Daughters of the Dragon

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
Has anyone read this series? I originally decided to check it out based on the cover of #2. Just a white girl in the "Word" or "Fresh" pose just seemed hilarious to me.

dod28pq.jpg

..............and yes that is Misty Knight. :rockon:

But cover aside....it's flippin awesome!!! It's so cheesy that you can't help but love it. Guns and swords, girls in full body suits, a touch of 70's flare ala Foxy Brown/Coffee......but in current times.

I love it!!!! And it's only 2 issues in.....easy enough to catch up.

Here's what IGN Comics said about it---take it for what you will:

IGN Comics on Issue#1 said:
I'll be honest, were it not such a light week, there's no way I would have picked this book up. Come on... Daughters of the Dragon? It hardly seems like a series in need of a revival. And yet, despite my reservations, I really enjoyed this first issue and will definitely give #2 a shot. Khari Evans' art is a perfect compliment to this over-the-top tale of two bounty hunters with a flare for taking down super-villains. The sexy duo looks like they forgot the '70s ended long before Ashton Kutcher hit the airwaves and the villains they face look like their waiting for a casting call from The Tick. How could you not love this book?

IGN Comics on Issue#2 said:
The frivolity of the first issue is largely absent this time around, which is a shame. Though you won't be balling from moments of drama, you won't be laughing out loud much either. Still, Palmiotti & Gray keep it lively and fun. This feels like the Marvel version of Starsky & Hutch (the movie, not the TV show). That being, there's a delicious '70s aura dropped in the midst of the 21st century. Khari Evans' art is a big contributor to this. For a young talent, Khari has found the perfect fit in terms of style. If curvaceous babes, big afros or blockbuster action scenes give you a natural high, this is the book you want to check out. It's not quite as fresh as the first issue, but it's certainly got spunk.

The cover to #3 looks good, as in a McNiven one.

Yeah....#3 and 4 looks awesome!!!

Seriously people..........it won't be the greatest book you'll ever read....but it'll be one of the most entertaining.

I need to pick this up. Just haven't gotten to it yet. But, it looks cool.

S!

Oh...my...god....

This is one of my favorite books from marvel right now (NextWave and the Ennis Ghost Rider Mini). I love the characterizations, the story, and oh my god..the art.

Damn......the third issue was amazing!!! This has officially gone into #2 of my Top 10 Favorites!!!

Khari Evans's art is soooooooo sexy. There isn't a single frame where these girls aren't striking some of the sexiest poses. It's so good that it's almost kinky.... :oops: Not to mention the lesbian insinuations.

The art is the best thing about this book. The action is fast and hard-hitting.

But that's not to say the book is lacking in writing either. What is presented to you is a smart, entertaining detective story too. It's just great all around. By all means---this book should not be as great as it is. But luckily...it is.

WHY AREN'T YOU READING THIS?!?!?! :D

Victor Von Doom said:
WHY AREN'T YOU READING THIS?!?!?! :D
Word, Why aren't you guys reading this? I've been checking this mini since the firts issue. I ran across it and the art was so umm, well I liked the cover so much that I bought it. I agree with Vic, the art is very sexual, and... well that's all I'm going to say about that but I do like this book and I will collect it till the last one. Also, because of this book Misty Knight has been transformed into the hottest chick in the Marvel U. Period.

P.S. The elevator scene was hilarious.

Last edited:
Synch said:
Misty Knight has been transformed into the hottest chick in the Marvel U. Period.

If not the baddest.

Synch said:
P.S. The elevator scene was hilarious.

It took me a minute to figure out what was going on in the elevator with that last panel....but I got it.

Seriously people....it's good. I mean a "guilty pleasure fun" good...not "The Ultimates" good.

I'm only saddened by the fact that this is only a mini-series. I wish (and hope) this was an ongoing.

