DK Guides

David Blue

Which DK guides do you have? What do you think of them?

I have:

Superman: The Ultimate Guide (2003) by Scott Beatty
Catwoman: The Visual Guide (2004) by Scott Beatty

They're very nice. But I don't get much use out of them.

I got the Superman one because I like the big, blue schoolboy. But I only like him, I don't love him. It's not that often I'd want to look up something about him.

I got the Catwoman one because it was cheap and I liked the graphic novel

Catwoman Vol. 1: The Dark End of the Street (2002)

Again, a very nice guide to a character that didn't interest me looks good on my bookshelf but doesn't see that much use.

I'm more interested in Fantastic Four and the Hulk - but those ones didn't look good, just in the art. The cover art for the Hulk one was ugly. (Later, I got: Hulk: The Incredible Guide (2004) by Tom DeFalco. That turned out to be a good investment. Relevance to my interests trumps quality, apparently.)

The only great looking guide to a character I really do like seems to be:

Wonder Woman: The Ultimate Guide to the Amazon Princess (????) by Scott Beatty

If anyone has that one, what do you think of it? Do you get much use out of it?

Last edited:
I have Revenge of the Sith Visual Guide, as well as the visual guides for Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, and Cars. There might be more I have that I'm forgetting.

And I have the essential (or was it ultimate?) guide to Spider-Man.

ultimatedjf said:
I have Revenge of the Sith Visual Guide, as well as the visual guides for Monsters, Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, and Cars. There might be more I have that I'm forgetting.

And I have the essential (or was it ultimate?) guide to Spider-Man.
Spider-Man: The Ultimate Guide (????) by Cynthia O'Neill, hardcover or softcover.

Oh, and I've also owned a few other DK guides, on Star Wars and non-fiction topics. They were lost in moving and not really missed, because the subjects had ceased to interest me, but in every case quality was first rate and as long as I remained interested in the subject they served me well.

I have the three Star Wars prequel ones, and the Batman one.

I've also read many Marvel ones, and the Superman one.

I have Spider-man, Hulk, Avengers, Fantastic Four ones

I think they need more information in them on the characters, i think in the Spider-man they gave a 2 page spread of Peter's Friends.
and they also gave a 2 page spread on the green goblin (i can't remeber if it was all 4 goblins (Norman, Harry, Dr Bart, and Phil Urich) or if it was just harry, dr bart and phil urich) they could give bigger profiles on characters and events, would be my only complaint about the books ( but i still continue to get them, so my kids can read them one day i guess)

Latest posts

Back