Drawing is a Synch

Synch

Here are a few sketches. The one with the girl's back turned is based on Uncanny X-Men #468. I want to do the whole cover over. Oh yea and I draw my own characters. I have about 15 of them. It's something I've been doing since high school for fun. I've even drawn a few pages. But most of the stuff I have is sketches and stuff. Some are inked. I've never tried to color before. But I've been thinking about it since I've been looking at Skotti's stuff.

Mothersemosketches.jpg

Mother2.jpg

That's all I have on my little disc. I'll bring some more when I come to school tomorrow. I might even bring some of the finished ones. The internet is down at my house so I only get online when I'm at school. If any of the mods read this what happened to the drawing thing where people were supposed to get on and vote for what they liked. I don't think I can definitely win or anything but I wouldn't mind jumping in.

Good stuff. I really like how you really captured the different facial expressions. Those were always the hard parts for me. I was better at drawing the bodies.

Maybe I should blow the dust off the old pencil set and work on my skills.

This stuff is ok... work on the faces, esp. the profile and angle shot. the back shot is pretty good.

The best is the first one; keep practicing and try to deviate from the basic oval+lines design to develop a uniques style (if you want).

I think you can get better, but that's not to say this sucks. Because it doesnt.

I think I do have my own unique style, just not super unique. I feel like if i drew a book people could pick my stuff out of a crowd. Most of my characters are not caucasian so i get to play with facial features alot, and that's fun. I'm about to put a couple more pics up in a second, some of these are even inked. Be right back.

Last edited:
MotherInked-AlmostComplete.jpg

Here's an updated picture of the backshot you saw earlier, this character is named Mother. I'm doing a mock cover of X-Men number 468. I'm almost finished I have to add a few more characters on the sides but this is my version of that cover with my characters. Oh yea, Here's what that cover really looks like.
97792366288.468.gif

I know it's not that close, but trust me when I started it it was more like the original but I didn't think it was sexy enough.
Here are a few more sketches of a couple more of my female characters. Pinterra and Janice.
FacialsketchesPinterraJanice.jpg

This character is based off of my little brother. I made him up like 10 years ago, he doesn't have any powers, and he's basically insane. He thinks he has powers and he thinks he is a superhero but he really is just some psycho running around the city in his underwear. Like so many of the homeless people you may have seen in your own cities.
TheBube.jpg

This is Malcolm. He is a corporate power house who thinks he understands the working man's plight, while he makes billions. That's a cybernetic eye.
Malcolm.jpg

Last edited:
I just tried to put a couple more on here but I think I corrupted my disk so this is all i can put on here today. I'll try and get some more on tomorrow.

alright here are a couple more for now and I should be putting some more on in a little bit. This character is Kama, he's one of my favorites.
KamaInk.jpg

And this is Mother again, this time she's playing in a stream. I hope you guys like them.
MotherPrototypeInked.jpg

I've really started to draw more, so maybe I'll be putting up more stuff as time goes on. One of my friends and I might be starting on a comic book in a month or so, if everything is everything maybe I'll put it on here. I don't talking about what may happen in the future is almost like telling it for me. Who knows. Anyway that's it for right now. Checkem' out.

Pretty good. I like the Kama one. Is that caramel pouring over him? Ahem.

It's interesting how many people have this kind of fluid, stylised, almost manga-esque look to their work.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Is that caramel pouring over him? Ahem.

Ha!:lol: You wish...

It looks kinda weird but when I started it was water. Than I just kept putting more and more ink in there. I couldn't stop myself.

Synch said:
I couldn't stop myself.

I can see that. Did you have some cream of wheat or something? :wink:

While our styles are different, you're certainly much more accomplished than myself. Keep it up.

Thanks.
I started drawing more like this when Joe Madeira started drawing Uncanny (maybe that was like ten years ago) back when i was a kid. Before that I was in love with Jim Lee's and Adam Kubert's styles, but than I see Joe's stuff and it was like nothing else that was out anywhere. Especially since anime wasn't popular like it is now and the only time you ever saw any was sometime SciFi channel would have anime saturday and they would show an anime flick. But yea, Joe's stuff was cool and I really dug it until Generation X dropped, after that I've been a Bachalo fan. I love his stuff. He's my favorited artist. Anyway that's a little short biography I guess. I wish SciFi would bring back Anime Saturday, there used to be some good movies on there.

Synch said:
Thanks.
I started drawing more like this when Joe Madeira started drawing Uncanny (maybe that was like ten years ago) back when i was a kid. Before that I was in love with Jim Lee's and Adam Kubert's styles, but than I see Joe's stuff and it was like nothing else that was out anywhere. Especially since anime wasn't popular like it is now and the only time you ever saw any was sometime SciFi channel would have anime saturday and they would show an anime flick. But yea, Joe's stuff was cool and I really dug it until Generation X dropped, after that I've been a Bachalo fan. I love his stuff. He's my favorited artist. Anyway that's a little short biography I guess. I wish SciFi would bring back Anime Saturday, there used to be some good movies on there.

Hmm. While I am partial to these styles, I steer clear of Bachalo. Too scrunchy and everythings all blurred together.

As far as manga and anime goes, I'm lucky that one of my best mates is a freak for it, so I get subjected... I mean, treated to a healthy dose of it on a regular basis.

Latest posts

Back