Discworld

Who here has read the books with the Nac Mac Feegle in them?

Okay, everyone of any value has raised their hand.

Now, think about the Nac Mac Feegle very carefully.

They have blue skin.

They're several inches tall.

They have one woman for hundreds of men.

Do you get it yet? If not...

Wait for it...

THIS IS WHAT A NAC MAC FEEGLE LOOKS LIKE.

SmurfIceCream.jpg

WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW?

In all it's glory.

Let us discuss.

My favourites will always be the Death/Susan books. Thief of Time was awesome, and so was Soul Music.

In all it's glory.

Let us discuss.

My favourites will always be the Death/Susan books. Thief of Time was awesome, and so was Soul Music.

"We can't be stopped. We're on a mission from Glod."

"So?"

"Just sayin"

I love the Death/Susan books. I'm also quite fond of the Captain Vimes/City Watch books and it seems that Pratchett must be too since it seems like every other book is one of them anymore.

Unfortunately we already had a thread for this. Mods! Maneuver and unite!

EDIT:
Mods, could you merge it with this thread please?

God damnit Houde. Steal my thunder!

Last edited:
I started reading these in order, like, six years ago. It took me forever to get through the first two, but I read Equal Rites in two days. Next up is Mort, which I understand is the first great Discworld book, but I just haven't had any spare cash.

I started reading these in order, like, six years ago. It took me forever to get through the first two, but I read Equal Rites in two days. Next up is Mort, which I understand is the first great Discworld book, but I just haven't had any spare cash.

I could actually bring you lots of them when I come by this summer.

I may have mentioned this in another thread...

I'm definitely partial to The Watch-centric stories. I'm a sucker for police procedural ensemble conventions being applied to different genres. I'd have to pick Feet of Clay as my fave individual title in the series. I'd love to see what CSI: Ankh-Morpork might be like!

The Truth was fun, as well.

I guess I'm particularly drawn to the books which draw most heavily from institutions in our mundane reality (law enforcement, the media, etc.) and apply them to the more archaic Discworld setting.

It's been a while since I've picked up any new Discworld titles, though. Has there already been one that's a satire of West Wing-style political dramas, featuring Lord Vetinari and his staff, perhaps?

No.

There was another Watch centric one, called Night Watch. But lately he's been building up stories about Tiffany Aching, who will be the eventually replacement of Granny Weatherwax I fear, and also another character call Moist von Lipwig, a con artist who Vetinari employs to revitalize the post office and the bank.

No.

There was another Watch centric one, called Night Watch. But lately he's been building up stories about Tiffany Aching, who will be the eventually replacement of Granny Weatherwax I fear, and also another character call Moist von Lipwig, a con artist who Vetinari employs to revitalize the post office and the bank.

I need to pick up Making Money. I really liked Going Postal, but I seem to be in the minority on that one. Another trip with Moist sounds fun.

I need to pick up Making Money. I really liked Going Postal, but I seem to be in the minority on that one. Another trip with Moist sounds fun.

Making Money was a fun read, alot of Vetinari personality in that book. And more of Moist fun and excitement.

And lots more Golems.

The Hogfather TV adaptation was fantastically done, and every Pratchett fan I have spoken to has agreed with me.

I thought it was godawful. The person who made the film was clearly in love with the book far too much for words. I've read the book before and I had no idea what was going on, there were just too many scenes of people dancing about with etheral music playing, in a bizarre daze.

I've heard other adaptions are good but I'll stick to the books thanks. I inherited the whole set up to 20 from my brother. Still rate Good Omens and Sciences of the Discworld pretty high. Feet of Clay (and the Guard books in general) is probably my favourite, Maskerade was fun too and Pyramids.

I thought it was godawful. The person who made the film was clearly in love with the book far too much for words. I've read the book before and I had no idea what was going on, there were just too many scenes of people dancing about with etheral music playing, in a bizarre daze.

I've heard other adaptions are good but I'll stick to the books thanks. I inherited the whole set up to 20 from my brother. Still rate Good Omens and Sciences of the Discworld pretty high. Feet of Clay (and the Guard books in general) is probably my favourite, Maskerade was fun too and Pyramids.

You want God-Awful try the animation. It made no sense.

They animated Nobby.

He looks human.

Normal even.

Just a little short.

It ruined it for me.

When I was in England, there was Discworld stuff all over the place.

That's all I have to contribute.

Latest posts

Back