Civil War: Front Lines (Spoilers)

After re-reading every issue of Front Line so far, I have to say... I like the "new" Speedball. I have the first appearance of Speedball (old Spider-Man annual) and the first issue of Speedball's solo book... that was about it. I could never take the character seriously enough, even when I was younger, to really keep up with him. Since CW started and through the story in Front Line, I think he's matured and is showing potential of being a major player... at least if he survives being shot. Apparently his powers have experienced a change after seemingly disappearing after the Stamford incident.

Hust read the lates issue of front line......and Green Goblin went out of controled he even attacked Wonder man.......i so called that

Definitely a solid issue. I don't know if I secretly want Tony to be a bad guy, but I think it's him that gave Osborn the serum. I guess Speedball's powers are back which I guess is a good thing.

Wow Frontline is getting crappy. #7 was just bad. Speedball change of mind was stupid.
The proreg is still the bad guy, the comparison with other wars sucks.

Wow Frontline is getting crappy. #7 was just bad. Speedball change of mind was stupid.
The proreg is still the bad guy, the comparison with other wars sucks.
I think what Speedball realized is that what he was doing was wreckless and was not worth the reward of stopping criminals.

I think what Speedball realized is that what he was doing was wreckless and was not worth the reward of stopping criminals.

So...he saves the planet (I don't know if the New Warriors already did it or not. but anyway...) he saves people all his life, and because of a mistake, actually, a set up (No one knew that Nitro would blow up like that), he thinks he is guilty for the murder of all the people there, including his friends?
I agree he could be acting like this, if he wasn't thinking the exact opposite of it until 5 minutes ago. He didn't even put a tought in it, he got shot and all of a sudden "Oh, I killed everyone."

So...he saves the planet (I don't know if the New Warriors already did it or not. but anyway...) he saves people all his life, and because of a mistake, actually, a set up (No one knew that Nitro would blow up like that), he thinks he is guilty for the murder of all the people there, including his friends?
I agree he could be acting like this, if he wasn't thinking the exact opposite of it until 5 minutes ago. He didn't even put a tought in it, he got shot and all of a sudden "Oh, I killed everyone."

Well, before he was shot he was purposely trying to rebel against the people to try and prove his point. Now that he has been shot, he puts a lot of things in perspective about what's been going on lately, and maybe he sees that the peolple are right. Its kinda like "My life flashed before my eyes" sorta thing. He looks back at what happened at Stamford, and sees that he never wanted any of the things that have been happening to him.

So basically he's just regretting what happened.

I hate changes of heart when characters are dying. It's just so cheap.
"We need him to stop thinking like this, he aren't selling so much, maybe putting him in the other side will help"
"Ok, so let's shoot him and he will think of the wrongs he did in his life."

He was in prison for sometime, he had the time to think and rethink what he had done.

I hate changes of heart when characters are dying. It's just so cheap.
"We need him to stop thinking like this, he aren't selling so much, maybe putting him in the other side will help"
"Ok, so let's shoot him and he will think of the wrongs he did in his life."

I think he has been characterized very well throughout the series, and while I would expect a change of heart after he's been shot, it still makes sense as to why they did it.

He was in prison for sometime, he had the time to think and rethink what he had done.

While he was in prison he was still trying to convince himself, and the world that he is innocent, and why he shouldn't be locked away for the rest of his life. Now that he realizes that he may not even have a life anymore, he decides that maybe he was wasting his time, because he might not have any time left.

Was it just me that read the line where it said that he was going to LIE to the congress and say that it was all his fault and read it as he did it to cover for the other New Warriors?

It's not that he thinks, "I might as well have pull the trigger on every victim." He see himself as have some responsibility for it. Before, he saw himself as having done nothing wrong.

I see lots of complaining about #11...I didn't think it was that bad.

Someone complained in another thread about some of the dialogue...I didn't think it was that bad either. Anything can sound bad when taken out of context.

I see lots of complaining about #11...I didn't think it was that bad.

Someone complained in another thread about some of the dialogue...I didn't think it was that bad either. Anything can sound bad when taken out of context.

you have herpes.

no, see that sounds bad in or out of context.

I found this online.
civilwaraargh.jpg

Latest posts

Back