Comics for the week of July 5/6th, post and discuss

Re: Comics for the week of June 5/6th, post and discuss

Shihad said:
Seven Soldiers of Victory vol 2-3

I've re-read the 3 TPBs about 50 times. I can't put them down.

E said:
I've re-read the 3 TPBs about 50 times. I can't put them down.

Well i got vol 1 the other week, but i thought id wait til i got all 3, cause i had a flick thro and it looked confusing as..... it should arrive tomorrow or Tuesday, and thats to far away, i gotta read 'Freshmen' By Seth Green 1st, and i haven't even had time to do that yet

Why does the title say "June 5/6th"? Is there some weird American holiday again that we normal people wouldn't know anything about, and also is it still June?

Nitpicker me.

vintsukka said:
Why does the title say "June 5/6th"? Is there some weird American holiday again that we normal people wouldn't know anything about, and also is it still June?

Nitpicker me.

Because it's a 4th of July weekend here in the US. On 3-day weekends such as this one, comics tend to be released on Thursday rather than Wednesday. Some shops who are part of a larger chain, sometimes get their shipments a day earlier so they sort 'em.

vintsukka said:
also is it still June?

Oooo....good catch. Should be July.

Last edited:

Victor Von Doom said:
Because it's a 4th of July weekend here in the US. On 3-day weekends such as this one, comics tend to be released on Thursday rather than Wednesday. Some shops who are part of a larger chain, sometimes get their shipments a day earlier so they sort 'em.
So Tuesday being a holiday, that makes it a 3-day weekend? Gotcha.

vintsukka said:
So Tuesday being a holiday, that makes it a 3-day weekend? Gotcha.

My bad...I'm working all weekend so I didn't realize that the 4th was on Tuesday. So a lot of people will be getting a 4-day weekend. Either that or they show up on Monday and have Tuesday off.

Yeah...it's weird. But with it being a govt holiday....everything just gets halted.

Last edited:
Fables Vol 7 Arabian Nights And Days TP
Beyond #1

And I got the shaft, I'm not union, but everyone union gets the 3rd and 4th off, I just get the fourth

Ultimate Houde said:
Fables Vol 7 Arabian Nights And Days TP
Beyond #1

And I got the shaft, I'm not union, but everyone union gets the 3rd and 4th off, I just get the fourth
Not only do I not get the 4th off, but I'm the only cook on after 9pm. Now, this might be a washingotn oddity, but we tend to be busy on holiday nights. I just hope the GM is on so he can see what I have to put up with thanks to his schedule.

Baxter said:
Not only do I not get the 4th off, but I'm the only cook on after 9pm. Now, this might be a washingotn oddity, but we tend to be busy on holiday nights. I just hope the GM is on so he can see what I have to put up with thanks to his schedule.

I'm in Atlanta and that might or might not be an oddity. We get huge crowds at the bars/restaurants near the fireworks shows, but otherwise, the restaurants tend to be dead. I do pizza delivery (although I had it off this year) and I know it's close to the deadest day of the year for that business.

Anyway, this is a heavy week of comic book buying for me. Funny though... I'm not picking up anything Marvel this week. Oh well...

52 #9
Atom #1
Detective Comics #821
Secret Six #2
Teen Titans #37 and/or Outsiders #38 (ggrr... I don't get why they have two equivalent series releasing on the same days)

and maybe the new Fables TPB. I've already read the story, but I love Fables so much, I'm thinking of buying everything in trade, so I've got a hard copy collection.

I'm loving 52, but I'm honestly going to be relieved when it's over. ;) That's 3 bucks a week. That's the equivalent of juggling four ongoings.

Last edited:
DC:

52 #9
Supergirl #7

Marvel:

Beyond #1
Last Planet Standing #5
Marvel Adventures Spider-Man #17
Marvel Team-Up #22

Zenescope:

Grimm Fairy Tales #7

Last edited:

The ones that really stood out this week, from my favorite on down:

Ballantine Books
Flight Vol 3 GN

Oni Press
Leading Man #1

Death Jr Vol 2 #1

Oni Press
Polly and the Pirates #6

Dark Horse
Archenemies #4

I liked Uncanny. Not much happened, but it was great seeing Xavier still be a leader even without his telepathy.

Latest posts

Back