Doomsday

My friend just saw this and he said he was outraged at how much of a rip-off(s) it was. He said they stole stuff from no less than "like 9 movies and 3 TV shows" and when asked, "off the top of my head every Mad Max movie, Gladiator, Lord Of The Rings several times, Resident Evil, 28 Weeks Later, The Warriors, Escape From New York, etc" and further stressed that they specifically ripped off LOTR "like 5 times", and also shamelessly from stuff like Prison Break.

He also said, however, that it made for a pretty entertaining experience, like sort of a "Greatest Hits" movie, which is neat.

The writer has openly excused himself by saying he wanted to do a bunch of homages to some of his favourite films. What I think he should have done is hyped it this way by advertising it as an edgy new film experiment: a "serious" film-compilation parody as opposed to the comedix ones done by the Scary Movie people.

In fact, that's an idea that may have something to it...

What I think he should have done is hyped it this way by advertising it as an edgy new film experiment: a "serious" film-compilation parody as opposed to the comedix ones done by the Scary Movie people.

Having never seen or heard anything about this film up until right now, my immediate problem is that the trailer doesn't seem to portray what it is at all. There's not really all that much in the trailer that suggests that it's copying from anything except maybe Escape from New York. It should have been heavily marketed to reflect the 'homage' that it is supposed to be.

Having never seen or heard anything about this film up until right now, my immediate problem is that the trailer doesn't seem to portray what it is at all. There's not really all that much in the trailer that suggests that it's copying from anything except maybe Escape from New York. It should have been heavily marketed to reflect the 'homage' that it is supposed to be.

It's definitely taking things from Mad Max and Zombie films

I've seen it.

It's alright. It's interesting as an experiment of how multiple movies can be spliced together. The plot is pretty paper-thin, though.

Strangely, I liked the trailer.

Not that it tries to be anything original, but when the **** was originality supposed to be the sine qua non of good movie making?

It was actually an cool movie actually.

They kill the black guy though....atleast he was the second most badass guy in the film.(first being the chick).

Last edited:
It was actually an cool movie actually.

They kill the black guy though....atleast he was the second most badass guy in the film.(first being the chick).
I'm pretty sure i've seen a movie where everyone was black and the white guy gets offed.

But you know what would be awesome?

A survival horror film in which the cast is made up of a hot African-American markswoman, Daniel Dae Kim as a transexual, Peter Stormare as an elderly tech geek from Czechoslovakia, led by a Latino lesbian, and the Caucasian man gets killed in the first ten minutes.

Latest posts

Back