Daredevil Vs. The Punisher series discussion (SPOILERS)

Whose brand of Justice do you support?

• Total voters
Daredevil Vs. Punisher #1 Means And Ends

#1 came out today and I hope you're paying attention.

Story focused more on Punisher. He's going to take a shot at Hammerhead and then Daredevil stops him. There's a little Daredevil where he explains his actions and why Punisher has to be stopped before Hammerhead can be dealt with.

Hell's Kitchen is now in Hammerhead's grip and Punisher is playing cat & mouse with Daredevil trying to pull off ways to stop Hammerhead but Daredevil interfere's. Punisher finds his way to a diner where he finds the waitress looks like his lost wife (Unnesessary). Punisher helps the family being bullied by local gangs.

Pretty much it just sets up the scenes for the rest of the mini. Best parts were Some dialogue from Frank Castle.

About Daredevil: It'll take me half the night to lose him. Maybe he really is the Devil. Maybe I am in Hell."

In the Diner When the gangs come looking for money. Punisher is sitting at the table being begged by the waitress in whispers to not start trouble: "I want so badly -- To show them the shirt"

Good stuff. Not as great as Hine but not bad at all. 7/10

I better not be the only one reading this...

#2 was a big improvement on the mini. A lot of looking into What's going on with Kingpin wannabes in Hell's Kitchen (remember this takes place in continuity)

Opening scene with Punisher following the men into the subway and the big gun fight was a great action scene.

The kids, Martin and Mary seems to be shapeing up into one of those kid tries to play hardball and is really going to get into some trouble. He bought a gun and seems to follow Frank's lead. By Mini's end he'll probably be saved by Daredevil.

The Jackal is f'n insane. A terrible dresser though.

The dialogue was pretty good throughout especially between Daredevil and Hammerhead. Hammerhead tries to convince Daredevil to take out Punisher and pretty much Daredevil tells him to shut up because he's going to do that himself and then he's tossing Hammerhead in jail. This is why I love Daredevil and Lapham really handles him well.

Ending fight scene between the two vigilantes that ends with the enterance of an old friend.... BUSHWACKER.... good stuff

I think it's great that we have a DD book with a whole lot of Daredevil in it. I know a lot of people complain about Redemption and even the current run by Bendis because it focuses more on Matt Murdock so if you're into the red horns this book is definitely where it's at.

This issue gets a 9/10 from me.

Daredevil Vs. Punisher #3 Discussion (Spoilers)

Another solid issue.

Starts off with Punisher and DD evading Bushwacker's attack. BW is after Punisher and Punisher only but Daredevil is there to save the day. So BW opens fire on him, killing a few innocents. (This mini is not for kids)

Next we're back with the Bastelli kids. The sister offers to take her brother to a night club. Brother's not used to the R-rating of the club and takes a breather in the back alley. There he tells his sister he's gettin' rid of the gun that he got to be like Punisher. Just then a man comes out attacking his girl claiming she's a whore. Martin draws the gun on the guy and scares him off and is applauded by the rest of the night club.

This concerns me because what kind of message are we sending out? It's "OK" to play with guns?

Next, Jimi Sweets is in the hospital his body covered by burns and he's not cooperating with the police. Even though, they're offering him much needed protection he still won't tell them anything. He then gets a nightly visit from Daredevil "asking" him to cooperate.

Punisher sets off fireworks to draw Bushwacker to him. Daredevil interferes and Punisher runs off to confront Hammerhead and Jackal.

Some interesting bits about Bushwacker are revealed. Turns out he's a mutant and the doctors didn't give him abilities to turn his hands into guns, they unlocked them. Daredevil beats him easily but takes a bullet to the shoulder.

Punisher walks into an empty building and asks where Hammerhead's gone. The lackey tells him that Daredevil was there previously (Issue 2) and they all left.

We end with Punisher swearing that Daredevil is a menace and must be stopped.

