DC TV Universe - Timeline

Thanks DIrishB, and you're welcome. :)

Also...this is interesting an interesting date on the newspaper.

DIbO5WOVAAAwHV1.jpg:large

Interesting... is that a prop from Season 4? If so, it apparently is either for a flashback scene set in 2011, or the show is set 6 years before current time...?

Yes it's a Season 4 prop. But I read somewhere that the creators supposedly have a six-season plan for Gotham, as hinted by the number of lights that illuminate behind each letter in the outro each season ("G O T H A M"; So far, only the last three have lighten up.)

Plus, the show runner mentioned this in an interview back in 2014:

Gotham is not set in any particular time period: Okay, this has been out there a bit, but Heller had a nice quote elaborating on the show's timeless quality: "It's a mash-up, to use the modern phrase," he said. "If today Batman exists, then this world is the past. But it's everybody's past, an 18-year-old's past and a 54-year-old's past. So in your memory, the past is all mashed up together. So in this Gotham, it's a kind of timeless world. It's yesterday, it's today, and it's tomorrow all at the same time, because that's the world that dreams live in."

"It's Yesterday, it's today..." - It's "yesterday since the show takes place in the past, and the "today" is 2014; the time of the interview and when the show premiered. (Basically, if this show is planned for six seasons, the current year, aka today, Bruce is already Batman is in 2014. Meaning this is a 2008-2014 time period the show runners are going for. [i.e. 2014 - 6 = 2008.])

Last edited:
Apparently the pennyworth tv show is unrelated to gotham... who ever decided that was a good idea (an isolated alfred universe) should get fired.

Apparently the pennyworth tv show is unrelated to gotham... who ever decided that was a good idea (an isolated alfred universe) should get fired.

I still left it there because there were audition tapes from an actor to play Alfred recently (that are not private) which had him strongly impersonating Sean Pertwee.

It's no coincidence. Because confirming they are both in-continuity with each other would give Gotham an official time period via retcon; something I'm sure Bruno Heller doesn't want to tarnish.

Last edited:
Ok. I hope it is. That would be so awesome. If not... another day, another kripton.

If it's not too much trouble could i request a timeline for Titans/Doom Patrol? It's totally cool if you aren't up for that, just think it would be cool.

If it's not too much trouble could i request a timeline for Titans/Doom Patrol? It's totally cool if you aren't up for that, just think it would be cool.

I'm not ready for that yet. I'm going to "wait and see" where they go with this continuity first.

Latest posts

Back