Dark Lord Battle! Darth Vader Vs. Voldemort!

Who would win?

• Vader

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Voldy

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Wait...seriously?

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Eh. Voldemort is probably the most two dimensional character ever. He's a good villain, though, for precisely that reason.

I think he's a good villain in that he's distilled evil, which is similar to what you're getting at, but I don't think he's two-dimensional at all.

Yeah, what even was his actual plan in Book 7?
What was he going to do after he killed Harry?

The same stuff he was already doing. He'd already won, for the most part. He'd taken over both Hogwarts and the British Ministry of Magic. Harry was just one last, final threat to him that he wanted to wipe out. After getting that out of the way, one can naturally assume he'd continue using the Ministry and Hogwarts to do his dark bidding, and eventually spread out across Europe, taking over the other Ministries and using them to do the same things(target Muggle-borns, attack Muggles, etc).

Voldemort MOPS THE ****ING FLOOR with Vader, both as a character, as a villain, and in a physical fight.

Vader is far, far cooler than anything the Hairy Porter universe has to offer. He would give Vold a force enema the size of Spain. Followed by a lightsabre anal probe.

Neither would work. I know this as somebody who actually has a thourough knowledge of both characters.

Voldemort has ALL of Darth Vader's powers(seriously, list 'em, Voldemort has the equilvelent of every single one), plus hundreds more if you count every spell. Vader can't breath without a machine, and can't use Force Lightning because all his limbs are robotic. In fact, Vader would probably be killed if he even came near Voldemort, because the amount of magic he gives off makes computers go haywire(Hermione points out the same thing about Hogwarts in the first book).

Say what you want about the actual characters, but in a physical fight, there is no contest at all.

These debates are dumb anyway, but in a case this blatantly one-sided, I have to say my piece.

[/geek]*

*this tag is a lie

But since people use the full powered Voldemort not the weaker version it would be fair to Vader in Episode 3 before he was burnt , There fore he wouldn't need the machine to live.

Also Vader has used Force lightning in the EU "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" and in Video games.

Plus I still say one on one Force choke with how quickly it can kill some would kill Voldemort. So he could easily get close enough and use his force powers well.

I agree this is blatantly one-sided but in Vaders favour

and I'm done

Last edited:
But since people use the full powered Voldemort not the weaker version it would be fair to Vader in Episode 3 before he was burnt , There fore he wouldn't need the machine to live.

Also Vader has used Force lightning in the EU "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" and in Video games.

Plus I still say one on one Force choke with how quickly it can kill some would kill Voldemort. So he could easily get close enough and use his force powers well.

Two words: Avada. Kedavra.

Last edited:

Fine. Full powered Voldemort vs. full powered Anakin.

Voldemort still wins, because like I said, he has all of Vader's powers, plus countless more.

I agree this is blatantly one-sided but in Vaders favour

and I'm done

So force choke, which takes, let's say 1 and a half seconds to kill somebody, vs Avada Kedavra, which takes the amount of time it takes to think the words.

Voldemort can also teleport at will, and a million other powers.

It's math. He wins. And I'm not even playing the Horcrux card, which ANYONE will agree ends the argument with no fight(literally.... no fight. At all. They could never be aware of each others existences and Voldemort would outlive Vader).

Edit: We are teh geeks.:)

Last edited:
Vader is cooler than Voldemort, because at the end of the day, he has more dimensions, and is a very interesting, sympathetic character, with perhaps one of the greatest LOOKS for a villain in Movie or Comic Book history.

But Voldemort would DEFINITELY win a battle.

One Spell to shut down all the mechanics in Vader and he'd be dead in five minutes.

Latest posts

Back