Do you prefer Spider-Man married?

Do you prefer Spider-Man/Peter Parker married?

• Total voters

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
CBR has a current poll going on about this very question. Not a bad one to talk about.

Regardless of the story written to split up Peter & MJ, do you prefer to have Peter/Spidey married or single/dating?

Last edited:
Honestly, I prefer the loser Spider-man, I get that he's most writers' self-insert (so he bangs MJ, Felicia, Jessica Drew, Betty Brandt, etc). I think they could have handled the split better; have MJ just not able to handle Peter's night job and leave, or have her cheat with Tony, hell, make her the new Venom host. Anything is better than "deal with the devil"

Honestly, I prefer the loser Spider-man, I get that he's most writers' self-insert (so he bangs MJ, Felicia, Jessica Drew, Betty Brandt, etc). I think they could have handled the split better; have MJ just not able to handle Peter's night job and leave, or have her cheat with Tony, hell, make her the new Venom host. Anything is better than "deal with the devil"

Having MJ leave Peter because she thinks she can't handle his other life has been done to death in Spider-Man. Although making a deal with the devil is also been a "story much been told." It was new twist in the story of Spider-Man. Before that he never really delt with anthing too cosmic. If he had it was usually because it started with someone else that was helping or once in a blue moon, he might have a run-in with the One-Above-All (God). Having MJ make a deal with Mephisto (The Devil) wasn't a bad idea. It was just poorly executed.

As for your question Ice. I'm not sure. I mean, at times it got boring with MJ always being the victim. But I loved the spark they have. Plus even when they started the "Brand New Day" arc. I always knew that Peter and Mary Jane would get back together, it's a givin'. I like seeing Peter interact with new relationships. But I also like seeing MJ getting jealous over Peter's new life without her. I think if they got back togehter and the writers could reframe from making MJ the victim all the time. I think I would perfer Peter being married. But I could live with it if they kept him single.

or have her cheat with Tony

That would have been the greatest Spider-Man story ever. Whoa.

I said single, but the answer is more complicated than that. He's better as a single loser, yes, but once he's married that should be it (unless they went with an idea like Jaggyd's - that would have been so huge).

That would have been the greatest Spider-Man story ever. Whoa.

I said single, but the answer is more complicated than that. He's better as a single loser, yes, but once he's married that should be it (unless they went with an idea like Jaggyd's - that would have been so huge).

Imagine that fight he had with Tony. It would have been more intense & brutal!

Imagine that fight he had with Tony. It would have been more intense & brutal!

Especially at that point, with the pre-Registration stuff, and his near idol worship of Tony, I think it could have set off an amazing storyline.

Oh man, that would have been heart-wrenching. I probably would have cried. But it would have made sense as a follow up to Sins Past (MJ gets depressed over how much Peter still loves Gwen, gets a little drunk...) Especially after that tabloid reporter reported that MJ and Tony were having an affair. Peter defends her honour only to find out it's true.

As for your question Ice. I'm not sure. I mean, at times it got boring with MJ always being the victim.
But MJ wasn't the victim recently. In JMS' run on the title she was his anchor. I loved that.

So Peter should be married to MJ - not just married, married to MJ - if it's not her, i'm not interested.

I'm just so afraid they're going to kill her off in the comic. They've been hinting that Spidey is going to have a big tragedy in his life b/c of his actions. (Madam Web/Julia Carpenter said as much at the end of Spider-Island).

Latest posts

Back