DCU: Brave New World

Dr.Strangefate

He Sees You When You're Sleeping. He Knows When Yo
5443_400x600.jpg

Written and illustrated by various; Cover by Ariel Olivetti

In 2005, DC set the stage for INFINITE CRISIS with the unbelievable $1.00 special COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS. Now, DC presents an equally crucial 80-page one-shot specially priced at just $1.00, giving fans the opportunity to sample six new projects set to debut in July and August!

BRAVE NEW WORLD includes original stories that act as a preview for the following books:

MARTIAN MANHUNTER by A.J. Lieberman (Harley Quinn, Gotham Knights), with art by Al Barrionuevo and Bit (Gotham Knights)

OMAC by Bruce Jones (Year One: Batman/Scarecrow, Nightwing, THE Warlord) with art by Renato Guedes (Adventures of Superman)

UNCLE SAM AND THE FREEDOM FIGHTERS by Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti (Jonah Hex, Hawkman) with art by Daniel Acuña (Outsiders, JLA covers)

THE CREEPER by Steve Niles (BATMAN: GOTHAM COUNTY LINE) with art by Justiniano and Walden Wong ( Day of Vengeance)

THE ALL-NEW ATOM by Gail Simone (Birds of Prey, Villains United) with art by John Byrne (BLOOD OF THE DEMON) and Trevor Scott (THE AUTHORITY)

THE TRIALS OF SHAZAM! by Judd Winick (Batman, Green Arrow) with art by Howard Porter (JLA).

Don't miss the chance to get in on the ground floor of these six exciting new series! Plus, witness the shocking return of a character you never thought you'd see again!

DC Universe | 80pg. | Color | $1.00 US

So that looks an awful lot like The Moniter on the front cover. Just saying.

I'll probably be getting the Martian Manhunter, Shazam, and OMAC books. I doubt I'll get the others unless something in the previews really jump out at me.

Some people are guessing that from his involvement in Infinite Crisis (aka - being strapped the the original Crisis thingy), in addition to what seems to be a new costume, from what is visible...

That Martian Manhunter will be the new Monitor

As the guy in shadows is clearly meant to be the Monitor, or a new Monitor

Dr.Strangefate said:
Some people are guessing that from his involvement in Infinite Crisis (aka - being strapped the the original Crisis thingy), in addition to what seems to be a new costume, from what is visible...

That Martian Manhunter will be the new Monitor

As the guy in shadows is clearly meant to be the Monitor, or a new Monitor

I've heard this, but what would the point be? Really?!

The universe needs balance...

Infinite Crisis is going to create a new Cosmically Powered Super-Villian...

Superboy Prime seems to have become the new anti-monitor...

Thus necessitating a new Monitor.

Martian Manhunter will be the new monitor.

thee great one said:
I think it is a good idea.
I disagree. There shouldn't be a new Moniter. The character has no use outside of a mega-crossover. The only apperance of him outside of crisis was in a few Teen Titans issues that were used to set up Crisis itself. Putting Martian Manhunter into a position similar would be making him a glorified galactic Oracle, sending teams of heros against big threats. It'd get old really fast.

Well, that'd be assuming he would be like the Marvel Watcher, which I can't see J'onn being content with....

I'd see him more as the guy who saves the solar system a few dozen times in an afternoon... I mean, if his powers were to be boosted, he'd be nearly unstoppable.

Martian Manhunter - Looks like he might have some ind of secret goin on.

Freedom Fighters - Looks like fun. If the rest of the preview is like that I might pick it up.

Creeper - Booyeah.

The Atom - I love the new costume. I wonder why the Lex Luthor quote is on there...

Shazam - Well, Captain Marvel isn't in the rock there... Hrmmm...

Flash - Well, that tells us absolultly nothing.

Love the art on Flash actually, i was unsure about the book but not anymore!

But as for BNW....its still only OMAC, Shazam & Atom I'm interested in.....less so actually....

Latest posts

Back