Corners of the Core DC Universe

Sci-Fantasy!

The next genre! What happens when you combine Star Wars with The Lord of the Rings?

Gandalf with a lightsaber, *****es!

ProjectX2 said:
Sci-Fantasy!

The next genre! What happens when you combine Star Wars with The Lord of the Rings?

Gandalf with a lightsaber, *****es!

Gandalf + Lightsaber = Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Star Wars IS Sci-Fantasy. It is completely and utterly science-fiction + fantasy.

Bass said:
Gandalf + Lightsaber = Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Star Wars IS Sci-Fantasy. It is completely and utterly science-fiction + fantasy.

You fib.

You know I don't.

Big beasts, magic, swords, an old wizard who stole the throne from the people, a young innocent farm boy that turns out to be a prince, a man who looks like death, a princess locked in a tower...

It's sci-fantasy.

Bass said:
You know I don't.

Big beasts, magic, swords, an old wizard who stole the throne from the people, a young innocent farm boy that turns out to be a prince, a man who looks like death, a princess locked in a tower...

It's sci-fantasy.

Absolutley.

Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica, Babylon 5. . .that's all Sci-Fi. Firefly is another example of a hybrid genre: Sci-Fi Western.

As for the fifth corner of DC. . .um, "Crisis"? Crisis on Multiple Earths, Crisis on Infinite Earth, Zero Hour: Crisis in Time, Infinite Crisis, a gazillion spin-offs, etc.

At least Marvel doesn't name all of its universe spanning crossovers variations of the same damn name.

Lynx said:
As for the fifth corner of DC. . .um, "Crisis"? Crisis on Multiple Earths, Crisis on Infinite Earth, Zero Hour: Crisis in Time, Infinite Crisis, a gazillion spin-offs, etc.

At least Marvel doesn't name all of its universe spanning crossovers variations of the same damn name.

:?

Infinity Gauntlet - 91
Infinity War - 92
Infinity Crusade - 93
Infinity Abyss - 02

Secret Wars - 84-85
Secret Wars II - 85-86
Secret War - 04-05

Contest of Champions - 82
Contest of Champions 2 - 98

As opposed to:
Crisis on Infinite Earths - 85
Zero Hour: A Crisis in Time - 94
Identity Crisis - 04
Infinite Crisis - 05

Really, who is the perpetrator of repetitive bad names here... Marvel or DC?

Last edited:
Dr.Strangefate said:
:?

Infinity Gauntlet - 91
Infinity War - 92
Infinity Crusade - 93
Infinity Abyss - 02

Secret Wars - 84-85
Secret Wars II - 85-86
Secret War - 04-05

Contest of Champions - 82
Contest of Champions 2 - 98

As opposed to:
Crisis on Infinite Earths - 85
Zero Hour: A Crisis in Time - 94
Identity Crisis - 04
Infinite Crisis - 05

Really, who is the perpetrator of repetitive bad names here... Marvel or DC?
Both? You've got to admit, nothing amazing in either.

Could GL not be considered a corner? 3 books monthly, then all the space crap can be lumped in there.

Baxter said:
Both? You've got to admit, nothing amazing in either.

Truth.

PatriotMK2 said:
Could GL not be considered a corner? 3 books monthly, then all the space crap can be lumped in there.

Y'know... I think you're right. If the Corps gets that much solo coverage, then they would make perfect sense to be the poster boys of said title.

So it would be... (if we called it the Infinite line)

Infinite Superman
Infinite Batman
Infinite DC All-Stars
Infinite Justice League
Infinite Green Lantern

Yay or nay?

Didn't DC have a name for a comic that featured different people every month. Spolight, or shwodown, something like that.

The DC All-star should change to that name I think

Infinite Superman
Infinite Batman
Infinite League
Infinite Green Lantern (Infinite Corps?)
Infinite Spotlight?

Ultimate Houde said:
Didn't DC have a name for a comic that featured different people every month. Spolight, or shwodown, something like that.

The DC All-star should change to that name I think

Solo, or DC Showcase, or DC Presents.

Ultimate Houde said:
I think Bass is a great parallel to *******!
PARALLELOBURN.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back