Do you think Marvel will relaunch their titles?

The Overlord

Since Marvel has cancelled a bunch of titles recently and DC seems to very well at the moment with their 52 relaunched titles, do you think Marvel will try and copy DC's strategy and relaunch their titles?

Marvel already does it from time to time with a title or two, but I highly doubt Marvel will do it with ALL their titles.

Isn't Marvel generally perceived as the innovator and trend-setter in comics? I doubt they would jeopardize that standing by blatantly ripping off such a huge idea. I'm not saying they don't rip off DC, I just doubt they would do it on something so huge.

Considering this isn't the first time they've axed so many titles and that was mainly because they were cutting cost, i doubt they are doing a relaunch.

continuity wise no,i don't think it'll ever happen, and if they hadnt done it before I wouldn't have thought DC would do it either

numbering wise I can see it, they're basically doing it right now anyways, Cap, Thor, Hulk, half of the x-men series, cancelling all their c-list titles, they're attempting to stream-line wich is a good idea

They actually came sort of close to doing this with Heroes Reborn.

I don't think Heroes Reborn was intended to be permanent though iirc, but I'm not sure

wasn't it supposed to be like an Avengers AoA?

Last edited:
I don't think Heroes Reborn was intended to be permanent though iirc, but I'm not sure

wasn't it supposed to be like an Avengers AoA?

Right, it ran for a year. I was thinking Heroes Return but in order to have Heroes Return they had to have Heroes Reborn first. So I guess they kind of did it twice in a year.

Latest posts

Back