Don't order from PopularComics.com

E

Excelsior Club
I recently ordered a TPB from them, received a receipt of payment from PayPal, and received an order conformation from them.

3 days later, I called them to find out how it was being shipped. They asked for my order # and I gave it to them...and they couldn't find it anywhere in their system. Hmm...

Finally they tracked it down...apparently they have some sort of problem with web orders and how they are entered into the system, and for some reason they didn't receive notice of the order OR payment, even though I received confirmation for both. No big deal. Stuff happens.

The lady said she was sending my order right then...via MEDIA MAIL, which often takes more than a week to ship. I should mention that I was charged $4.50 for shipping. At no time during the order process did it say it was for Media Mail. Shipping a TPB via media mail costs a little over a dollar.

So on top of dropping the ball on my order, they overcharged for shipping and didn't make any attempt at restitution for doing so.

Maybe I'm just picky, but I know that if we screwed up an order like that where I work we would definitely do something to make it up to the customer.

Just thought I'd share that for anyone who cares.

UltimateE said:
I recently ordered a TPB from them, received a receipt of payment from PayPal, and received an order conformation from them.

3 days later, I called them to find out how it was being shipped. They asked for my order # and I gave it to them...and they couldn't find it anywhere in their system. Hmm...

Finally they tracked it down...apparently they have some sort of problem with web orders and how they are entered into the system, and for some reason they didn't receive notice of the order OR payment, even though I received confirmation for both. No big deal. Stuff happens.

The lady said she was sending my order right then...via MEDIA MAIL, which often takes more than a week to ship. I should mention that I was charged $4.50 for shipping. At no time during the order process did it say it was for Media Mail. Shipping a TPB via media mail costs a little over a dollar.

So on top of dropping the ball on my order, they overcharged for shipping and didn't make any attempt at restitution for doing so.

Maybe I'm just picky, but I know that if we screwed up an order like that where I work we would definitely do something to make it up to the customer.

Just thought I'd share that for anyone who cares.

Thanks for the heads-up E. I didn't know it only cost a buck to ship a TPB using Media Mail, I figured it would be at least $2 or $3, but maybe thats just because all the Ebay members I buy from overcharge...bastards.

DIrishB said:
Thanks for the heads-up E. I didn't know it only cost a buck to ship a TPB using Media Mail, I figured it would be at least $2 or $3, but maybe thats just because all the Ebay members I buy from overcharge...bastards.

The difference there is that with eBay you at least know what the shipping method is, so you can see if they are overcharging and it can help decide if you want to bid.

In that regard, I should've checked the shipping method before I ordered...it was such a gross overcharge that I didn't even consider it...I assumed it was Priority or UPS.

I don't really have a problem with the overcharge in and of itself, but they should've done something to speed things up since they screwed up. The overcharge on shipping just added to my frustration.

UltimateE said:
The difference there is that with eBay you at least know what the shipping method is, so you can see if they are overcharging and it can help decide if you want to bid.

In that regard, I should've checked the shipping method before I ordered...it was such a gross overcharge that I didn't even consider it...I assumed it was Priority or UPS.

I don't really have a problem with the overcharge in and of itself, but they should've done something to speed things up since they screwed up. The overcharge on shipping just added to my frustration.
Thier shipping is horrific. They charge by the issue, and if you pick up a TPB it counts per-issue instead as one item. One large collection will end up setting you back almost as much as the auction end. It's no where near actual shipping cost.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , i just couldn't stop laughing....look at it this way, at least you were able to get to someone on the phone...and not be in the call loop...ooo i hate those...

press 1,....now press 7, now press 6....main menu......press 1....now press 8.... all tellers busy please wait.....please wait...please wait.....please wait... [30 mins later] .....please wait...please wait.....please wait...

See, here we have shoddy treatment towards a customer. Now, let's give PopularComics.com the benefit of the doubt and it was an isolated incident. They're still paying the price as someone spreads the possibility that they're unreliable and ****.

And Marvel thinks its perfectly okay to do a monthly routine of delaying comics.

****s.

Latest posts

Back