Daredevil Vs. The Punisher series discussion (SPOILERS)

Whose brand of Justice do you support?

• Total voters

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Daredevil Vs. The Punisher #1 (Spoilers/Discussions/NEW POLL)

This thread has dual purposes. First and foremost is the discussion of the mini when it's released. Now there's a few threads already about this mini but this one is different... it has a poll :twisted: . The reason I'm creating it now is so that we can discuss the politics and attitudes of the two characters. Daredevil Vs. Punisher. One man brings criminals to justice and the other delivers justice to the criminals. Most people think that they're very similar but they are not. You'll see this when the mini comes out. Daredevil does not kill. Unlike the film version where he tosses Quesada infront of a subway train. The comics Daredevil would rarely kill a man out of vengence. Daredevil's goal is to make sure that justice is served. The Punisher is a maniac who feels that once someone has slipped up he or she must die... yeah, that pretty much sums it up. So I'm asking you to vote on the subject. If you were a vigilante who would be your role model? Once the poll dies out and the discussion the comic will get underway and we can use the thread to discuss it.

Please point us to the other threads and we'll close them.

I vote for Punisher. I also support capital punishment. :twisted:

I would also argue the point that Punisher kills people if they "slip". Admitedly I haven't read a ton of Punisher comics, but I've never seen him kill anyone who wasn't a cold hard criminal. In other words, I've never seen him blow away a purse-snatcher.

UltimateE said:
I would also argue the point that Punisher kills people if they "slip". Admitedly I haven't read a ton of Punisher comics, but I've never seen him kill anyone who wasn't a cold hard criminal. In other words, I've never seen him blow away a purse-snatcher.
No, but he did kill a couple for jaywalking.

Really, he did.

icemastertron said:
No, but he did kill a couple for jaywalking.

Eh, they would have been hit by a car anyway. He did them a favor.

My view of The Punisher was always the he was basicly a Serial Killer with the targets breing Orginized Criminals. Not nessicarily traditional orginized crime, but criminals who are simply more focused, more resolute in thier attacks.

I voted for Daredevil, not that I support Vigilantisim in any form, but that his more recent methods of route the criminals and force them into compliance is more into the methods that I believe would work over simply shooting them in the head.

Baxter said:
I voted for Daredevil, not that I support Vigilantisim in any form, but that his more recent methods of route the criminals and force them into compliance is more into the methods that I believe would work over simply shooting them in the head.

Shooting them in the head eliminates the chance that they won't comply though.

UltimateE said:
Shooting them in the head eliminates the chance that they won't comply though.

Very ture. I voted for Punisher. Daredevil always seems really weak and pathetic to me in some stories, but then again, Frank Miller's Daredevil (and especially Frank MIller's Daredevil: The Man Without Fear) is very gritty and Daredevil is very harsh in that, but hey, thats FM for ya.

I voted for Daredevil. Not because I favor him but because when I put myself in their shoes I don't think I could come down to killing someone who only commited a minor crime. Rape and Murder would get my blood boiling enough to pull a trigger but I heard Punisher is pretty extreme... so I voted for DD. Also I compared Punisher to the Boondock Saints who pretty much do the same thing but Punisher is insane and they McManus brothers are totally righteous.

I can't vote in this poll because I don't support any of the forms in the real life (which I have a feeling that it is we are voting for). In comic form I would vote Daredevil but that is in the comics, not real life.

Ultimate Warrior said:
I can't vote in this poll because I don't support any of the forms in the real life (which I have a feeling that it is we are voting for). In comic form I would vote Daredevil but that is in the comics, not real life.

So if you saw some kid getting beaten in the street by a bunch of punks you wouldn't try to stop them?

TheManWithoutFear said:
So if you saw some kid getting beaten in the street by a bunch of punks you wouldn't try to stop them?
I know you're not asking me, but just helping someone doesn't automatically make you a vigilante. A vigilante by definition is someone who works outside the law, thus taking the law into his or her own hands. That doesnt mean, you're a good guy, cuz even a bad guy can make you a vigilante. Just helping out someone once (not saying its what you said) doesnt make you a vigilante. If you help someone who was getting beaten up by some street punks, is you helping someone out. Doesnt mean you're someone like Daredevil or Spider-Man. There's degrees to being a vigilante.

There, my rant's over. :p

icemastertron said:
I know you're not asking me, but just helping someone doesn't automatically make you a vigilante. A vigilante by definition is someone who works outside the law, thus taking the law into his or her own hands. That doesnt mean, you're a good guy, cuz even a bad guy can make you a vigilante. Just helping out someone once (not saying its what you said) doesnt make you a vigilante. If you help someone who was getting beaten up by some street punks, is you helping someone out. Doesnt mean you're someone like Daredevil or Spider-Man. There's degrees to being a vigilante.

There, my rant's over. :p
I know what you're saying but I was just opening the door. I don't mean in one situation, I mean a series of them. If you had the power to help people or more appropriately to stop the bad people, would you? Would you make it your life's work.

I definitely would.

TheManWithoutFear said:
I know what you're saying but I was just opening the door. I don't mean in one situation, I mean a series of them. If you had the power to help people or more appropriately to stop the bad people, would you? Would you make it your life's work.

I definitely would.
If I had the power, actually be able to stop these 'series' of bad stituations from happening, yeah, I'd definetly do it.

I voted for Daredevil because I don't think any man as the right to take an other man's life. No matter what they've done. But If that's the only way if it threats the life of a other person. A hell I'm torn on the matter. A extremely good show that adress this is the anime Trigun. You should check it out. It might change your opinoin on the whole thing. I think Punisher is the more interesting character though.

Even though i'm not a supporter of the death penalty, i had to go with Punisher on this one.

First of all, the brand of criminals he deals with aren't bound by the legal system, meaning they can usually slip out of their punishment due to some corrupt judge, or a bought jury. Daredevil may scare them and beat em up a little, but that's only going to stall them from getting back to what they do, which is hurting people. Can't come back from the grave to do that now can ya?

Latest posts

Back