Did USM Jump the Shark?

No, they jumped the shark in the Jump the Shark issue where Wolverine and Spidey switched bodies! :lol: No, but seriously, Jumping the Shark is the climax of something than it's downhill from there. We had twenty or so mediocre issues, now with Warriors, USM has hit its stride again.

Jumping the shark is pulling something lame out of nowhere and doing something major with it. USM hasn't jumped the shark, although there have definitely been some bad arcs (Carnage, Hobgoblin).

I thought "Jump the Shark" meant a last desperate act of a series that ran out of ideas. It came from when Fonzie jumped a shark, which was done and practically the end of the series.

Random said:
I thought "Jump the Shark" meant a last desperate act of a series that ran out of ideas. It came from when Fonzie jumped a shark, which was done and practically the end of the series.
Yeah, that's what it means.

Guijllons said:
or killing jean, again.

That is just about the only character death/return I've never had a problem with. That's what the Phoenix is about - dying and coming back. It's what it does. Never bothered me. I loved how Morrison handled it though.

Latest posts

Back