Comparative Geek Fight Trivia Quiz

I consider this two aspects of the same answer. Good try, though.

Also, it's debatable whether Caulder's crippling is considered a "violent event"; he removed a device that was intended to correct a natural spinal flaw. So if Immortus had not intervened he would have lost the use of his legs anyway.

Okay, there's definitely no question about Oracle, Xavier, and Caulder being leaders. If you can justify why you think Locke is a leader, I'll let you win this round.

(This wasn't the answer I was looking for, but the correct response *is* related to their various group affiliations, so you're definitely thinking along the same lines.)
Thing is a I don't watch Lost, I've seen a couple of episodes. In these episodes, Locke was like the second in comand (only outranked by Jack) and he was really pissed when someone (I think it was Desmond) said something about him being okay in taking orders from Jack. Maybe is their need for control that you are talking about? The need to make everything the way they want?

Last edited:
Thing is a I don't watch Heroes, I've seen a couple of episodes. In these episodes, Locke was like the second in comand (only outranked by Jack) and he was really pissed when someone (I think it was Desmond) said something about him being okay in taking orders from Jack. Maybe is their need for control that you are talking about? The need to make everything the way they want?
I presume you've spotted your mistake by now.

But otherwise... congratulations! You hit the nail right on the head with this answer. All the characters are essentially manipulators, in one way or another. They all use secrecy, information brokering, and (if need be) dirty tricks to get other people to carry out their agenda (whether or not that agenda is ultimately for good or evil purposes).

I would have also accepted the answer that all of them have technically engaged in unlawful activities (marijuana growing, vigilantism, training mutants/freaks without proper/legitimate authorization, etc.).

Anyway, Ultimate Quicksilver, you pick the next question. (That's how the game works, in case anybody missed it on the first page.)

Last edited:
I presume you've spotted your mistake by now.

But otherwise... congratulations! You hit the nail right on the head with this answer. All the characters are essentially manipulators, in one way or another. They all use secrecy, information brokering, and (if need be) dirty tricks to get other people to carry out their agenda (whether or not that agenda is ultimately for good or evil purposes).

I would have also accepted the answer that all of them have technically engaged in unlawful activities (marijuana growing, vigilantism, training mutants/freaks without proper/legitimate authorization, etc.).

Anyway, Ultimate Quicksilver, you pick the next question. (That's how the game works, in case anybody missed it on the first page.)

Ops, Wrong series! :lol:
Yay! I did it. Okay guys, I need a time to think about the contestants and I have a small college work to finish, I'll be back with the question in half an hour!

Ok, sorry if I screw this up, I don't know if this will be extremely easy or just a pain in the ***.
Here it goes, what do they have in common?

Black Adam (DC Comics)
Batman (DC Comics)
Mohinder Suresh (Heroes)
Harry Osborn (Spider-man 3)

They all became who they are based on the death of Family members.

:(

I told you that was too easy! I'm good in answering, but I'm really bad in doing the question. :lol:

You got it right. Black Adam got insane with the murdering of his wife and daughter. Harry Osborn uses the goblin serum and goes after the man who killed his father. Batman is now the dark knight because of the murder of his parents, and finally Suresh was researching the "Heroes" because his father's murder.

Your turn.

Last edited:
Ok, sorry if I screw this up, I don't know if this will be extremely easy or just a pain in the ***.
Here it goes, what do they have in common?

Black Adam (DC Comics)
Batman (DC Comics)
Mohinder Suresh (Heroes)
Harry Osborn (Spider-man 3)
You got it right. Black Adam got insane with the murdering of his wife and daughter. Anakin Skywalker got the taste of the dark side when his mother died. Batman is now the dark knight because of the murder of his parents, and finally Suresh was researching the "Heroes" because his father's murder.
You've got your angry pretty boys all mixed up :wink:

This one may be too easy. We'll see, I suppose.

Starman
Nightwing
The Kangaroo (Spider-man Villain)
Sue Dibny

Last edited:
I'm going to make an informed guess --

They've all been experienced rape. (I'm basing this off my knowledge of Dibny and the Jack Knight version of Starman.)

Compound wins.

Jack Knight was raped by what's her face. Nightwing was Raped by Tarantula. Sue Dibny, by Doctor Light and Kangaroo by a bunch of Prison inmates.

I should have left out either Sue or Starman. Having them both together made it too easy.

Compound wins.

Jack Knight was raped by what's her face. Nightwing was Raped by Tarantula. Sue Dibny, by Doctor Light and Kangaroo by a bunch of Prison inmates.

I should have left out either Sue or Starman. Having them both together made it too easy.

That was still pretty obscure..good one tho

You should have replaced Starman with Veronica Mars -- that way, you have three characters who are (sort of) detectives. People might have focused on that angle, instead of recognizing the rape aspect, right away.

Next question in five minutes...

Last edited:
You should have replaced Starman with Veronica Mars -- that way, you have three characters who are (sort of) detectives. People might have focused on that angle, instead of recognizing the rape aspect, right away.

Next question in five minutes...

Compound makes Wade feel stupid.

This one might be a little easy, but we'll see...

What do these characters have in common?

Nightwing
Nightcrawler
Ben Hawkins (Carnivale)
Helena Campbell (Neil Gaiman's Mirrormask)​

Last edited:

Nightwing
Nightcrawler
Ben Hawkins (Carnivale)

I know this one but i'll have to pass on the question because I have to sleep.
All of them worked in the Circus.

Nightwing
Nightcrawler
Ben Hawkins (Carnivale)

They have all been members of a circus at some point? at first i thought it might be to do with parents relationship to them or some such, but I don't know what carnivale is I'm guessing it has a carnival or something, seems to fit. nightwing was an acrobat, nightcrawler was a mutie FREAK, Helena campbell is in the circus and dreams about runnning away to 'real life'.

EDIT: ok now it looks like I read the answer and then just repeated 3 mins after quicksilver

Last edited:
I know this one but i'll have to pass on the question because I have to sleep.
All of them worked in the Circus.
Okay, so UQ is the honorary winner but...

They have all been members of a circus at some point? at first i thought it might be to do with parents relationship to them or some such, but I don't know what carnivale is I'm guessing it has a carnival or something, seems to fit. nightwing was an acrobat, nightcrawler was a mutie FREAK, Helena campbell is in the circus and dreams about runnning away to 'real life'.
Ninja4Peace gets to choose the next question...

But ONLY if he first says that pirates could whoop ninja *** on an overwhelming majority of situations, all things being equal.

Last edited:
Pirates could whoop ninja *** on an overwhelming majority of situations, all things being equal.

OK here goes, shouldn't be too difficult:

Vision
Ultimate Beast
Ant-man (Scott Lang)
Ultimate Doc Ock (Magnetopus)

Latest posts

Back