DC Solicits for Sept

Friday

Can be found here: http://brokenfrontier.com/headlines/details.php?id=649

Some items I find extremly intresting are

ALL STAR BATMAN AND ROBIN, THE BOY WONDER #2
Written by Frank Miller
Art and cover by Jim Lee & Scott Williams

Acclaimed writer Frank Miller (THE DARK KNIGHTS RETURNS) and artists Jim Lee & Scott Williams (BATMAN: HUSH) are back for the second thrilling installment of the year's most anticipated comics event! And this stellar creative team has brought its "A" game to this imaginative new interpretation of the origin of these celebrated comic-book icons!
After witnessing his parents' brutal deaths, **** Grayson's life is seemingly destroyed. But Batman whisks the young lad into his care and promises him something Bruce never had: retribution.
On sale Sept 14 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
September 14th? That fits with the every 6 weeks shipping I've been hearing, assuming it ships at the end of July.

SHAZAM/SUPERMAN: FIRST THUNDER #1
Written by Judd Winick
Art and cover by Josh Middleton

Witness the first meeting of The Last Son of Krypton and Earth's Mightiest Mortal in this thrilling 4-issue miniseries written by Judd Winick (SUPERMAN: "Lightning Strikes," OUTSIDERS) with art by Josh Middleton (Nyx, New Mutants)! While Superman must stop members of a cult from stealing an ancient artifact from the Metropolis Natural History Museum, Captain Marvel must defeat giant robots rampaging through Fawcett City. When the same cult attempts to steal an artifact from a Fawcett City Museum, Superman drops by to lend a hand, and teams up with Captain Marvel against an all-new threat!
On sale Sept 8 • 1 of 4 • 40 pg, FC, $3.50 US Edited by Mike Carlin
Good to see Captain Marvel up and about.

CRISIS ON INFINITE EARTHS: THE ABSOLUTE EDITION HC
I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this.I want this .I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this. I want this.
Advance-solicited; on sale November 16 • Oversized, slipcased hardcover • 464 pg, FC, $99.99 US
I can't afford this. :(

GREEN LANTERN CORPS: RECHARGE #1
Written by Geoff Johns & Dave Gibbons
Art and cover by Patrick Gleason & Christian Alamy

Get ready for a new 5-issue miniseries springing from the pages of GREEN LANTERN: REBIRTH! Written by Geoff Johns (GREEN LANTERN, TEEN TITANS) & Dave Gibbons (RANN-THANAGAR WAR, THE ORIGINALS) with art by Patrick Gleason & Christian Alamy (AQUAMAN), Recharge kicks off with an extra-sized debut issue!

For too long, the light of the Green Lantern Corps has been absent from the cosmos. Now, as darkness and chaos descend upon space, it is time for the Guardians of the Universe to revive the Corps' proud heritage, to recruit new servants to their cause and to recharge the mighty power that once they wielded.

Their lives still reeling from the epic battle with Parallax, veteran GLs Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner and Kilowog lead a new generation of Lanterns into galaxy-spanning action. As old foes plot the downfall of Oa itself, the Green Lantern Corps must first fight to unite its own ranks.
On sale Sept 21 • 1 of 5 • 40 pg, FC, $3.50 US Edited by Peter Tomasi
Mmmmm... corp.....

JACK CROSS #2
Written by Warren Ellis
Art and cover by Gary Erskine

The action-filled new series by Warren Ellis & Gary Erskine continues! Jack Cross is called into action only for a good cause…and this good cause is a missing weapon of mass destruction hundreds of times more terrifying than any nuclear device. Jack flies to Guantanamo Bay to question the one woman who can lead him to it - but will he be in time?
On sale Sept 28 • 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US
Seems like pretty standard Ellis stuff, but that only means that its better than about 80% of whats out there.

