DC's Elseworlds titles

vintsukka

I've been reading a few DC's Elseworlds titles and some of them are really great! I just wanted to know if there's a good list of all of them on the net somewhere, because this is the best I could find and it's last updated Nov 2003. And I know at least the True Brit title has been released after that but dunno about any others.

vintsukka said:
I've been reading a few DC's Elseworlds titles and some of them are really great! I just wanted to know if there's a good list of all of them on the net somewhere, because this is the best I could find and it's last updated Nov 2003. And I know at least the True Brit title has been released after that but dunno about any others.
Well, I'm not positive, but I think that DC has more or less discontinued its elseworlds line, putting out the rare Red Son or True Brit, but otherwise letting it lay dormant. They do have things like Batman: Year 100 comingout though, so even if the Elseworlds tag is gone the ideas aren't.

Baxter said:
Well, I'm not positive, but I think that DC has more or less discontinued its elseworlds line, putting out the rare Red Son or True Brit, but otherwise letting it lay dormant. They do have things like Batman: Year 100 comingout though, so even if the Elseworlds tag is gone the ideas aren't.
Someone told me that Elseworlds was "officially discontinued" and I thought it was a stupid idea because I can't believe it'd be possible for them to have "run out of stories to tell."

What you said was a pretty good summation of the entire stgatus of Elseworlds. I think it feels more like they've wanted to stop identifying those kinds of stories as part of an 'imprint' and make Red Son and True Brit more perceivable as 'events' even if they are roughly the same thing.

Latest posts

Back