Collecting the Crisis

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
So, I've decided to fall into this Crisis shebang thing. I just want to buy the main countdown trade things, and so far I think I have to get...

Identity Crisis
Prelude to Infinite Crisis
The Four Countdown Minis
And Infinite Crisis, when it comes out.

Anything I'm missing that should be required reading?

You may want to get the one Wonder Woman trade with Max Lord in it... and I think there's a Superman trade (or maybe its the Wonder Woman) where Superman kicks Batman's *** nearly to death.

marvelman said:
You may want to get the one Wonder Woman trade with Max Lord in it... and I think there's a Superman trade (or maybe its the Wonder Woman) where Superman kicks Batman's *** nearly to death.
That would be the Sacrafice trade. You should also get the Crisis of Conscience JLA arc that bridges Identity Crisis and Infinate Crisis. I think that'd be it for required reading. Anything else would be one issue here or there that while might add to the overall story (Say Willinghams Robin crossover arc) isn't vital by any strech of the imagination.

EDT: You know what? You might want to pick up the first JLA Classified arc, collected in the Power Girl Trade. It goes right into IC #2 and has some great art by amanda conner.

Last edited:
Wasn't the first JLA Classified arc written by Morrison and art by McGuinness? Because that was horrible.

This is from the master of all crisis issues. :D

Identity Crisis
Prelude To Infinite Crisis
The Omac Project (The trade includes The Countdown)
Villains United
Day Of Vengeance
Rahn-Thanger War
The Death And Return Of Donna Troy
Sacrifice
JLA - Crisis Of Conscience

Not really required but I suggest.

Teen Titans/Outsiders - The Insiders
JSA "Black Vengeance"
Powergirl (I havn't actually read this let but I will.)
Superman - Infinite Crisis

Prelude to Infinite Crisis is not all that important to pick up.

My Recommendation:
- Crisis on Infinite Earths
- Identity Crisis
- Countdown to Infinite Crisis
- The OMAC Project
- Sacrifice (required reading)
- Villians United
- Day of Vengeance (semi-required)
- (RANN-THANAGAR IS NOT REQUIRED!)
- Infinite Crisis
- Infinite Crisis: Secret Files

ProjectX2 said:
Wasn't the first JLA Classified arc written by Morrison and art by McGuinness? Because that was horrible.
Yes. JSA Classified.

And JLA Classified was bad... Untill you read Seven Soldiers. Then it actualy makes sense. For the most part.

I broke down today and got some DC. Included was the countdown to IC and all #5 issues to IC. I really don't have the time nor money to try to follow all the tie-ins.

Victor Von Doom said:
I broke down today and got some DC. Included was the countdown to IC and all #5 issues to IC. I really don't have the time nor money to try to follow all the tie-ins.

If you want the ful story in its most compressed form, fork out for the OMAC trade, it bridges the two perfectly. Also, Crisis Of Conscience (the dissolution of the league) is highly reccommended as is Identity Crisis.

At the very least read Countdown, an online summary of OMAC, then your Crisis issues.

Enjoy btw, and welcome to the dark side.

Latest posts

Back