Daredevil reboot

But he did contribute to the fad, supported it's spread to the masses. There is no excuse. Though really that doesn't trouble me as it says nothing about his talent, just his choice in jobs, but seeing Twilight next to his name definitely leaves me with a negative impression.
That's like saying Joe Quesada should be held accountable for Jeph Loeb's writing.

Wait.

But he did contribute to the fad, supported it's spread to the masses. There is no excuse.

Though really that doesn't trouble me as it says nothing about his talent, just his choice in jobs, but seeing Twilight next to his name definitely leaves me with a negative impression.

He took a high profile job to increase his income and stature in the business. Nothing wrong with that.

Daredevil Reboot to be directed by David Slade and scripted by Brad Caleb Kane

20th Century Fox is moving steadily forward with a reboot of Daredevil, set to be directed by David Slade (Hard Candy, 30 Days of Night, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse). Now, The Hollywood Reporter has word that the studio has brought aboard a scribe in the form of Brad Caleb Kane.

This is the coolest part though:
Kane, a relative newcomer, has served as a writer on the television series "Crash" and "Fringe," but is, bizarrely, also known for being the singing voice of the title character in Disney's 1992 animated film, Aladdin.
:shock:

anyway, apparently it's going to be based on Frank Miller's Reborn arc. If they do it right, it could be an intense and dark movie.

yeah, it really could.

I still want to see a Daredevil/Spider-Man crossover movie where they team up to take down the Kingpin. So badly.

This article suggests that Purple Man and Typhoid Mary will be villains in this movie:

http://comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=42159

I like Purple Man and Typhoid Mary, but putting both of them into an adaption of Born again seems a bit crowded.

Eh, if Mary's just another hitman (or they want to save Bullseye for the sequel and she takes her place) and Purple Man's taking Mysterio's place then it should be fine. Besides Purple Man and Typhoid are way much better than Mr. Fear and Owl (which apparantly were originally hinted at bein in it).

Neither Bullseye nor Mysterio were in Born Again - you're thinking of Guardian Devil. The villains in Born Again were King Pin and Nuke. But I think Typhoid Mary could work really well in this story. In the comics, shortly after Born Again, Typhoid Mary uses her powers to mess with DD's mind, and is able to seduce Matt into having an affair with Mary (Typhoid's nice personality). Then, when he gets the crap beat out of him b/c of this, a barely conscious Matt calls Karin 'Mary' in the hospital. Karin leaves him and his life spirals out of control again for a while. I can buy them using aspects of that story in an adaptation of Born Again, or maybe even making that a first movie in a born again duology with the second movie being Born Again proper. (or the third movie, and have the second be about Elektra/Bullseye, or Purple Man, or whoever).

Neither Bullseye nor Mysterio were in Born Again - you're thinking of Guardian Devil. The villains in Born Again were King Pin and Nuke. But I think Typhoid Mary could work really well in this story. In the comics, shortly after Born Again, Typhoid Mary uses her powers to mess with DD's mind, and is able to seduce Matt into having an affair with Mary (Typhoid's nice personality). Then, when he gets the crap beat out of him b/c of this, a barely conscious Matt calls Karin 'Mary' in the hospital. Karin leaves him and his life spirals out of control again for a while. I can buy them using aspects of that story in an adaptation of Born Again, or maybe even making that a first movie in a born again duology with the second movie being Born Again proper. (or the third movie, and have the second be about Elektra/Bullseye, or Purple Man, or whoever).

Yeah that storyline makes more sense for a reboot.

So apparently David Slade - the director who was attached to this - left so he could direct the Hannibal tv show. Word is if Fox doesn't get this movie into production by the fall, the rights revert back to Marvel.

Source: SHH

I think the rights reverting back to Marvel is a good thing. Now if they can get the rights to the FF back. I'd love good, in movie continuity Daredevil and FF movies. Especially FF. Plus I really want to see a decent movie adaptation of the infinity gauntlet.

Latest posts

Back