Disney Awesomitity

Um...

Basis of Alice is Alice Liddel, the young daughter of the Dean of Christ Church in Oxford, whom Carroll took with her sisters on summer boat trips and told them stories. On one of these trips he outlined what was to become Alice's Adventures in Wonderland.

*read and written a lot about Lewis Carroll*

*read and written a lot about Lewis Carroll*
*is extremely tempted to attempt to hijack thread into a fantasy casting for a Carroll biopic *

On a somewhat related note, I started a thread for a hypothetical Walt Disney biopic proposal, earlier this year, complete with a possible angle to use.

http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6767

Unfortunately, all the wonderful casting call comparsion photos were lost when my old domain (jawbreaker.ph) expired. However, I do think I saved the images on a hard-drive somewhere. I may repost them, some time in the future, if there's enough interest.

*is extremely tempted to attempt to hijack thread into a fantasy casting for a Carroll biopic *

On a somewhat related note, I started a thread for a hypothetical Walt Disney biopic proposal, earlier this year, complete with a possible angle to use.

http://www.ultimatecentral.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6767

Unfortunately, all the wonderful casting call comparsion photos were lost when my old domain (jawbreaker.ph) expired. However, I do think I saved the images on a hard-drive somewhere. I may repost them, some time in the future, if there's enough interest.

The old live action version of Alice (the popularaly known Peter Sellers version) starts out with a bit of Lewis Carroll and the girls in a boat with him telling the story.

But my favorite version was the 80's one by Irwin Allen, with songs by Steve Allen. My mom taped it when I was a kid and I watched it a LOT. The Jabberwocky was actually quite frightening.

Disney version is okay, but not one of the best Disney movies.

The 90's Hallmark version with Martin Short is just awful. Loud and obnoxious, I can't even finish it.

Damn, I've been meaning to just sit down and rewatch some of the old Disney movies, but I haven't had the time due to midterms.

Wonder if the Lion King tape still works?

Disney is amazing. I have most of the old Disney movies on VHS and, when I have more time, I'll come back and do a big write-up on my top 10 favs.

KH2 is awesome, Vic. Buy it. It's also not as intimidating as KH1 (I found it to be easier) even though it IS larger.

As for current Disney. . .I haven't seen the Wild yet, but Chicken Little was decent. But, you can tell quality has gone down since Home on the Range (What a crappy movie to end 2D animation on!) Also, the straight-to-DVD sequels kind of annoy me. The only sequels I enjoyed were the Aladdin ones and Rescuers Down Under (Which is the only Disney sequel, aside from Fantasia 2000, to be considered a Disney Masterpiece). The rest of them you can tell are just to cash in on the name.

Well, at least there's Pixar still which has yet to disappoint (Haven't seen Cars yet either).

Last edited:
Fox and the Hound 2. :cry: Why Walt why? Why must your company bombard my senses with straight to DVD sequels of your classics? What's next---Home on the Range 2?

But Disney is still awesome. Not just the films......but have you ever been to Disney World as an adult? It's so ****ing awesome!!! When you have money and no limit as to what you can do (unlike when you were a kid)....it's a whole new experience. And since it's open year-round---they have to maintain the cleanliness levels all the time. It's absolutely gorgeous down there.

KH2 is awesome, Vic. Buy it. It's also not as intimidating as KH1 (I found it to be easier) even though it IS larger.

You know ever since I became single---I've contemplated getting it. And right when I'm about to buy it---I meet a new "lady friend" and my time become preoccupied with her.

I gotta get it.

The Disney CGI studio still has yet to impress me with a CGI film. PIXAR of course is top-notch......but Chicken Little was mildly entertaining. And Valiant and The Wild just bored me to death.

Leave it to you 2 to besmirch an innocent thread dedicated to the magical company that brought us an innocent tale of an underage red-headed mermaid who had a penchant for seashell bras. For shame. :noway:

Victor Von Doom said:
But Disney is still awesome. Not just the films......but have you ever been to Disney World as an adult?

I live about 30 miles from it, so. . .yes. Multiple times. A year.

Leave it to you 2 to besmirch an innocent thread dedicated to the magical company that brought us an innocent tale of an underage red-headed mermaid who had a penchant for seashell bras. For shame. :noway:

Disney movies are so full of innuendo and secret sex jokes that it's a little bit disturbing.

Great, great news guys!!!! Here, the title of the article I could care less about, but read what's in the italics for the best news that Disney fans could ever hope for!

Yes! Classic animation Disney is the best Disney.

This is great!

It's been my dream to be a Disney animator and I was never thrilled that they gave up the 2-D animation for the CG... But, now, it's like a miracle! I like this news a lot.

Latest posts

Back