DC TV Shows (Non-Arrowverse) Timelines (v2.0)

When would the soft events of V for Vendetta play out in the Gotham timeline?

Interesting how the ghoul in the black & white part in the trailer (I assume that's Purgatory) is doing the same soul sucking effect the ghouls in the Titans' show's Purgatory do to (to quote Hank/Hawk) "take them down to Hades". I guess Stargirl's Eclipso is essentially a high ranking version of that too, since the Shadowlands are essentially his section of Purgatory; all b&w as well.

So essentially you get punished more and go down another level in Hell for misbehavior or rule breaking.

EDIT: Later in the trailer you see the same Dead Boy even FALL into what looks like the River Styx (Hades) into the mauls of one of the angler fish looking "Watchers" from Doom Patrol. I'm 90% certain my theories regarding Hell's structure are correct now.

Okay, even though DBD is obviously a different timeline, there are merged elements - but it's 100% set in 2023.

So I would imagine in this Sandman timeline, the events we see happened much later than the Doom Patrol one.
Regardless, I'm not here to make headcanons about it being tied to a hypothetical "merged singular timeline" aka Sandman Universe. The point of the DC Universe(s) lore-adjacent timeline is to condense what are clearly connected lore. Hiccups here and there could just be chalked up to "happened differently and how exactly doesn't matter".

There is a weird disconnect from the biblical figures seen in Lucifer compared to the "Sandman Universe" show.
Lucifer can be explained, I don't need to go over that again. Hell's Mazikeen in Sandman is a version that split off from the Lucifer show Mazikeen, thanks to some out-of-body demon spirit splitting track John Constantine did (my guess.)

Lilith plus Cain & Abel create a conundrum unless you were to assume they're doppelgängers. (All three were created on Earth, which Earth is not specified, but a Earth; so they could have been placed on other Earths too.)

I still think Lucifer is set on like Earth-33 (post-Crisis, no longer Earth-666). Because I would think merging that with a world with Superman, Batman, etc destroys a lot of that show's narrative regarding humanity having no knowledge of the supernatural.

Also, I have very strong doubts this will get a 2nd season, even with the open-ending, because I haven't seen it pop up on Trending Now once in the past 24 hours.

It's one and done. That's a sign of "failure" to Netflix.

Latest posts

Back