DC Extended Universe / DC Universe - Timeline

I know it's a random tweet but since Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 are pre-Gunn era, maybe the movies take place before The Flash so they are still DCEU?
Because in the video, James Gunn said that the Superman movie will be the "true beginning of the DCU" o_O

I am so confused right know

I am so confused right know
Like Pro Bot said, The Flash resets the universe and it is a soft reboot like the Arrowverse's Crisis.

Sorry I spread misinformation lol:

So The Flash (June 16, 2023) is the reboot of the DCEU, and technically Blue Beetle (August 18, 2023) is the first DCU movie, and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (December 25, 2023) will be the second DCU movie, but with some of the first events of the first movie altered.

But Gunn said that the proper start of the DCU will be Superman: Legacy in 2025.

Last edited:
Like Pro Bot said, The Flash resets the universe and it is a soft reboot like the Arrowverse's Crisis.

But we don't know if the remaining 2 movies Blue Beetle and Aquaman 2 will be officially part of the new DCU, because James Gunn said that the proper start of the DCU is in 2025 with Superman: Legacy?

In my opinion I think that these movies will be released after The Flash, but they are pre-Gunn so they will be still in the old DCEU o_O
Yeah, to be honest I think I understand but don't want this. If they think the universe is getting out of hand and needs a reboot, then why make an in-universe reboot like a Crisis or Flashpoint? Wouldn't be more "clean" to just start a new cinematic universe from scratch instead of maintaining a connection with the old one?

Reactions: Dok
But there's a problem with that, no?
There is Batfleck in Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom and we know that Batman will be recasted in the DCU o_O

But there's a problem with that, no?
There is Batfleck in Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom and we know that Batman will be recasted in the DCU o_O
I am just going to wait and watch The Flash and see how things unfold because only James Gunn knows what he is thinking

Yeah, to be honest I think I understand but don't want this. If they think the universe is getting out of hand and needs a reboot, then why make an in-universe reboot like a Crisis or Flashpoint? Wouldn't be more "clean" to just start a new cinematic universe from scratch instead of maintaining a connection with the old one?
Sorry I just found another tweet with official statement so I edited hah
I assume that they're doing it since some movies worked well in box-office, especially Aquaman.

And some actors are very appreciated in the fandom, so they will probably not be recasted

(I just don't understand why Ezra Miller but anyway aha. Maybe Ezra must be an excellent Flash in an excellent Flash movie, and it's stronger that all the allegations against Ezra Miller haha)

Sorry I just found another tweet with official statement so I edited hah
I assume that they're doing it since some movies worked well in box-office, especially Aquaman.

And some actors are very appreciated in the fandom, so they will probably not be recasted

(I just don't understand why Ezra Miller but anyway aha. Maybe Ezra must be an excellent Flash in an excellent Flash movie, and it's stronger that all the allegations against Ezra Miller haha)

Yes, I don't understand why Ezra Miller is OK but not Henry Cavill but anyways...

So, when does the next DCEU/DCU movie get released?
I am asking because there are so many big dramas in this shared universe that I just wait until the movies came out and don't trust anything pre-release knowing that they are just going to change everything in the last minute
So from what I understood:

DCEU
- Shazam! Fury of Gods (March 17, 2023): DCEU no. 12
- The Flash (June 16, 2023): DCEU no. 13 [resets DCU]

DCU
"DCU Chapter 0"
(name not official)
- Blue Beetle (August 18, 2023): DCU no. 1
- Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (December 25, 2023): DCU no. 2 [some events of Aquaman (2018) have been altered, and the Batfleck cameo was probably removed]

DCU Chapter 1: Gods and Monsters
- Superman: Legacy (July 11, 2015): DCU no. 3 [Official start of the Chapter 1]

So Jason Momoa will still be Aquaman; and Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman, Zachary Levi's Shazam and Ezra Miller's Flash will potentially stay; while Superman and Batman will be recasted without Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck.

I'm wondering if Sasha Calle will still be Supergirl in Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow?

Last edited:
So from what I understood:

DCEU
- Shazam! Fury of Gods (March 17, 2023): DCEU no. 12
- The Flash (June 16, 2023): DCEU no. 13 [resets DCU]

DCU
"DCU Chapter 0"
(name not official)
- Blue Beetle (August 18, 2023): DCU no. 1
- Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom (December 25, 2023): DCU no. 2 [some events of Aquaman (2018) have been altered, and the Batfleck cameo was probably removed]

DCU Chapter 1: Gods and Monsters
- Superman: Legacy (July 11, 2015): DCU no. 3 [Official start of the Chapter 1]

So Jason Momoa will still be Aquaman; and Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman, Zachary Levi's Shazam and Ezra Miller's Flash will potentially stay; while Superman and Batman will be recasted without Henry Cavill and Ben Affleck.

