DC Post-Convergence

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
DC Reveals Major Changes, New Direction For Comic Book Line

"Beginning in June, DC Entertainment is de-emphasizing continuity and scrapping the "New 52" branding of its superhero comics line, as the publisher launches a "bold new direction for the DC Universe" and a slew of new titles it's calling "inclusive," "contemporary," and "accessible."

And to clarify: Although DC is no longer using the "New 52" moniker, the 2011-launched, rebooted DC universe is apparently sticking around — just with less emphasis on the new universe's continuity, and more emphasis on diversifying the line.
"

DC Reveals Major Changes, New Direction For Comic Book Line

"Beginning in June, DC Entertainment is de-emphasizing continuity and scrapping the "New 52" branding of its superhero comics line, as the publisher launches a "bold new direction for the DC Universe" and a slew of new titles it's calling "inclusive," "contemporary," and "accessible."

And to clarify: Although DC is no longer using the "New 52" moniker, the 2011-launched, rebooted DC universe is apparently sticking around — just with less emphasis on the new universe's continuity, and more emphasis on diversifying the line.
"

WTF DC? Wasn't that the entire point of the New 52 (albeit it largely failed since you didn't want to reboot the universe entirely, only the lesser known characters and Superman)?

My God, what an absolute joke.

It will be nice to be able to try some new and interesting DC comics again. I hope they are of a higher quality than the last revamp though.

They're acting like they were super focused on continuity and not diversity before when, if you look at their comics, they weren't (Green Lantern being gay was a horrible choice (got rid of two minorities for a white dude) and none of the books matched up).

It will be nice to be able to try some new and interesting DC comics again. I hope they are of a higher quality than the last revamp though.

Didn't they say essentially the same things before New 52 started? It's all hype.

DC are getting ridiculous with their reboots. This will be, what, the fifth reboot since 1986? And it'll be the third in the last 9 years (Infinite Crisis in 2006, New 52 in 2011, and this one in 2015).

Apparently the DC universe only has a 4-5 year shelf life before needing to be rebooted.

Didn't they say essentially the same things before New 52 started? It's all hype.

DC are getting ridiculous with their reboots. This will be, what, the fifth reboot since 1986? And it'll be the third in the last 9 years (Infinite Crisis in 2006, New 52 in 2011, and this one in 2015).

Apparently the DC universe only has a 4-5 year shelf life before needing to be rebooted.

It's not a reboot.

It's not a reboot.

Yeah, read this part again:

"And to clarify: Although DC is no longer using the "New 52" moniker, the 2011-launched, rebooted DC universe is apparently sticking around — just with less emphasis on the new universe's continuity, and more emphasis on diversifying the line.""

It's not a reboot.

Yeah, read this part again:

"And to clarify: Although DC is no longer using the "New 52" moniker, the 2011-launched, rebooted DC universe is apparently sticking around — just with less emphasis on the new universe's continuity, and more emphasis on diversifying the line.""

Yeah I know that now. I misinterpreted the headline I saw on this article (didn't have a chance to read it until later):

http://www.newsarama.com/23362-post...uo-no-one-has-done-in-75-years-of-batman.html

Between the Convergence story signaling a change of approach and the "new status quo" I misinterpreted it. I was admittedly a bit under the influence so I'm going to blame it on that. My mistake.

Yeah I know that now. I misinterpreted the headline I saw on this article (didn't have a chance to read it until later):

http://www.newsarama.com/23362-post...uo-no-one-has-done-in-75-years-of-batman.html

Between the Convergence story signaling a change of approach and the "new status quo" I misinterpreted it. I was admittedly a bit under the influence so I'm going to blame it on that. My mistake.
Everybody reporting the news pretty much has the same headline, which is completely misleading, then in the article actually say otherwise. The biggest click-bait I've seen in a while.

The writers don't look any better.

I think it's the most interesting line-up I may have ever seen from DC or Marvel.

They won't all be hits, but it's nice to see them trying new things, and the approach to continuity being "Whatever works sticks around and what doesn't doesn't", if it works the way Didio said (and I doubt it), sounds refreshing.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back