Create hardcovers (sorta)?

Ultimates

Hello,
I know people on this site are able to make their own hardcovers (e), but what about converting a softcover? Like my preacher series, would it be hard to get that hardcover material and make a dustjacket?

Hello,
I know people on this site are able to make their own hardcovers (e), but what about converting a softcover? Like my preacher series, would it be hard to get that hardcover material and make a dustjacket?

I'm not sure how you could do a dustcover with cardboard. It would be very awkward.

no no no, what I mean is create a dustjacket with the artwork, like print it out. I was thinking remove the cardboard cover, put the hardcover material on it, and then have a nice dustjacket to go with it.

If you're talking about making a photocopy of the cover art to place inside a plastic sheath to make a dust jacket, then, yes, it can be done. I've had a couple of hardcover novels arrive at the library with no dust jacket or cover art, and I borrowed a copy of the book from another library to make a color photocopy of the art. I then glued it onto a large sheet of paper, trimmed it to the cover size, and slipped it into a dust jacket protector. I could then attach it to the book just like a regular dust jacket, and the book was ready to circulate.

You can purchase ready-made protectors at Highsmith, Demco, and Gaylord. I have a box of these at home to put on the dust jackets of my hardcover trades.

If you actually want to cut off the paperback cover and use it inside a dust jacket protector, that might be a little trickier.

Latest posts

Back