City of Heroes

Goodwill

Hey guys, have you heard of this? CoH is an online game where you create your own super hero and fight along side other players against zombies, warlocks, soldiers, aliens, etc. It's the perfect game for comic book fans and a great place to meet others just like you that thrive for the comic books. For instance, I met a writer of a Dark Horse title and there was someone that wrote fan fics on there! Pretty cool stuff happening...

Does anyone else on this board play? For anyone that does, I am Jack Froste on the Justice Server... Maybe one time we could play together! I'm a level 7 blaster!

For those of you who don't have any idea what I'm talking about and you are interested, let me know and I will give you more information.

This looked really cool...wish they had it for PS2. I don't really get into playing games on the PC.

Would like to try something like this occasionally, but no money

It's worth getting into PC games, really. I wasn't too fond of online games until I played this game! I'd love for members on the board to turn out to be someone I played with!

Hey, hey! I learned to fly in the game... you know, it is really something. you can fly, use super speed, even teleport and it is in the bounds of an almost limitless place. You guys should seriously check it out!

Just to tell you all, not that you care, but I am now a different character. I'm a tanker named One Man Show in the Justice Server.

Any plans to bring this to PS2 or XBox?

Probably not... It's an online game that is constantly updated by the creators of the game... you should go to www.cityofheroes.com for more details! It's a great game and really something that you should consider getting... I know you aren't a fan of CPU games, but it's worth getting into for them!

Just reviving this because someone was talking about it and it looks interesting...

Yeah, but I often pay for a month, cancel, then come back on later when in the mood. I don't pay EVERY month. They don't delete you characters so there's no need to worry, but it is up to you if you think its worth it.

If you have a friend who has a copy of the game, they get a buddy disc with it. Borrow it and you get a free 15 days online. See if its worth it.

I tried getting City of Villans but it would not work on my pc all i got was a black screen.

Is city of heroes more likely to work than city of villans?

sjmole said:
I tried getting City of Villans but it would not work on my pc all i got was a black screen.

Is city of heroes more likely to work than city of villans?
It's the same program. There's minor differences to the front end, but it uses one program. When you're subscribed to both, you click 'Create a Character' and it'll ask you to pick Hero or Villain. And once you have a mix created, picking the character will put you into either CoH or CoV.

Honestly, I found it kinda lame. I didn't renew after my first month that came with the CD. In your supergroup (guild, whatever), you can sometimes get interaction with other players but mostly you're paying for the game AND a monthly fee for a one-player game that has lag and 2-3 hours a day when it's not available. I use Skotti's account now to use chargen to design characters for her to draw, but that's it.

I really enjoy it. I have both CoH and CoV, my main hero being Bio-Shock, a level 21 elec blaster on Triumph, and my villain is Felhound, a level 12 fire brute on Triumph

I have played a lot of mmorpg and CoH/CoV is the one with the best online community (well CoH and SWG pre-Combat Update) Really cool people there.

I play at Protector have a Hero lv 12 and a Villain lv 16

jtg3885 said:
It's the same program. There's minor differences to the front end, but it uses one program.

yeah I look on offical site. City of heroes has less minimum requirements so I've ordered it and going to give it a try. this will my 2nd MMORPG. the first was star wars galaxies but bloody thing restarted my character back to level 0 so I figered bugger it not going through all that again. So i quit.

Also :( I wont be able to play most of you guys I think as the site said uk gammers (me) can't play american gamers (most/all of you) oh well if it works I got a cool game.

Since this is the city of heroes topic could some of you post pics of your hero. and you back story. I Personally think that would be kinda cool. If game works this time i'll do the same.

sjmole said:
Also :( I wont be able to play most of you guys I think as the site said uk gammers (me) can't play american gamers (most/all of you) oh well if it works I got a cool game.

Nah, I play on US servers, bought the game before it was released in UK. Just order it from a US site, thats what I did.

I play this constantly...its become an addiction. My characters are on the guardian server( with a few lowbies on virtue), and if any of you guys want to talk or play or something, send a tell to me ( I'm mostly on at night around 8 PST or later) at my global, which is @Moonie1.

My characters-

lvl 40 Martial arts scrapper
lvl 17 gravity controler
lvl 12 Sonic defender
lvl 8 necromancy mastermind
lvl 5 cold dominator

(all on guardian)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back