Comic Book Resources Previews Ultimate Spider-Man #85

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
On CBR is a 6-page preview of Ultimate Spider-Man #85.

The original solicitation reads:

ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN #85
WRITTEN BY: BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
PENCILS AND COVER BY: MARK BAGLEY

“WARRIORS”

The Gangwar comes to its shattering conclusion—this is one ending you don’t want to miss! Who lives? Who dies? Who will betray Spider-Man?! And what happens when the spark of romance is rekindled between Spidey and the Black Cat? Let the fur fly! Part 7 (of 7).

32 PGS./T+ SUGGESTED FOR TEENS AND UP ...$2.50

Last edited by a moderator:

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Either Hammerhead is dead or his being alive already after Gambit's handling him will be explained further...

Anyway.... Elektra is the ****!!! Is this the betrayal? Is that the death? Wow... Elektra is definitely one of the best characters in the entire UU.

Good work TGO

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Ultimate Warrior said:
If this is what happens in USM #85 then not much can happen in USM #84 :(
That sucks.
I think they screwed up on the labeling... or Iron Fist and Shang-Chi actually do something. But I imagine it's 84 we're looking at.

About Iron Fist and Shang-Chi and they're roles in this arc. I'm fairly disappointed and yet intrigued. Are these the first "Good-guy" thugs we have in the Ultimate Universe. Their roles really do nothing anymore than a villains henchmen would do. So either they're being terribly underused or we're looking at a new breed of superheroes that appear solely as warriors, as the arc's title once implied (or does imply...Warriors/Gang Wars...I don't know what it's called)? Either way I know the first time they show Shang-Chi and Spider-Man communicate I'm going to be gunning for the Ultimate Team-Up.

EDIT: NEVERMIND, MoonKnight is laying there with a Sai in his chest? Two characters impaled and both of them are gonna survive?

Last edited:

Bass

Nexus of the World
I'm sorry - I wouldn't comment normally as I don't like attacking enthusiasm, but since people seem a bit weary of the preview, I thought I'd point out that, once again, it seems that Spider-Man doesn't defeat the villain, but someone else does. In this case, Elektra. It's good to see someone bail out Spidey when things go wrong. :roll:

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
TheManWithoutFear said:
Also....The whole cops going after Spider-Man and DeWolff stopping them is getting old.

I agree.

Also, interesting to see Elektra considering a new employment opportunity under Hammerhead. Also interesting to see both Moon Knight and Hammerhead get up close and personal with Elektra's sais. I assume neither will probably die from it, as if so Moon Knight especially would be a definitive version of a "throw-away" character.

E

Excelsior Club
TheManWithoutFear said:
I think they screwed up on the labeling... or Iron Fist and Shang-Chi actually do something. But I imagine it's 84 we're looking at.

I sure hope so, because if not then some dummy just spoiled a bunch of plot points in #84. :roll:

Latest posts