Daredevil: Battlin' Jack Murdock [spoilers]

E

Excelsior Club
Anyone read this? I didn't see a thread for it.

I just read all 4 parts at once and thought it was really good...great Daredevil story without it being about Daredevil.

The only thing I have a question about is this: is this a retcon? Because in the story, Jack figures out that Matt has abilities...Matt had saved him from some thugs in a gym and Jack saw later that Matt had a black eye. He later taunts the Fixer to go ahead and "see" Matt, because they would be in for a surprise.

Was that previously established? I had never heard that Jack had any clue that Matt was anything but a blind bookworm.

Anyone read this? I didn't see a thread for it.

I just read all 4 parts at once and thought it was really good...great Daredevil story without it being about Daredevil.

The only thing I have a question about is this: is this a retcon? Because in the story, Jack figures out that Matt has abilities...Matt had saved him from some thugs in a gym and Jack saw later that Matt had a black eye. He later taunts the Fixer to go ahead and "see" Matt, because they would be in for a surprise.

Was that previously established? I had never heard that Jack had any clue that Matt was anything but a blind bookworm.

In a great and touching scene in Daredevil 100 which everyone should buy and read, Daredevil is hallucinating all his worst fears. At the end, he imagines his father being shot. Before being dies, the vision of his father helps him break out of the illusion. The hallucination tells Daredevil that he, Jack Murdock, could always recognize another fighter and figured out what his son was. It was imaginary, so either Daredevil had his dream father tell him what he wanted to hear or Daredevil subconsciously knew that his father recognized him.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a great and touching scene in Daredevil 100 which everyone should buy and read, Daredevil is hallucinating all his worst fears. At the end, he imagines his father being shot. Before being dies, the vision of his father helps him break out of the illusion. The hallucination tells Daredevil that he, Jack Murdock, could always recognize another fighter and figured out what his son was. It was imaginary, so either Daredevil had his dream father tell him what he wanted to hear or Daredevil subconsciously knew that his father recognized him.

I bought it and read it but I didn't make that connection. Cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was a great series.

And if they changed it, than I like it better that way.

He was able to leave Matt on his own because he knew his son could take care of himself.

In a great and touching scene in Daredevil 100 which everyone should buy and read,
Daredevil is hallucinating all his worst fears. At the end, he imagines his father being shot. Before being dies, the vision of his father helps him break out of the illusion. The hallucination tells Daredevil that he, Jack Murdock, could always recognize another fighter and figured out what his son was. It was imaginary, so either Daredevil had his dream father tell him what he wanted to hear or Daredevil subconsciously knew that his father recognized him.

It was a surprisingly good scene in an overall mediocre issue.

I haven't read all of Battlin' Jack Murdock, though. Is it really worth picking up in trade/hardcover/whatever?

It was a surprisingly good scene in an overall mediocre issue.

I haven't read all of Battlin' Jack Murdock, though. Is it really worth picking up in trade/hardcover/whatever?

I held off reading it until I had all 4 issues, and I will be buying the collection (whether it's PHC, HC, or TPB) when it comes out.

The 4 rounds/4 issues thing was clever and well executed.

Latest posts

Back