Daredevil Characters in Ultimate Spider-Man

I think Mysterio is the perfect candidate at this point. If memory serves, he's seen a lot of action on DD's side as well as Spider-Man's, so why not? So long as Mysterio is given more street credit and Bendis gets rid of the fish bowl I believe we'll have a cool team-up arc! :)

Goodwill said:
I think Mysterio is the perfect candidate at this point. If memory serves, he's seen a lot of action on DD's side as well as Spider-Man's, so why not? So long as Mysterio is given more street credit and Bendis gets rid of the fish bowl I believe we'll have a cool team-up arc! :)
It's not that Mysterio has seen a lot of DD action. It's quality not quanity. Mysterio served Matt Murdock a major major blow under Smith's pen. I think he's done worse to Daredevil than he's ever done with Spider-Man.

Goodwill said:
Personally?
It's unfair for me to say that. I'm not familiar with Mysterios interactions with Spider-Man (will read handbook later) but in Daredevil's case.... (Guardian Devil Spoiler)
He's the guy ultimately reponsible for Karen's death
. So yeah, personally at this point of my own knowledge I'd say yes.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Exactly. I'm really hopeing that when DD appears in USM, that they ultimize a Daredevil villain with the team up. Hopefully Mysterio. Since I consider him more of a DD foe since Guardian Devil.

But Mysterio is not a true DD baddie because he fought Spidey for 40 years and fought DD twice. He may have struck a real blow to DD, but the vast majority of his history is with Spider-Man.

Here's a little update, after finishing his run on Daredevil, Bendis said he misses DD enough to have him show up more in USM, so we may see more DD characters in USM.

The Overlord said:
Here's a little update, after finishing his run on Daredevil, Bendis said he misses DD enough to have him show up more in USM, so we may see more DD characters in USM.

Bendis said:
In fact, when Daredevil starts showing up in every other issue of Ultimate Spider-Man, you know I'm homesick.

That's what you mean.

TheManWithoutFear said:
That's what you mean.

Yeah, that's what I meant, but if bendis is going to use DD in USM he may bring some other DD characters as well, like Karen, Foggy, etc.

I hope not ... there are enough people atm for spidey to interact with atm (excluding villains), and well, I don't think it's too much of a good idea to to keep introducing new characters all the time for no real good reason. Especially someone like Daredevils supporting crew which will just end up having continuity problems if they ever create an ultimate daredevil series.

One thing is villains, but the supporting cast, that's kinda bleh, because, how would introducing them and give them enough space to make them seem like "real" characters do anything but **** up anything cool they might come up in x years when they have all those great ideas about new takes on daredevil for the ultimate universe.

One of the things I really didn't like was how in ultimate spiderman super special Blade and Vampires are introduced; with no more mention of vampires afterwards... since everything interacts, doesn't fury care? doesn't he know? what are the vamps up to? Imo shouldn't have been introduced untill there was a real reason for it. Since the ultimate universe is supposed to be (mostly) continous there's just more problems than good things about introducing characters with a real impact on the storylines/universe too early; you'll have to deal with the fact that from that point on they do exist in that form in the universe. Untill you introduce them, it's all up in the air.

So introducing supporting cast of another hero ... not more than cameos imo, nothing to build character, because if at a later point they get more coverage I would want the writers to feel free to do whatever they want with them. And honestly, I don't really see how it would help develop spiderman into a deeper or more well rounded character; there's so many cool characters allready introduced, adding some more seems pointless instead of just going back and do some character developments on allready introduced characters.

Like for example, wtf is happening to everyone working at the daily bugle?

Latest posts

Back