Comicon.com previews Ultimate X-Men/Ultimate Fantastic Four

DIrishB said:
Johnny Storm's new haircut is whats silly.

Thats impossible, because I'm Batman. Just don't tell anyone or I'll have to put a Batarang through your skull.

How so?

Oh, I don't know. You've got kids in school and a little nuclear family. Let's fight and then we'll make waffles!

ProjectX2 said:
Well, Wolverine is sick, apparently, Rhona infects him with some virus which disables his healing factor.

Where'd you get that? It's an interesting idea, but to give Rhona that kind of ability is really pushing it. She can't prepare herself for everything.

Goodwill said:
Where'd you get that? It's an interesting idea, but to give Rhona that kind of ability is really pushing it. She can't prepare herself for everything.
In the linked interview Carey says, "I should mention that Wolverine is really sick for a lot of the story: he's been infected with an artificial virus by Rhona and his healing factor is out of commission..."

Well, I don't really like that idea at all. He practically let us know that Thing's gonna win the fight between the two of them...

Goodwill said:
Well, I don't really like that idea at all. He practically let us know that Thing's gonna win the fight between the two of them...
Why do you say that? In the Pulse interview anyway, all Carey says is that despite being sick "(Wolverine) still manages to give (Thing) a lesson in how it's done in the big leagues."

14rdb said:
In the linked interview Carey says, "I should mention that Wolverine is really sick for a lot of the story: he's been infected with an artificial virus by Rhona and his healing factor is out of commission..."

So he apparently can put himself together after Hulk rips him in half, but he can't overcome a cold.

Meh.

UltimateE said:
So he apparently can put himself together after Hulk rips him in half, but he can't overcome a cold.
Which means the cold will be REALLY overdoing his healing factor. In other words the virus will be so strong that its going to make his healing factor work more overtime than when coming back together from being ripped apart because of the constant..."pounding" (for the lack of a better word) that the virus is doing.

I honestly think you're comparing apples and oranges here... That's like saying you can't survive getting a limb torn off if you can't survive cancer or AIDs. I don't know, E...

Goodwill said:
I honestly think you're comparing apples and oranges here... That's like saying you can't survive getting a limb torn off if you can't survive cancer or AIDs. I don't know, E...
No, its because of he sort of had the same things happened to him in 616. He's had limbs torn off, himself and by others. Yes, it will take a while to heal, but with nothing to "interrupt" the healing process, it won't be as bad as the virus because it will keep attacking his body without stopping, making his healing factor really work overtime; more than the time with a limb.

icemastertron said:
No, its because of he sort of had the same things happened to him in 616. He's had limbs torn off, himself and by others. Yes, it will take a while to heal, but with nothing to "interrupt" the healing process, it won't be as bad as the virus because it will keep attacking his body without stopping, making his healing factor really work overtime; more than the time with a limb.

Ice, I don't get what you're saying! Could you explain?

Goodwill said:
Ice, I don't get what you're saying! Could you explain?
What I'm saying is that Wolverine's healing factor works depending if his body is getting constantly hurts or not. If its not, he won't take long to heal, depending on what happened to him. But if something keeps hurting his body second after second, minute after minute, than his healing factor won't be working properly because the constant hitting (or whatever) isn't letting his the healing factor work.

Does that help? :neutral:

TheManWithoutFear said:
He said what you said.
He was? I thought he was saying I was wrong... :?

Oops. Sorry.

Last edited:
Guijllons said:
The art is too Saturday morning cartoon for me. Not excited.
Count me in that boat.

Seriously, I really like Rhona and all, but something about the way Carey talks about the character isn't making her sound as appealing as she originally was in "Think Tank". I think Carey is suffering from Creation Infatuation Syndrome --- too driven mad by the character to actually want to focus on higher motivational reasons for writing.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I'm with DIrishB. Plus there's no dialogue how can you say it looks boring?

I just hope Carey doesn't tinker too much with The Mad Thinker. He could ruin the character here.

Ehhh, he was the one who introduced the Ultimate Mad Thinker, so I don't think he'll change the character too much. I hope not anyway, as it is now its probably one of the most interesting characters in the Ultimate Universe.

UltimateE said:

Meh.

Very true. Not liking that idea.

Latest posts

Back