Chameleon as Uncle Ben

Hawkeye101

the watcher said:
I agree. we need some big story that reveals something big. Some thing that shakes Peter,or Mary jane, or even Aunt May.

You mean like Chameleon waltzing around as Uncle Ben?

Hawkeye101 said:
You mean like Chameleon waltzing around as Uncle Ben?

Hopefully not, what would be the point? That was one of the stupider aspects of the old SM and other comic stories of the 60's and 70's (and crap, even right on up to the late 90's in some cases). First of all, if Chameleon were going to be disguising himself as Uncle Ben, one would have to assume he knows Peter is Spider-Man. So why not just shoot him in the head when he's not looking and be done with it? Why pretend to be his uncle? Whats the point? Some deep psychological trauma or something? I don't think that really flies, its not believable. I'm sure we'll see an Ultimate Chameleon eventually, but he'll probably only bother impersonating people who have power (high ranking police, politicians, etc) so he can take advantage of their positions...as thats really the point of his whole schtick.

DIrishB said:
Hopefully not, what would be the point? That was one of the stupider aspects of the old SM and other comic stories of the 60's and 70's (and crap, even right on up to the late 90's in some cases). First of all, if Chameleon were going to be disguising himself as Uncle Ben, one would have to assume he knows Peter is Spider-Man. So why not just shoot him in the head when he's not looking and be done with it? Why pretend to be his uncle? Whats the point? Some deep psychological trauma or something? I don't think that really flies, its not believable. I'm sure we'll see an Ultimate Chameleon eventually, but he'll probably only bother impersonating people who have power (high ranking police, politicians, etc) so he can take advantage of their positions...as thats really the point of his whole schtick.

Maybe he 'morphs' people he knows are dead (he has access to the city records) and accidentally morphs into Uncle Ben, is caught on camera, Peter invesigates as Spider-Man adn Chameleon pieces together that Spider-Man shows up when he morphs this particular morph.

Hawkeye101 said:
Maybe he 'morphs' people he knows are dead (he has access to the city records) and accidentally morphs into Uncle Ben, is caught on camera, Peter invesigates as Spider-Man adn Chameleon pieces together that Spider-Man shows up when he morphs this particular morph.

Its possible, but why would he choose dead people, as the event you described above would probably happen eventually and raise a lot of questions and eyebrows? Like I said, what would be the point of taking the guises of random, everyday people (other than to get away from the cops or something). Like I said, Chameleon is most likely going to be a "bad guy", so he'll most likely do "bad stuff" for his own gain. And you can't gain much from impersonating a regular joe on the street, you know? Thats why I said it would make more sense for him to possibly capture and impersonate a high ranking official, so he could take their place and use that power and influence to his advantage (however and whatever that may be).

Spade said:
as long as chamelion isnt a make up artist im ok!

DIrishB, it was just an idea, and a dumb one now that you've pointed it out.
As to the quote above, yeah, I'm acctually thinking that he should be an acctual shape-shifter. He's a genetic alteration to create the perfect spy for SHIELD, and the process to give him shape-sifting abilities whitens his skin and messes up his brain!

Hawkeye101 said:
DIrishB, it was just an idea, and a dumb one now that you've pointed it out.
As to the quote above, yeah, I'm acctually thinking that he should be an acctual shape-shifter. He's a genetic alteration to create the perfect spy for SHIELD, and the process to give him shape-sifting abilities whitens his skin and messes up his brain!

Now that idea I like...it makes sense both for him having those powers and for him going bad.

My idea for Ultimate Scorpion would involve Vision. You know that Sam Wilson works on grafting machanical stuff to the body right? Well, some of that ould have leaked to some 'bad' people. Like the Kingpin, or Justin Hammer's successor. His tail is machine grafted to the base of his spine.

Hawkeye101 said:
My idea for Ultimate Scorpion would involve Vision. You know that Sam Wilson works on grafting machanical stuff to the body right? Well, some of that ould have leaked to some 'bad' people. Like the Kingpin, or Justin Hammer's successor. His tail is machine grafted to the base of his spine.

I'd like to see Ultimate Scorpion be a government run attempt at (you guessed it) creating a super-soldier (though not sure why they'd end up with a Scorpion influenced villain)...lemme think about that one some more, I'm starting to get tired and the old noggin is slowing down.

Hawkeye101 said:

Don't know how the technology could be leaked to the public if the project is something like 50 levels about Presidential level. :roll:

ProjectX2 said:
Don't know how the technology could be leaked to the public if the project is something like 50 levels about Presidential level. :roll:

A brilliant mind like Bendis could do it (thre'es plenty of talk time in his arcs).

Hawkeye101 said:
That makes sense. In a late 90s Fabian Nicieza kind of way. Ick.

The problem is that there is absolutely no benefit to morphing into Uncle Ben...

Unless you're trying to be a nobody, but still... there are better nobodies than Uncle Ben.

Dr.Strangefate said:
The problem is that there is absolutely no benefit to morphing into Uncle Ben...

Unless you're trying to be a nobody, but still... there are better nobodies than Uncle Ben.

Let me explain this thread...it was split off from another thread, and it was totally off-topic. The concept was baffling, and I had no idea what to do with these posts or what to title the new thread.

Hawkeye101 said:
Who in the fug is Fabian Nicieza?

A comic and novel author.

Dr.Strangefate said:

Exactly my point.

Ultimate E said:
Let me explain this thread...it was split off from another thread, and it was totally off-topic. The concept was baffling, and I had no idea what to do with these posts or what to title the new thread.

Ehhh, now that its split off its relevance is a bit more valid. I'm sure we'll be seeing Ultimate Chameleon eventually...didn't Bendis even mention plans for him or am I dreaming again?

Hawkeye101 said:
A brilliant mind like Bendis could do it (thre'es plenty of talk time in his arcs).
If Bass read that, his head would explode.

And Chameleon should be an identity thief.

End of conversation.

Latest posts

Back