Downloading comics

beleive it or not theres actually a special program that reads a specific file which people turn the comics into, and there are alot of file shares out there specifically for comics and this file. its all viewed on computer screen. My friend downloads all of his comics, in fact alot of comics are leaked a day or 2 before the comic hits the stands. the only reason I have ever been sent any issue is if couldnt make it to the store and was dying to read what happened to a person (i still collect the issues), or if i just cant GET an issue because i missed it and it was sold out. (Hey i don't think its a crime if the thing was under printed and oversold) oh and oddly enough theres like 5 pages at the end of each file saying how theyre preserving history and that its not a crime, etc. its rather amusing

well yeah, there are comic book readers. But each file is essentially a rar file (for cbr) or a zip file (for cbz), and the extension is just renamed. The format is not anything special. You can open them with the most basic of unrar and unzip apps.
And yeah, I said earlier in the thread that I did dl some really old stuff, and it's nice to be able to read them again, and cataloguing the history of comics is a great thing. It just shouldn't be used to much that it damages the industry. We are it's bread and butter afterall.

Guijllons said:
And yeah, I said earlier in the thread that I did dl some really old stuff, and it's nice to be able to read them again, and cataloguing the history of comics is a great thing. It just shouldn't be used to much that it damages the industry. We are it's bread and butter afterall.

I really don't see it happen. With music and movies the problem is that you can create an almost exact copy of the original, that don't happens with comics. Even if you print it out (who's crazy enough to do that?) it won't be like reading a real comicbook.

It's true, actually reading from paper is always preferable to screen. Actually having something to hold, something tangible actually feels quite a lot more special in this increasingly digital environment.

Though with music too, I've used the Apple Music Store to buy music, but it's never the same as actually having the cd and reading sleeve notes with a coffee after you've bought it.

Ah, the simple pleasures of a non digital life.

Guijllons said:
well yeah, there are comic book readers. But each file is essentially a rar file (for cbr) or a zip file (for cbz), and the extension is just renamed. The format is not anything special. You can open them with the most basic of unrar and unzip apps.
Well, software piracy and intellectual copyright violations are completely rampant here in the Philippines, but at the risk of sounding like lame justification... most of the comic scans I own are of comics I already bought in singles or trades already. I just like the comic scans because they're convenient reference when writing and posting on comic boards or making icons and stuff. :D

Guijllons said:
well yeah, there are comic book readers. But each file is essentially a rar file (for cbr) or a zip file (for cbz), and the extension is just renamed.
Not for me, the ones I had were all Adope Acrobat .pdf files

Latest posts

Back