I'm wondering if Sasha Calle will still be Supergirl in Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow?
Maybe is like in the DCAMU and Flashpoint Paradox: Barry changes the timeline in Flashpoint and Aquaman 2 and Blue Bettle are after Flash but the Superman movie would be the first chronological movie in the new universe that happens before The Flash in the new timeline before Barry Pre-Flashpoint counciesness arrives from the past like with Justice League War in the DCAMU.

• Wow
It might be possible that it'll essentially be the exact same as the DCEU with minor alterations. For example, Batman and Superman look different, but the events of Man of Steel somewhat occurs in the timeline, and Batman v Superman still happens with Luthor setting up a slightly younger Batman into fighting a younger Superman, but Dick Grayson didn't die in this timeline. Batman didn't kill anyone. Justice League happened still.

I also think it would be cool if Swamp Thing was used to bring Constantine into the DCU. Keanu or otherwise, it would be a nice way to build into a Justice League Dark movie.

Edit: There's already whispers of Keanu in the DCU happening, lol. We'll see, could still be Elseworlds. The Hollywood Reporter didn't mention it as part of the Elseworlds films though.

Last edited:
"Superman was sent to Earth and he was raised by incredibly loving parents whereas Kara was in a piece of Krypton that was drifting away from the planet and lived there for the first 14 years of her life [in] a horrible situation in which she watched everyone around her die. So she's a much harsher and more f***ed up Supergirl."
Sounds consistent with her backstory given in the Man of Steel prequel comic. I literally think the most major changes are 1.) Clark becomes Superman much earlier than 2013 (approx. 1998-2001) 2.) The Justice League's timeline changed to the point where the "Snyderverse" events (Man of Steel, BvS and JL) never happened. 3.) Bruce Wayne might be older (but not Michael Keaton I imagine). And 4.) Any recastings will be a result of The Flash movie potentially merging Earths.

"Piece of Krypton" could also mean Argo City but the line about everyone dying around her doesn't align with that prospect...so who knows what "piece" means here.

In websites and wikis, they talk about the "final installment in the DCEU" for Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom...
So even if Blue Beetle and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom take place after The Flash, fit in the rebooted timeline so are canon in the DCU timeline, they are still considered DCEU movies?

Last edited:
In websites and wikis, they talk about the "final installment in the DCEU" for Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom...
So even if Blue Beetle and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom take place after The Flash, fit in the rebooted timeline so are canon in the DCU timeline, they are still considered DCEU movies?
What does the DCEU stand far? DC EXTENDED Universe. Not Elseworlds exactly more or less and extension that is mostly canon and other parts malleable/erased due to timeline changes.
Remove the "E", you get a fully fledged DC Universe. This isn't the end of the previous one, it's just a new beginning. Literally.

DCU Rumours
So... what's everyone's thoughts on George Clooney Batman? Every leaker seems to think that he's in the new ending to The Flash, potentially even being the DCU Batman... and James Gunn STILL hasn't debunked this yet.

He's a good actor, but that's just... weird. I wonder if it's just a cameo and somehow it all got lost in translation? Can't believe Grace Randolph of all people might be right, lol. I wouldn't believe it if other people weren't saying the same thing now. I hope for a new Batman. If not, I'll give him a chance.

Edit: Oh thank god. Probably just a cameo. Grace continues to look like a clown as usual.

Last edited:
DCU Rumours
So... what's everyone's thoughts on George Clooney Batman? Every leaker seems to think that he's in the new ending to The Flash, potentially even being the DCU Batman... and James Gunn STILL hasn't debunked this yet.

He's a good actor, but that's just... weird. I wonder if it's just a cameo and somehow it all got lost in translation? Can't believe Grace Randolph of all people might be right, lol. I wouldn't believe it if other people weren't saying the same thing now. I hope for a new Batman. If not, I'll give him a chance.

Edit: Oh thank god. Probably just a cameo. Grace continues to look like a clown as usual.

James Gunn said it's someone new.
My hope is Dylan McDermott
e-of-these-actors-as-batman-in-an-v0-j90k3ow3do8a1.png

Latest posts

Back