Disorganized Disabled Collector Needs Help

philahab

I don't know if this is a question anyone can help with but I am desperate and I thought I would put it out there. First some background, I am a 59-year-old comic book collector who has been collecting comics and toys since I was bout 5 years old. About 5 years back, I was seriously injured (I have one leg, my spine was fractured at the neck level, and the tendons of my right hand were damaged). While I have recovered from most of my physical injuries and am now able to work again, the accident and time out of work cost me a very deep financial cost that I still have not been able to fully recover from. Add to the fact that I have 2 kids in college and am the sole support for a family of 4 and you probably can get the picture. Selling off parts of my collection helped somewhat but frankly, my problem is that I am disorganized and never really cataloged my collection which I estimate to be about 2000 books, as well as toys and action figures, and includes items from the 1960's to about 2010. Because of that, and just working to support my family, I never have time to organize and grade everything.

I live in the Grand Rapids, MI area and what I want to know is if there are any collectors looking for a large collection (I am willing to sell basically everything I have) who would be willing to spend the time to catalog what I have and make an offer. I recognize that is a big ask but my hope is that the collection is valuable enough to at least help minimize my current debt and get me back to financial stability.

Please don't respond if you just want to mock my situation, tell me how stupid I am for not keeping better track of my collection, or are a con artist looking to rip me off. I always loved this community, and I am hoping that I can get responses from decent people who understand my situation and want to help. Thanks

The collection is primarily made up of Marvel and DC with various independents mixed in (99% Superhero books). I also have a collection of toys, statues, bound comic collections, and video games that I am looking to sell.

The collection is primarily made up of Marvel and DC with various independents mixed in (99% Superhero books). I also have a collection of toys, statues, bound comic collections, and video games that I am looking to sell.
Statues can be worth quite a bit of money, especially if you still have the boxes, and I would look to eBay for prices regarding that.

eBay in general is what I turn to for general price estimations since most people go there for games/statues/comics.
There's also websites like MyComicShop that will take a look at the comics you got, grade them and help you sell them.

Hope that helps :)

I do not live close to Michigan but might be interested in what you have if you want to send me a private message. I'd be happy to see what I can do.

Latest posts

Back