Dark Horse Solicts for November (Read it damnit!)

Friday

They can be found HERE

KELLOGSBEAR.jpg
The horror.... the horror....

MICHAEL CHABON PRESENTS THE AMAZING ADVENTURES OF THE ESCAPIST #8

BRIAN K. VAUGHAN (W), HARVEY PEKAR (W), JEFF PARKER (W/A), ANDI WATSON (W/A), PHILIP BOND (A), DEAN HASPIEL (A), EDUARDO BARRETO (A), and BRIAN BOLLAND (Cover)

On sale November 9, FC, 80pg, 7" x 10", $8.95

From off the streets of Cleveland comes fan-favorite writer Brian K. Vaughan (Y: The Last Man, Ex Machina, Runaways) and critically acclaimed artists Philip Bond (Vinarama, Vertigo Pop) and Eduardo Barreto (Mr. Machine Gunl) to kick off the anthology's first multi-part story! Meet Maxwell Roth and Case Weaver, latter-day versions of Joe Kavalier and Sam Clay, as they set out to make the Master of Elusion a sensation once again in "The Escapists"!

Next, on his way home from an extended stay at a Cleveland hospital, our man Harvey Pekar encounters…The Escapist?! The team-up you thought you'd never see, illustrated by Dean Haspiel (The Quitter). Also in this issue, award-winning creator Andi Watson (Skeleton Key, Geisha) and Eisner Award nominated Jeff Parker (The Interman)!

With cover art by Brian Bolland, you won't want to miss this eclectic eighth installment of the multiple award-winning quarterly anthology!

• Harvey Award and Eisner Award-winner, Best Anthology!
• Harvey Award-winner, Best New Series!
Come on guys, Brain K Vaughan, thow Harveys, and PEKAR! You've got to atleast try it out. I know I will.

PENNY ARCADE VOLUME 1: ATTACK OF THE BACON ROBOTS! TPB

JERRY HOLKINS (W) and MIKE KRAHULIK (A)

On sale January 25, SC, 120pg, FC, 7" x 9", $12.95

Get your geek on.

Penny Arcade, the comic strip for gamers, by gamers is now available in comic shops and bookstores everywhere. Not familiar with Penny Arcade? What? It's only the most popular comic strip on the web. It's just the funniest, most twisted comic that ever lampooned gamer culture, and takes shots at everything from Star Wars to Steve Jobs.

Experience the joy of being a hardcore gamer as expressed in vignettes of random vulgarity and mindless violence! Get online and direct your browser to penny-arcade.com, check out the latest strips, then, to read Penny Arcade from the very beginning, get the first collection, Attack of the Bacon Robots!, which includes strips, sketches, and creator commentary not available anywhere else!
Now, I'm not a big Penny Arcade fan, I prefer Control Alt Delete myself, but the idea of commentary intrigues me. chance of ordering 50%

THE PERHAPANAUTS #1 (of 4)

TODD DEZAGO (W) and CRAIG ROUSSEAU (A)

On sale November 23, FC, 32pg, $2.99

There are places in this world where the fabric of reality has worn thin, where creatures from other realms and bizarre beings from other dimensions slip through, horrible in their difference striking terror into the hearts of those unfortunate few who glimpse them and threatening to drive them mad!

There is an organization hidden from this world which has taken upon itself the responsibility to confront these creatures, one whose agents are adept at turning them back from whence they came and repairing the rips and tears in our reality. The organization is called BEDLAM. The agents are called...The PERHAPANAUTS.

It's Bigfoot, ghosts, aliens, faeries, and chupacabras ... and they're on OUR side!

Todd Dezago (Sensational Spider-Man, Impulse, Tellos) and Craig Rousseau (Impulse, Batman Beyond, Ruule: Kiss and Tell) sat around for a LONG time thinkin' this crazy stuff up, so you oughta buy it ... okay? Okay.
Sounds like Hellboy-Lite. Probably a good intro to Dark Horse's wierder offerings though.

STAR WARS: THE COMICS COMPANION TPB

RYDER WINDHAM (W), DANIEL WALLACE (W), and TSUNEO SANDA (A)

On sale December 28, SC, 144pg, FC, 9" x 12", $16.95

Dark Horse presents the definitive guide to Star Wars comics, complete with in-depth coverage all the way through Episode III! Written by Ryder Windham, Star Wars expert, and densely illustrated with both brand-new art and classic images from the comics, this chronological compendium contains everything you need to be the ultimate Star Wars reader in-the-know. Follow Anakin Skywalker's descent into darkness, from his early days as a Padawan, to his harrowing Clone Wars battles, up through his transformation and eventual death as Darth Vader. Get complete details on the exploits of Luke and Leia, Han and Chewie, and all the rest of the gang, with thorough rundowns of classic Star Wars tales originally printed decades ago! Spanning over 25,000 years of Star Wars history, from the very beginnings of the Jedi order, no character goes unmentioned and no quadrant goes unmapped.

• This clear and complete handbook covers everything from Dark Empire to Episode III—the bible for any serious Star Wars comics reader, and anyone looking to become one!
This is all you E.

And lets get some replies this time guys! Theres some cool stuff in here, not as much as last month, but come on, Chupacabras, Star Wars, and a GIANT SUGER POP PETE!

Wow, good stuff, Baxter. I can't beleive it, 4 Conan items this month. I'm going to be so broke. I'd recommend you guys start picking up Conan. Busiek is about to adapt "Tower of The Elephant", one of the best Conan stories of all time. Plus the covers for the adaption are awesome.

Also, I've been wanting to try Blade of the Immortal. But my comic shop won't allow be to buy it. Is it any good?

Ultxon said:
Wow, good stuff, Baxter. I can't beleive it, 4 Conan items this month. I'm going to be so broke. I'd recommend you guys start picking up Conan. Busiek is about to adapt "Tower of The Elephant", one of the best Conan stories of all time. Plus the covers for the adaption are awesome.

Also, I've been wanting to try Blade of the Immortal. But my comic shop won't allow be to buy it. Is it any good?
I've never read Blade, as I've got enough projects to pursie without going for 15 volume long mangas taht aren't Patlabor related. As for Conan, It's on the eventual list, but I can never find the room to squeek it in there with things like more classic Wildstorm or newer Vertigo.

Latest posts

Back