Comics Manifesto - ....interesting!

fenway

http://www.comicbookmanifesto.com/

Check out this website - I did a search for it here, but couldn't find that anyone referenced it yet (sorry if its old hat here :( )

I actually agree with much of what he suggests. My only problem? I obsessively treat some of my comics like collectibles (bag and board ones I really like, even though I know they will never be worth anything).

I thought this site might generate some interesting discussion!

I certainly hadn't read this!

The Comic Manifesto said:
I started reading comics in 1983. Comics were sixty cents each. According to the Inflation Calculator, that would be $1.28 in today's dollars.

I found this, in particular, fascinating.

But I would definitely buy the 500-pages for a fiver thing.

Thanks for linkage, fenway.

The Comic Manifesto said:
I started reading comics in 1983. Comics were sixty cents each. According to the Inflation Calculator, that would be $1.28 in today's dollars.

I had mentioned this in the comic price increase discussion thread, without specific numbers, but it is clear that comics are increasing in price faster than the rate of inflation. The first time they starting applying drastic rate increases it (along with a few other factors) nearly collapsed the industry. Yet these same people - most of whom were working in comics at that time, mind you - see no problem with a full dollar increase on the cover price of a comic today.

The stupidity is mind-boggling.

Latest posts

Back