Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
I figured might as well create this thread. If i had to give it a number somewhere between 3 and 4 stars. It's not the best movie ever , it's not the best comic movie, Hell it's not even the best film in the x-men universe. However its a **** ton of fun. The opening credits begin with rob liefeld reference and then the credits read things like "A Hot chick" "A British Villain" "Directed by - an over paid tool" LOL that instantly sets the tone. It's not "The dark knight" in quality but who cares? It's not trying to be.

I laughed so hard at many parts. like colossus saying he'll take him to see the professor and Deadpool replies "McAvoy or stewart? these timelines are so confusing!" or When he shows up at the school "It's weird a school this size and I only see 2 of you, It's like the studio couldn't afford another xman" or *his mask is taken off and he's stapled a picture of hugh jackman's face to him*

Pros
+ Funny
+ The writing is the best deadpool yet IMO as it's comics tonned enough that it's great
+ The mentioned opening credits
+ Best live action Colossus
+ I liked Negasonic Teenage Warhead not a character I knew before
+ I like the romance plot helps it feel like movie
+post credit scene is amazing
+ mixing now with past is great way to do origin as i said during man of steel
+ the music

Cons
- Not all jokes are a hit with me
- Ajax:was a one note villan
- some stuff was predictable like how'ds escape the tube
- Didn't care about Angel Dust either

I highly recommend this :)
- Didn't care too muc

[video=youtube;OMYEkwsB_eQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMYEkwsB_eQ[/video]

It's too bad Bea isn't alive to see this.

Last edited:
Awwww I thought someone else had actually watched this

Way too much love story But, yeah, way too much love story for a Deadpool flick.

Wait, really? I might need to see this next week if that's the case. I was worried to was going to be Daniel Way Deadpool instead of the sad Clown Deadpool we all know and love.

Way too much love story and poor villains. Good laughs, Reynolds is Deadpool, good characters, and even good chemistry between Reynolds and Baccarin. But, yeah, way too much love story for a Deadpool flick.

I can understand that i figured some wouldn't like that. I however did as Deadpool is meant to be parody and most superhero films have one. It made it both feel like a film and let them mock others :) However I can see other side too

The only Deadpool exposure I've had prior to this movie was his runs in Secret Invasion and vs. The Marvel Universe (and of course Origins: Wolverine and all those youtube videos of Cosplayers) so while I knew what to expect for the tone I wasn't 100% sure what to expect as far as story. Honestly though, with the exception of Origins, none of Fox's X-Men related films have disappointed me yet, and this one's no different. My only complaint is that I think they could have done better with Colossus.

This is so true http://www.newsarama.com/27980-jame...rt-and-is-exactly-what-we-need-right-now.html hollywood will try so hard to make a movie "like deadpool" they'll make bad films. Like for example love or hate them I know the MCU movies work , Shared universes worked for marvel , it should work for DC but now we are getting transformers , star wars , Hasbro , Universal monsters , Gozilla and king kong (though I'm hyped for that) and more that feel like they are just cheap cash ins on marvels success. "Dark knight" was great and now how many poor dark and gritty attempts do we have? How many late sequels or rewboots are a thing now?

It feels like yes hollywood misses the "why". Like a painter who sees the mona lisa and thinks using those same colours in a paint by numbers = the same.

Colossus was perfect. I've been waiting for them to do something with him and they finally did and he was fantastic. I don't see how this film broke any new ground though, it felt like a good comic adaptation. Up there with Spider-Man 2, Superman 1, and The First Avenger in terms of faithfulness to the source material. They changed a lot, but it's an adaptation. The importance is you understand the characters roles and identities which they did. Really solid, really funny, and there wasn't a lot of romance. There was romance, but it kind of stopped after the experiments started.

I don't see how this film broke any new ground
pocahontas
Because it was very smart to the genre and could Parody the superhero genre while been a valid adaptation too also a rated R superhero movie that sold this well proves it's not just a family or kids genre. No it's not a pioneering as say Avatar (highest grossing movie without inflation, I prefer with Inflation though as it lets older films like Gone with the wind or Star wars stand a chance when film tickets cost more now) But Avatar was not really ground breaking in plot. it was pocahontas in space. However It's use of 3d is the reason 3d is still a big thing now.

So it's new ground to me is in the how like how it could self parody or the rated R comic movie. Already they announced rated R wolverine and it proves the can so that'll be it's mark PLUS it proves stay to the characters heart and fans will see it. :) so I'd say it's broke new grounds but on smaller scale like Guardians of Galaxy did. Not a big game change like dark knight or avengers but still a game changer

Latest posts

Back