Comics Art - Pages and panels you own...

MoS

Pretty sure we had a thread for this, but I can't find it (darned generic search terms turn up too many hits). So, a reboot to the thread, until E or Ice rolls their eyes at me, finds the thread in 2 seconds flat and merges them...

My two panels from Ultimates V1 (#8, I think). They aren't sequential, but I like to pretend they are, and I call them "CAUSE AND EFFECT"

http://www.rhyo.net/hitch1.jpg

I've never had the money to buy original comicbook art. Even if I did, I'm not sure I would. I gone to the site that sells Hitch's art and the sale prices of the art I would actually want art outrageous. My favorites were going for like $4,000. Way too much for me. If I were really rich, I would have hords of this stuff, though.

MaxwellSmart said:
I've never had the money to buy original comicbook art. Even if I did, I'm not sure I would. I gone to the site that sells Hitch's art and the sale prices of the art I would actually want art outrageous. My favorites were going for like $4,000. Way too much for me. If I were really rich, I would have hords of this stuff, though.

They do NOW. They didn't before. And most of the 4-figure stuff are full covers or splash pages of the "big 4" (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Fury).

There are plenty of pages for the $100-$300 range. Plus, stuff by the top artsists (in terms of sales draw) tends to be really expensive, but other artists are far more reasonable.

At the Chicago con, a few people I know picked up full pages of Dustin Nguyen's Authority stuff for $20 a page.

On Alex Ross's site he has art up there for $10,000.

ProjectX2 said:
Not that there's anyway to verify, but I wonder if these people are rich or just going massively into debt.

I would really like to own some art. I almost bought some of Mike Deodato Jr's stuff from Amazing Spider-Man at the Motor City Con this year, but I backed out. I'm kicking myself for that now.

Rhyo said:
They do NOW. They didn't before. And most of the 4-figure stuff are full covers or splash pages of the "big 4" (Cap, Iron Man, Thor, Fury).

There are plenty of pages for the $100-$300 range. Plus, stuff by the top artsists (in terms of sales draw) tends to be really expensive, but other artists are far more reasonable.

At the Chicago con, a few people I know picked up full pages of Dustin Nguyen's Authority stuff for $20 a page.
I'da bought him out. I loved Nguyen's Authority. I'd have certanily loved to have gotten that Infinate City spread, though it probably would have cost a bit more.

ProjectX2 said:
I remember reading that the most expensive painting he ever sold was "Knight Over Gotham" (a huge splashpage of Batman looking out over Gotham City) at some charity auction.

I believe it went for something like $50,000.

Baxter said:
I'da bought him out. I loved Nguyen's Authority. I'd have certanily loved to have gotten that Infinate City spread, though it probably would have cost a bit more.

That wasn't available - his little sister is a huge fan of turtles, and it was given to her. The original script called for it to be a planet-looking thing, but he drew it as a turtle for her....

Rhyo said:
That wasn't available - his little sister is a huge fan of turtles, and it was given to her. The original script called for it to be a planet-looking thing, but he drew it as a turtle for her....
Awwww.

Still, I did really like his art, though I think I'd have rather had some of his WildC.A.T.S. work.

Lessee...I have a few panels from Steampunk #4, pages 6 ans 12 from Death: High Cost of Living #1.

Then, my list of original pieces. (listed by character, easier that way)

Domino: Chris Bachallo

Emma Frost: Bachallo, Hughes

Dark Phoenix: Hughes (would have asked Land, but he didn't have his light box and I didn't wanna make him work for it)

Me: (as a Green Lantern) Bachallo, Jeff Smith, (as Black Queen) Hughes

Have we figured out who my favorite artists are...and I swear to Allah, Buddah, whoever, I'm gonna go freaky stalker fangirl if I run into Steve McNiven or Jim Cheung or Ryan Sook

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back