DC Comics storms the film world

Green Lantern: The only real big name character movie in serious development at the moment. Ryan Reynolds has been cast as Hal Jordan with the movie having a full crew and casting is underway. This movie will be a hit much like Iron Man and will hit theatres in summer 2011.

Whew! I'm glad that works out!

Last edited:
Whew! I'm glad that works out!

See, and everyone was worried about Reynolds. All that worrying for nothing!

I just read that link (I scanned over it the first time), and it looks kinda dubious as to its validity. so take of it what you will.

Last edited:
I wish they would stop trying to set all the characters up for a team movie and just focus on them in separate continuities so they can have their own iconic films. I mean, WW and GL deserve their own continuities like Batman, don't they? They haven't even gotten a chance to star in their own feature films.

Last edited:
This past fall, Warners quietly hired three of DC's biggest writers -- Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison and Marv Wolfman -- to act as consultants and writers for its superhero line of movies. The move involved taking back the reins on projects being handled by such producers as Charles Roven ("The Flash") and Akiva Goldsman ("Teen Titans").
They're still working on a Teen Titans movie? I love the Titans, but I think it might be hard to pull off. Half of the characters are sidekicks to heroes that haven't even had their own movies yet (Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Speedy, Robin/Nightwing (well there have been Batman movies, but Robin hasn't appeared except in the Shumaker stories). The others are sort of unbelievable characters with strange back stories (Starfire, Raven, Changeling, Cyborg, Jericho, etc).

If they do this they shouldn't try to tie it into the other movies' continuity.

I'd still like to see a Judas Contract DTV!

I'm so glad that they told us about its success in advance. Stops me from having to watch it.

:lol::lol:

They're still working on a Teen Titans movie? I love the Titans, but I think it might be hard to pull off. Half of the characters are sidekicks to heroes that haven't even had their own movies yet (Kid Flash, Wonder Girl, Speedy, Robin/Nightwing (well there have been Batman movies, but Robin hasn't appeared except in the Shumaker stories). The others are sort of unbelievable characters with strange back stories (Starfire, Raven, Changeling, Cyborg, Jericho, etc).

If they do this they shouldn't try to tie it into the other movies' continuity.

I'd still like to see a Judas Contract DTV!

DC's getting Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison and Marv Wolfman to act as consultants/writers for their movies? And Marvel Studios hired friggin' Bendis?

The article doesn't excite me at all. I mean how often in the last ten years have we heard "they're working on a Flash movie" or "Wonder Woman" If you look back at an article for seven years ago I bet it would have predicted all these movies would have been out by now.

And I agree each character should get their own movie, but I still want to see a JL movie with all of them. Doesn't mean to go overboard on cross over in the lead up movies, just leave the possibility open

The article doesn't excite me at all. I mean how often in the last ten years have we heard "they're working on a Flash movie" or "Wonder Woman" If you look back at an article for seven years ago I bet it would have predicted all these movies would have been out by now.

And I agree each character should get their own movie, but I still want to see a JL movie with all of them. Doesn't mean to go overboard on cross over in the lead up movies, just leave the possibility open

I think it shows that they're starting to take this stuff seriously. And that they want talented people that know the characters involved. It makes sense that after all the success that Marvel has had that DC would want to get in the game.

I agree that they should focus on the indiviual properties though...and simply leave the door open for a JL movie if it ever becomes viable.

Latest posts

Back