4/5

Daredevil Vs. Punisher #4 Discussion (Spoilers)

Hammerhead's in jail. Jackal visits him and tells him he's in charge now.

Punisher is on a rampage and is picking off everyone that is running Jackal's circut including innocents. But no one is innocent to Punisher. Daredevil stops one of these assasination attempts on a judge set up by the Jackal. Punisher finishes the job. Daredevil is then given false information about The Punisher from a prostitute, who is lying and DD knows this, to find Punisher in a van by the river. A good fight occurs between Punisher and DD and Punisher ends up killing a bystander which he then stops and questions his actions. Daredevil knocks him out.

Meanwhile The two kids witness their father getting held up and Martin takes his gun out and shoots the guy. The issue closes with 3 thugs heading to the families apartment and they knock on the door. End.

Another good issue. It's amazing how there's really no progression but there's so much action to make up for it. I mean that is what we expect when we're dealing with The Punisher, right?

4/5

All issue discussion threads have been merged into one thread - please use this thread to discuss the series including any new issue discussion.

#4 Came out today.

Hammerhead's thugs attacked the two central kid characters home and killed the father and did some bad stuff too Maria. The young boy wasn't there.

Punisher's feelin' guilty about killin' an innocent man and goes to see him in the hospital. There he learns the young girl, Maria, is in there too.

Daredevil who rushed the innocent man to the hospital is in civies now and picks up Punisher on the premisis.

Punisher's watching over Maria and her little brother comes and yells at him for making him believe he wanted to be like him. He refers to the gun that he bought in order to be like Frank Castle.

Daredevil stops an undercover janitor from killing Maria and Punisher and the boy escape to his home.

Punisher and the boy have to deal with more of Hammerheads thugs and what makes matters worse is the cops are surrounding the place. After taking Hammerheads thugs out with a gernade down the stairs they head for the fire escape. Where Daredevil is waiting for him.

I know it's hard to keep up with the story but it was a good read. Looking back though I suggest that anyone whose interested in this should get it in trade and not issue by issue because frankly I lose interest until I read the issue that came out.

4/5 Lapham does violence!

Conclusion #6

Bloody violent. Fight between Punisher and Daredevil while cops and thugs are closing in. Boy tries to stick up for Punisher and ends up getting killed. Punisher is taken in. Maria writes him letters everyday.

Good final scene where The Punisher makes the prison help take the pills for him.

Did it mean Punisher was gonna stop being violent? Nah. Maria even encourages him to keep fighting...

3.5/5 overall. The arc's Decent read.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Conclusion #6

Bloody violent. Fight between Punisher and Daredevil while cops and thugs are closing in. Boy tries to stick up for Punisher and ends up getting killed. Punisher is taken in. Maria writes him letters everyday.

Good final scene where The Punisher makes the prison help take the pills for him.

Did it mean Punisher was gonna stop being violent? Nah. Maria even encourages him to keep fighting...

3.5/5 overall. The arc's Decent read.
It was alright. Overall I was disapointed ,but I think that atleast part of that is due to the high quality of DD and Punisher materials we've been getting for the past few years. We've got writers that are so deeply into these characters heads that a meerly good story doesn't seem to cut it. I think thats a good thing.:D

Baxter said:
It was alright. Overall I was disapointed ,but I think that atleast part of that is due to the high quality of DD and Punisher materials we've been getting for the past few years. We've got writers that are so deeply into these characters heads that a meerly good story doesn't seem to cut it. I think thats a good thing.:D
Sort of agree. This seems like it was just for the heck of it kind've deal. It could've been far worse though.

i prefer a relatively unknown hero's style: the crippler.

no matter what the crime is, he cripples you in some way. for minor crimes, it's usually crippling a vestigial organ or body part. one time i saw him rip off a jay-walkers pinkie toe.

for major crimes, he actually cripples people. he believes in the sanctitiy of life, yet still doesn't take **** from no one.

Latest posts

Back