Characters who do not exist in 616

Taskmaster

I was just curious, but how many Ultimate Universe characters are original creations-actual superheroes, not some guy you meet on a street
so far I have:
most of the Reserves
Captain Spain
Captain Italy
Mr. Nix
anything else?

Guijllons said:
Not sure about this one, does Dr. Franklin Storm count?

Good question. Or his wife?

How about Kong?

Of course Dr. Franklin existed in 616! There were mentions of his wife, though whether she appeared or not is another story.

He was evil. The FF were his enemies or something.

Here's his bio:

Identity: Publicly known
Legal Status: Citizen of the United States with a criminal record
Other Aliases: Storm was erroneously believed to be the first Invincible Man
Place of Birth: Unrevealed
Place of Death: New York City
Marital Status: Widower
Known Relatives: Mary Storm (wife, deceased), Susan Storm Richards (daughter), Jonathan Storm (son), Franklin Richards (grandson), Reed Richards (son-in-law)
Group Affiliation: None
Base of Operations: Glenvilla, Long Island, New York, later State Prison, New York State
First Appearance: FANTASTIC FOUR #31
Final Appearance: FANTASTIC FOUR #32

History: One of the greatest surgeons in the United States, Dr. Franklin Storm was the father of two children, Susan and Jonathan ("Johnny"). While Dr. Storm was driving himself and his wife Mary to a dinner being held in his honor, one of the tires on his car suffered a blowout. As a result, the car swerved off the road and crashed, fatally injuring Mary Storm. Unscathed himself, Dr. Storm operated on Mary in a desperate attempt to save her life, but to no avail. Franklin Storm blamed himself for her death. He gave up his medical career and turned to excessive gambling, eventually having to borrow money from an underworld loan shark. When Storm proved unable to repay the loan in time, a criminal in the employ of the loan shark confronted Storm, and threatened to kill Storm and his children. Storm grappled with the criminal, and during the fight, the criminal shot himself. Storm was charged with manslaughter, and, still tormented by guilt over Mary's death, refused to say anything in his defense during his trial. Hence, Storm was sentenced to twenty years to life imprisonment. Wishing to spare his children further distress, Dr. Storm asked his daughter not to visit him in prison and to tell Jonathan he was dead.

Susan and Jonathan Storm later gained superhuman powers and became known as the Invisible Girl (later Invisible Woman) and the Human Torch, respectively, both of whom were members of the team of adventurers called the Fantastic Four.

Franklin Storm finally escaped prison shortly before the Fantastic Four once again encountered their enemy, the Mole Man. While the Fantastic Four escaped from the Mole Man's underground realm, Susan Storm was critically injured by a piece of shrapnel in an explosion. Franklin Storm emerged from hiding upon hearing of his daughter's injury and successfully operated upon her, saving her life. After completing the operation on Sue, Dr. Storm was taken back to prison.

Shortly afterwards, Dr. Storm was confronted in his cell by the alien Super-Skrull, who used his shape-changing powers to assume Storm's physical appearance. Storm was then teleported to the Skrull throneworld, where he was held captive. As Dr. Storm, the Super-Skrull claimed that he had given himself superhuman powers. After breaking out of prison, the false Dr. Storm, calling himself "the Invincible Man," battled the Fantastic Four. The Skrull leaders hoped that thinking that the Super-Skrull was Dr. Storm would handicap the Fantastic Four in fighting him. But Reed Richards, leader of the Fantastic Four, realized who the Invincible Man really was and forced the Skrull leaders to exchange the real Dr. Storm for the Super-Skrull.

However, the Skrull warlord Morrat had a concussive energy beam projector strapped to Dr. Storm's chest before returning him. The projector was set to fire as soon as Dr. Storm saw the Fantastic Four. Seeing the team members, Storm warned them away and then rolled over so that the projector would fire its deadly blast at the floor. As a result, Franklin Storm himself took the full force of the concussive blast and was mortally injured. He died in the presence of the son and daughter he so loved.

Susan Storm later married Reed Richards, and they named their son Franklin in memory of Dr. Storm (see Tattletale).

Height: 6 ft. 2 in.
Weight: 205 lbs.
Eyes: Blue
Hair: Blond, later grey

Strength Level: Franklin Storm possessed the normal human strength of a man of his age, height, and weight who engaged in moderate regular exercise.

Known Superhuman Powers: None

Other Abilities: Franklin Storm was one of the greatest surgeons in the United States.

slimjim said:

Kong a.k.a Kenny Harlan. He's one of Peter Parker's classmates whose physical appearance appears to be based on Brian Bendis' (based on Bendis' appearance in the first pages of USM#66 & 67 respectively). He's always hanging with Flash Thompson.

Technically, several characters do not exist in the 616, but sort of do. For example, Flash Thompson in 616 is Eugene 'Flash' Thompson, while Flash Thompson in the Ultimate Universe is Fred 'Flash' Thomspon.
Another example is Curt Connors being Curt Conners and his wife being (in Ultimate Marvel Team-Up #10) Marsha (his 616 wife was Martha, if I'm not mistaken) and Billy (correct 616 name), BUT in the "Carnage" arc Curt has a phone conversation with his ex-wife Doris and asks about their son Timmy.

Of course that's really just Bendis' lack of interest in reading his own back stories, but whatever!

Also, I don't believe that Dr Brankin (from The Ultimates) exists, nor does that female Mad-Thinker (technically). There's, as someone mentioned, Geldoff and Shaw and the mutant Harddriver from Ultimate War is apparently supposed to be some other male 616 mutant, but I don't think the female version is from 616. There's Syndicate. Some of the characters from Ultimate Elektra, though I barely read that "story" so I don't know their names. Kleiser is not a 616 character, though he is essentially the Super-Skrull. I think some of the characters in Ultimate Iron Man are made up. Gail Barnes (Cap's ex-fiancee and Bucky's wife) is made up, as far as I know.

That's all I got for now.

Nas

Nas-T! said:
Also, I don't believe that Dr Brankin (from The Ultimates)
Brankin was revealed in the Ultimates HC to be a nod to Dr. Eammon Brankin, a physician Mark Millar was seeing back when he was really ill. Well okay he's ill now, but you know...

Also to add to the list are Prosimian, Sumatran, Orb-Weaver and the rest of the animal-mutants from the "Hellfire & Brimstone" arc of Ultimate X-Men. Those guys are all Millar's own creations (and I thought Orb-Weaver was an especially neat visual!).

Nas

Latest posts

Back