DC's future

bluebeast

Has anyone noticed that the DC Universe is more and more becoming Kingdom Come? With all of the developments in comics like JLA, JSA, 52 and others their are a lot of signs pointing out that Kingdom Come might become canon. The signs are:
Luthor's everyman program has created thousands of undeserving heroes (like in the Kingdom Come Universe).
Dr. Fate's helmet is traveling around without a host.

JLA
Arsenal has become the Red Arrow

JSA
Jakeem Thunder looks like he did in Kingdom Come.
Maxine Hunkel looks like the Kingdom Come Red Tornado.
Starman is actually the Starman from Kingdom Come.
The villain Swastika was a member of the 4th Reich.
Wildcat's son looks a lot like the WIldcat in Kingdom Come.

Has anyone noticed that the DC Universe is more and more becoming Kingdom Come? With all of the developments in comics like JLA, JSA, 52 and others their are a lot of signs pointing out that Kingdom Come might become canon. The signs are:
Luthor's everyman program has created thousands of undeserving heroes (like in the Kingdom Come Universe).
Dr. Fate's helmet is traveling around without a host.

JLA
Arsenal has become the Red Arrow

JSA
Jakeem Thunder looks like he did in Kingdom Come.
Maxine Hunkel looks like the Kingdom Come Red Tornado.
Starman is actually the Starman from Kingdom Come.
The villain Swastika was a member of the 4th Reich.
Wildcat's son looks a lot like the WIldcat in Kingdom Come.

I actually hadn't noticed this...you're right. Good observation.

I ought to be ashamed of myself...

Not to mention all the places where they've said they're intentionally moving certain characters towards the possibility of Kingdom Come.

Plus their Damien

and didnt WW3 happend in Kingdome come?

Not to mention all the places where they've said they're intentionally moving certain characters towards the possibility of Kingdom Come.

At which point they'll re-publish a "special edition" Kingdom Come hardcover, featuring an ALL-NEW painting of Blue Beetle, plus the missing "Mr Terrific jokes with his daughter about Batman being right about everything" scene, followed by the epic sequel "OYA: AKCTI!"(One Year After: After Kingdom Come, That Is!), followed by "The Clock Approches Ultimate Crisis on Infinite Multiverses", followed by "Ultimate Crisis on Infinite Multiverses", followed by "52 + 1 day: LEAP YEAR", followed by the end of life on Earth as we know it.

The above post contained spoilers.

At which point they'll re-publish a "special edition" Kingdom Come hardcover, featuring an ALL-NEW painting of Blue Beetle, plus the missing "Mr Terrific jokes with his daughter about Batman being right about everything" scene, followed by the epic sequel "OYA: AKCTI!"(One Year After: After Kingdom Come, That Is!), followed by "The Clock Approches Ultimate Crisis on Infinite Multiverses", followed by "Ultimate Crisis on Infinite Multiverses", followed by "52 + 1 day: LEAP YEAR", followed by the end of life on Earth as we know it.

The above post contained spoilers.

:lol:

Post of the Day.

Really? Wow, my second!:D

Watch out Moony, I'm hot on your trail!

pffft. It's going to take a long time to catch up to my THREE THOUSAND!

I totally agree with the Kingdom Come thing, though. I bet it's going to play a huge part in this upcoming event.

I see it becoming canon, but not of New Earth. Remember, this whole thing was to fix the glaring flaws in Hypertime. All Elseworlds will become "canon" again, and there are rumors that Vertigo will be realligned to the main DCU again. We've already seen the possible return of Monarch, and the accessing of the Bleed from the DCU. The Tangent universe's survivors are back as well. I think the DCU is really fluid right now as it leads into Act III (which is not WW3, or Countdown), I think after Act III finishes next spring, we'll see the final DCU.

I see it becoming canon, but not of New Earth. Remember, this whole thing was to fix the glaring flaws in Hypertime. All Elseworlds will become "canon" again, and there are rumors that Vertigo will be realligned to the main DCU again. We've already seen the possible return of Monarch, and the accessing of the Bleed from the DCU. The Tangent universe's survivors are back as well. I think the DCU is really fluid right now as it leads into Act III (which is not WW3, or Countdown), I think after Act III finishes next spring, we'll see the final DCU.

Now I would just love that. John Constantine lost a little when he couldn't go to Gotham.

if Constantine was a main character in Countdown or whatever the final Crisis is going to be (which better be 12 issues, a la CoIE), I would be the happiest panda that ever went to market.

if Constantine was a main character in Countdown or whatever the final Crisis is going to be (which better be 12 issues, a la CoIE), I would be the happiest panda that ever went to market.

Join the club, I miss the interactions between characters like Animal Man and Constantine with the Vertigo and DC universes, repsctively.

With Morrison, Johns and Dini being in control of the DCU, I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors were true.

Join the club, I miss the interactions between characters like Animal Man and Constantine with the Vertigo and DC universes, repsctively.

With Morrison, Johns and Dini being in control of the DCU, I wouldn't be surprised if the rumors were true.

Well there was the Swamp Thing name check in Face the Face.

Ideally, I'd like to see the Vertigo characters appear back in the mainstream DCU, but the Vertigo writers get to keep writing their Vertigo series' in their own continuity, so they don't have to worry about ****ing up the mainstream DCU. Then again, if they pull the Vertigo books back into the mainstream DCU, they exist so much in their own little worlds that they can pretty much do whatever they want and not worry about ****ing up the DCU.

;) OTOH, let's hope that means Fables, Y, Crossing Midnight, American Virgin, etc. don't get pulled into the multiverse.

Ideally, I'd like to see the Vertigo characters appear back in the mainstream DCU, but the Vertigo writers get to keep writing their Vertigo series' in their own continuity, so they don't have to worry about ****ing up the mainstream DCU. Then again, if they pull the Vertigo books back into the mainstream DCU, they exist so much in their own little worlds that they can pretty much do whatever they want and not worry about ****ing up the DCU.

;) OTOH, let's hope that means Fables, Y, Crossing Midnight, American Virgin, etc. don't get pulled into the multiverse.

Oh hell no. I just meant the characters that were DC proper before the split. Constantine, Swamp Thing, Sandman (who the related characters showed up a good bit in JSA not too long ago), Black Orchid... All those mature suspense books from the 80s that got tagged vertigo when they made the line.

Oh hell no. I just meant the characters that were DC proper before the split. Constantine, Swamp Thing, Sandman (who the related characters showed up a good bit in JSA not too long ago), Black Orchid... All those mature suspense books from the 80s that got tagged vertigo when they made the line.

Yeah, like you say a lot of those characters have DCU coutnerparts, but are almost never used. Swamp Thing and Constantine appear sometimes (Hal Jordan's funeral for instance) and Sandman was in JLA, complete with Sandman continuity too.

And there's the infamous Death appearance in Legion of Super-Heroes.

Heh. Yeah. I was joking about the other books popping into the multiverse. I'd love to see all of those old Vertigo characters.

And Animal Man starring in 52 seems like a good beginning.

It's just, from what I understand, Vertigo has been pretty damn protective of their properties for a while now.

It's a shame they didn't do this earlier. I'd have loved to see Constantine be the star of one of the "Helmet of Fate" one-offs.

And I'd love to see the Constantine/Zatanna relationship played with more, especially after her revitalization by Morrison.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back