Comic book grants and other funding

Mavericker

Banned
Hello. I am interested in am are doing research on grants and other funding for comic book creators, artists and writers. Are there any other grants for comic book artists, writers and creators besides the Xeric Foundatoion Grant? Please let me know. :D

Personally, I don't know. But you don't need to start a new thread every time you have a question. There are plenty of other threads where you can ask stuff like this. :wink:

I only know of one comic book grant.

grafitti.jpg

I should probably post this in the Comic News Forums-I'll probably get better responses there.

I should probably post this in the Comic News Forums-I'll probably get better responses there.

You mean here on this site? You can't post there, mods move threads there if they are, in fact, news. So I don't think you'll have much luck there.

Honestly I dont think there are many Grants in the industry. Its much different than the publishing world, where writers can get grants from various places and get money to do their research. Unless you can tell me of any that you've run into, I don't think they exist if you're not an established writer. They'll pay warren ellis to develop an idea, but as a newcomer without previous experience I don't think you'll find much out there.

If you find something, let me know. I would LOVE there to be grants out there when I start playing the field.

You mean here on this site? You can't post there, mods move threads there if they are, in fact, news. So I don't think you'll have much luck there.

Honestly I dont think there are many Grants in the industry. Its much different than the publishing world, where writers can get grants from various places and get money to do their research. Unless you can tell me of any that you've run into, I don't think they exist if you're not an established writer. They'll pay warren ellis to develop an idea, but as a newcomer without previous experience I don't think you'll find much out there.

If you find something, let me know. I would LOVE there to be grants out there when I start playing the field.

Do you know of any grants for writers I should look into?

Well sometimes stores put in signs that say help needed.. then you submit a resume and go to those stores to perform various tasks that need performing. Then every two weeks or so, they give you money to compensate for those tasks... And thats where money comes from in a consumerist society!

Do you know of any grants for writers I should look into?

If you mean grants for WRITER writers, the ones that perform with text alone, I suggest you save up all your sodapop bottles and milk money until you have something like thirty-five odd dollars. Then, merrily skip to the bus or maybe just enjoy the fresh spring air, and head to the nearest Borders or Barnes and Noble and pick up a copy of The Writers Market.

Or, just do a Google search on the subject. It's pretty easy. See. . . .

Latest posts

Back