I just don't care for it.

Samurai Jack said:
Iceman looks good, Rogue not so much.

I'm glad they gave Rogue a new power, stregnth and flight were good, but we have Collossus for stregnth and Jean/Storm (having lost Angel) for flight. Although I'm going to miss Gambit, at least this way she's not a carbon copy of 616 Rogue, and we don't have to see Miss Marvel (or whatever she's called) in the Ultimate Universe.

Miss Marvel is Carol Danvers whose Ultimate version we've seen in Ultimate Secret.

Latest posts

Back