THE SECRET OF THE SWAMP THING
Written by Len Wein
Art and cover by Berni Wrightson

A manga-sized collection featuring the classic origin and first adventures of the Swamp Thing (also collected in the full-size tpb SWAMP THING: DARK GENESIS), including the first 10 issues of the original SWAMP THING title, all by the legendary team of writer Len Wein
and artist Berni Wrightson.
On sale Sept 8 • 5" x 7.375" • 232 pg, FC, $9.99 US
Come on guys, it's 10 friggin issues for $10. You can't beat that. Not with a stick.

SEVEN SOLDIERS: MISTER MIRACLE #1
Written by Grant Morrison
Art and cover by Pasqual Ferry

Grant Morrison's amazing SEVEN SOLDIERS saga continues with a 4-part miniseries featuring art by Pasqual Ferry (ADAM STRANGE)! A young Shiloh Norman is all grown up, and now, with the help of his Mother Box - an alien computer - he has become the world's coolest escape artist, a cross between David Blaine and Puff Daddy. After a hallucinatory encounter with the being called Metron, the formerly aimless and dissatisfied Mister Miracle finds himself with a new mission in life. He now believes he has evidence of an apocalyptic cosmic war being fought through human agents on Earth! Shiloh's seen the light. He knows the score - and he may have lost his mind!
On sale Sept 21 • 1 of 4 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US
The Seven Soilders series that everyones been looking forward to the most kicks off, and it sounds like it really ramps the event into high gear.

EX MACHINA VOL. 2: TAG TP
Written by Brian K. Vaughan
Art and cover by Tony Harris & Tom Feister

The second volume of the Eisner Award-nominated series, collecting issues #6-10! What forced Mayor Hundred to make one of the most controversial decisions in the history of New York politics? Featuring an introduction by the Wachowski brothers (The Matrix) and a new cover by Tony Harris!
On sale Sept 8 •128 pg, FC, $12.99 US • MATURE READERS
Whoooooo!

A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE TP - NEW EDITION
Written by John Wagner
Art and cover by Vince Locke

A new edition of the classic graphic novel, available for the first time from VERTIGO just in time for the major motion picture starring Viggo Mortensen, Ed Harris and William Hurt! In this suspenseful noir crime story, Tom McKenna is a simple family man who instantly becomes a media celebrity when he takes down a couple of wanted murderers who attempt to rob his diner. But his newfound fame draws the attention of a group of merciless mobsters who have been looking to settle a score with McKenna for over 20 years. Now as the killers descend upon his small town in Middle America, the Brooklyn native must face the actions of his youth and relive his past history of violence as he attempts to salvage the life he has built.
Retro-solicited; on sale September 3 • 5.5" x 8" • 296 pg, B&W, $9.99 US • MATURE READERS
mmmmmmm.... Noir.......

THE QUITTER HC
Written by Harvey Pekar
Art and cover by Dean Haspiel

In this virtuoso graphic novel, Harvey Pekar - whose American Book Award-winning series American Splendor was the basis for the celebrated film of the same name - tells the story of his troubled teen years for the first time, when he would beat up any kid who looked at him wrong just to win the praise of his peers. And when he failed to impress, whether on the football team, in math class, in the Navy or on the job, he simply gave up. A true tour-de-force, THE QUITTER is the universal tale of a young man's search for himself through the frustrations, redemptions and complexities of ordinary life.

With gritty, atmospheric artwork by indie-comics luminary Dean Haspiel (American Splendor, Opposable Thumbs), THE QUITTER is both Pekar's funniest and most heart-wrenching work yet, an unforgettable graphic novel for all those, like Pekar, who have tried, failed and lived to quit another day.
Advance-solicited; on sale October 5 • 6.875" x 9" • 104 pg, B & W, $19.99 US • MATURE READERS
If you get anything off these solicits it should probably be this. Pekar has been one of the most unique voices in american comicdom for decades, and you all need to give this book a read. You won't regret it.

I'm getting

Batman 645
Supergirl 2
Batman/Superman 23
Birds Of Prey 86
Green Arrow 54
JLA 118 119
The Omac Project 6
Villain United 5
Hellblazer 212

and any of the Infinte Crisis tie-ins if I can afford it.

Latest posts

Back