Death of Ultimate Spider-Man (Feb. 2011)

Marvel is proud to announce Death of Spider-Man, the groundbreaking new story that forever changes the Ultimate Comics universe
The current forever changes the Ultimate comics universe hasn't even finished yet. Awesome.

Marvel stopped caring a couple years ago. They just don't give a **** anymore. They'll kill off any major character just to get more sales.

Remembering back to the "good old days" of the UU I feel very sad that I just don't give a **** about this.

Remembering back to the "good old days" of the UU I feel very sad that I just don't give a **** about this.

I feel the same way. Well, really I don't give a **** that I don't give a ****, but still. Nostalgia!

But it had a good run.

I wonder if this means they're shifting direction to have the Ultimate books completely composed of miniseries, like they've been doing with the Ultimates focused books.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marvel said:
this is the story that no comic fan can afford to miss when it all begins in February 2011 because, in the Ultimate Universe, There Are No Rules.

That is an actual line in the press release. Holy ****.

Just kill everyone.

Sales must be bad, eh?

edit: Actually, does anyone have some sort of recent sales figures, just out of curiosity?

Last edited:
yeah but what??!!

If this really is getting canned at least Loeb isn't involved. That has to mean something. On a side note, it better be revealed how MJ and Peter broke up? And what if the scorpion clone figures into this death?

On a side note, it better be revealed how MJ and Peter broke up?

Is that a question? ;)
I don't think that was ever meant to be a huge mystery. At some point between the end of Ultimatum and Where Ultimate Spider-Man picked up the story MJ freaked out about Peter being Spider-Man and broke up with him.

yeah but what??!!

If this really is getting canned at least Loeb isn't involved. That has to mean something. On a side note, it better be revealed how MJ and Peter broke up? And what if the scorpion clone figures into this death?

That's right, I forgot about him. He is a Spider-Clone. But isn't killing him kind of coping Kaine's death in the Marvel U?.. Also another thought popped in my head. What if Bendis plans on doing a Ultimate Comics Spider-Woman comic starting off with Peter's Death?

Last edited:
Is that a question? ;)
I don't think that was ever meant to be a huge mystery. At some point between the end of Ultimatum and Where Ultimate Spider-Man picked up the story MJ freaked out about Peter being Spider-Man and broke up with him.

Meh, I'd like to think that between Ultimatum and ucsm that Miles Warren found out Parker was Spider-man and started to psychologically start messing with his head thus MJ noticing that he has changed greatly. Warren hasn't been mentioned since 114 or 115.

Maybe they'll just kill the Spider-Man identity and turn the title into Ultimate Peter Parker or something...
As long as Peter's new hero identity is awesome, that I'd love to see.

And looking at the sales figures, well... I don't know since when it has been that bad, but as much as I like the art (minus Pichelli that is), I'm pretty sure it has something to do with this whole new kiddie aspect it has since vol.2 started. Bet if it was Bagley or Immonen drawing, it wouldn't be this bad.

Latest posts

Back