Victor Von Doom said:
It took me a minute to figure out what was going on in the elevator with that last panel....but I got it.
Yea me too.
Victor Von Doom said:
I'm only saddened by the fact that this is only a mini-series. I wish (and hope) this was an ongoing.
Exactly, after the first one I thought, "wow, this is pretty good this might be my new pick." Then I found out it was a mini and was really disappointed. However if it was an ongoing they would have to keep the artist or at least maintain it with one of equal caliber, because I think the art is big part of the draw in this series. Kind of like Fathom. I read that sometimes, and I really have no idea what's going on....

but it's so pretty.

IGN has posted an article on "Daughter of the Dragon" with it's creators.

Link

He hints at the possibility of DoD becoming an ongoing in the main Marvel universe. :rockon:

IGN said:
You've seen it on the shelf, but probably thought to yourself, "There is no way Daughters of the Dragon could be any good." Guess what? You're an idiot. Oh, and you're also wrong on this one to boot.

Word to Big Bird!!!!

Last edited:
You should definitely peak. Anyway, did anyone check this latest one
where the rich blonde chops off misty's arm.
That caught me way off guard
that she was paralyzed. And then she started crying
, wow. This series is one of the best drawn books out. At the end they made it look like Misty and
Moon
had a thing maybe
they are more than friends
? Did anybody else see that?

Synch from another thread said:
Wow, Kerry Washington is a good pick man, I'm mad I didn't suggest her. But still Jill Jones has bigger, well you know. So I'm sticking with my pick, mostly, Kerry would be great too though. Also, how about a daughters of the dragon movie? Sorry about the off-topic-ness. Since me and Vic are the only ones that read one of the best books marvel has out right now.

Man....I'd love a movie for this!!! As corny as it sounds...I'd love for either McG or Tarantino to do this film.

Who would you cast as Colleen?

Synch said:
You should definitely peak. Anyway, did anyone check this latest one
where the rich blonde chops off misty's arm.
That caught me way off guard
that she was paralyzed. And then she started crying
, wow. This series is one of the best drawn books out. At the end they made it look like Misty and
Moon
had a thing maybe
they are more than friends
? Did anybody else see that?

Yeah...I'm actually disappointed in myself for not posting here for issue 3 or 4.

#4's tone totally took me for suprise with it's tone. Real dark and somber. But now that Misty's got her arm and its made outta vibranium....it's time for the damage to start.

Ricadonna was stone cold though.

Yea Ricadonna was a BEAST. When she cut that arm off, that was on point. Yea, a tarantino DoD would be priceless. So for Colleen, I can't think of anybody that comes too mind, so it would probably have to be... Oh yea, I got one how about that girl from crouching tiger, the jade tiger? I think. I can't remember her name. The one who jumps off the cliff at the end. It's tough with colleen because she's so intimidating.

So who's the white dude misty left the bar with?

So issue #5 comes out this week.....

While its only a mini---I encourage everyone to read this!!! You cannot go wrong with it. It really is one of the most entertaining comic I'm reading right now.

I just read #6 and I am so sad this mini had to end. Hands down one of the most entertaining things I've read in a long time. Hell...I like this better than Brubaker's Daredevil or Capt America. Genius and all......but this is just awesomeness at it's finest.

Palmiotti's writing was only enhanced by Evan's sexy art. I mean sexxxxy. I feel so dirty just for reading it. :lol:

I can only take solice in knowing that Misty and Colleen will be back in the ongoing "Heroes For Hire". Either way....this mini is just begging to be made into a movie. I recommend this in trade to everyone!!!!!

I read the first 4 issues.

This is so fablous. The art is really slick and sexy. Collen Wing is one of my new favorite characters.

It's funny as hell. I loved the office scene. I am so ordering the trade now.

thee great one said:
I read the first 4 issues.

This is so fablous. The art is really slick and sexy. Collen Wing is one of my new favorite characters.

It's funny as hell. I loved the office scene. I am so ordering the trade now.

:rockon:

........and yeah--I'm looking into "Planetary" and "Authority". :wink:

Latest posts

Back