Chainsaw Man Timeline

JudgeDreddpool

Putting together a timeline for Chainsaw Man. Will cover both the manga and it's anime adaptation by MAPPA. If you haven't watched the anime I highly recommend it, especially dubbed. Trust me, it is peak dubbing.

With that said... let's rev up those chainsaws!

Late-1980s/Early-1990s
????

Chainsaw Man
Chapter 1 - Dog and Chainsaw (Pg. 11-15) / Chainsaw Man 1x01, "Dog & Chainsaw" [0:XX:XX - 0:XX:XX]
199?
????

Chainsaw Man Chapter 1 - Dog and Chainsaw (Pg. 28-32) / Chainsaw Man 1x01, "Dog & Chainsaw" [0:XX:XX - 0:XX:XX]
????

Chainsaw Man
Chapter 1 - Dog and Chainsaw (Pg. 1-3, 5-10, 16-28, 32-49) / Chainsaw Man 1x01, "Dog & Chainsaw" [0:XX:XX - 0:XX:XX]
???? (The next day)
Chainsaw Man
Chapter 1 - Dog and Chainsaw (Pg. 50-55) / Chainsaw Man 1x01, "Dog & Chainsaw" [0:XX:XX - 0:XX:XX]
Chainsaw Man Chapter 2 - The Place Where Pochita Is (Pg. 2-4) / Chainsaw Man 1x02, "Arrival in Tokyo" [0:XX:XX - 0:XX:XX]
Chainsaw Man Chapter 2 - The Place Where Pochita Is (Pg. 4-18) [Note: the anime adaptation completely skips the encounter with the Muscle Devil, but for the sake of the timeline, I'm keeping it in to be safe. Plus, we could see the encounter added back in later as a flashback.)
Chainsaw Man Chapter 2 - The Place Where Pochita Is (Pg. 19-25) / Chainsaw Man 1x02, "Arrival in Tokyo" [0:XX:XX - 0:XX:XX]
Chainsaw Man Chapter 3 - Arrival in Tokyo / Chainsaw Man 1x02, "Arrival in Tokyo" [0:XX:XX - 0:XX:XX]

???? (The next day)
Chainsaw Man Chapter 4 - Power / Chainsaw Man 1x02, "Arrival in Tokyo" [0:XX:XX - 0:XX:XX]
1710880950765.png
Part 1 - Public Safety Saga
  • Introduction Arc (Episodes 1x01 - 1x02) - WIP
  • Bat Devil Arc (Chapters 5 - 13, Episodes 1x02 - 1x05)
  • Eternity Devil Arc (Chapters 14 - 22, Episodes 1x05 - 1x08)
  • Samurai Sword Arc (Chapters 23 - 38, Episodes 1x08 - 1x12)
  • Bomb Girl Arc (Chapters 39 - 52, Episode 1x12 - Bomb Girl Movie)
  • International Assassin's Arc (Chapters 53 - 70, Episodes 2x01(?) - ?x??)
  • Gun Devil Arc (Chapters 71 - 79, Episodes ?x?? - ?x??)
  • Control Devil Arc (Chapters 80 - 97, Episodes ?x?? - ?x??)
1710880791478.png
Part 2 - Academy Saga
  • Justice Devil Arc (Chapters 98 - 111, Episodes ?x?? - ?x??)
  • Dating Denji Arc (Chapters 112 - 120, Episodes ?x?? - ?x??)
  • Falling Devil Arc (Chapters 121 - 131, Episodes ?x?? - ?x??)
  • Chainsaw Man Church Arc (Chapters 132 - 155, Episodes ?x?? - ?x??)
  • Current Arc (Chapters 156 - ???, Episodes ?x?? - ?x??)

Last edited:
As a first for my manga/anime timelines, I'll be doing the timeline with the method (those who follow my timeline for JoJo's Bizarre Adventure will likely know this method, since I did tease it a while back):

Chainsaw Man Chapter 1 - Dog & Chainsaw (Pg. X-X) / Chainsaw Man 1x01, "Dog & Chainsaw" [0:XX:XX - 0:XX:XX]

For obvious reasons, chapters that have yet to be adapted in the anime (namely stuff following the Katana Man arc) won't include an equivalent anime episode timestamp or whatnot until AFTER the chapter is adapted. And even then, I'll be waiting on the official Blu-Ray release to be safe.

Blu-Ray for Season 1 is arriving tomorrow, so I should be able to start the timeline properly then.

In other news, dunno if anyone's seen this, but we're getting the Bomb Girl arc as a movie adaptation, which honestly, I think is great news.

If nothing else, it likely means that Season 2 can likely focus on the remainder of Part 1's arcs (International Assassins arc, Gun Devil arc, Control Devil arc etc...), assuming they give it a good episode count.

And so it begins with the first chapter.
1710880436369.png

My plan for covering this series is as followed:
  • Cover the manga up to the end of the Katana Man/Samurai Sword Arc (which is where the anime is currently up to)
  • Then cover the anime adaptation's first season by MAPPA
  • Go back and cover the remainder of the manga up to the end of Part 1
  • Then cover the Bomb Girl Arc movie adaptation once it comes out on Blu-Ray
  • After that, cover Part 2 in the manga.
Seems easy enough. What could go wrong?

So, slight issue, but the majority of chapter 2 (namely the encounter with the Muscle Devil) is cut from the anime, likely to move the plot along more quickly. That said, I'm still gonna include it in the timeline, albeit with the cut portions as a separate part.

Latest posts

Back