Dream-Teaming Round 2: The Brotherhood of Mutants

I invented Charger and Animator because I miss the times when creators of titles actually created stuff as opposed to reusing other people's ideas. Also, Bishop may want to currently kill a little girl. But my series is not set in the current 616. Or rather, it is, the title just doesn't give a ****. I miss the days when writers would write stories and not tangential incidents to a 'big event'. I hate comics.

I didn't know we were allowed to create our own characters for our team....

I invented Charger and Animator because I miss the times when creators of titles actually created stuff as opposed to reusing other people's ideas. Also, Bishop may want to currently kill a little girl. But my series is not set in the current 616. Or rather, it is, the title just doesn't give a ****. I miss the days when writers would write stories and not tangential incidents to a 'big event'. I hate comics.

All I hear is "Waahh! Grant Morrison isn't writing my X-Men anymore!".

But seriously I don't think you're supposed to create new characters for this thing. That's what I consider part of the difficulty of this game, you have to figure out how to use characters to fit them with your story.

I didn't know we were allowed to create our own characters for our team....

He's abusing his mod powers! Maybe! I'm not so clear on the rules!

Feverpitch!! :)

ha ha... yeah. I wanted to use only people who had been in the brotherhood before and mostly people who were not otherwise engaged. I did steal Madrox, but that's why it's a peter david book and I did steal mystique but she seems done in the current x stuff.

Hey, dude. I agree with you, mostly. New and inventive ideas are where it's at. But! I feel like the nature of the game sort of requires some acceptance of current continuity. It's just the nature of the game. Some rounds will be narrower than others, but X-Men these days requires a fair amount of wiggling to make your ideas fit.

But my real problem is the vagueness of the idea. The cat who gives out powers for people would fit into a Nietzschean world view pretty clearly, but the problem is that there's dozens of possible interpretations of Nietzsche, and the idea of a church based on his ideas would be particularly heretical. The idea bears an explanation beyond that vague blurb if it's going to elicit any sort of interest from me.

I'd say creating a new character is fine but you'd explain everything about the character that would be pertinent to your pitch. No retcons/exposition though, so arbitrarily labeling a character as one of the first mutants in the brotherhood is pretty weak, if you're going to make a new character it should be a NEW character.

Also since this is a pitch game if someone is going to pull a Red-Hulk/Ronin/Black Panther/Mutant X/etc. stunt you HAVE to explicitly state who the character is. You can say that the characters identity will be kept hidden from the readers as an overarching mystery but you should say who the character is in the pitch.

I think these rounds are too long... I think people forget about it by the time the round ends

Yeah....after taking some serious time to think about it---I can't come up with anything good.

The best I could come up with was a secret cabal of the world's most powerful mutants who have decided that the human race has screwed the world up so bad that they are the only ones with the power to fix it. This group, led by a more radical Charles Xavier, Magneto and Namor (the first mutant) will reshape the world by their means......the first step:

Find Wanda Maximoff and make her bring the mutants back!

It was too much like DSF's. So I passed.

Still looking forward to the next round though.

Last edited:
Going to suggest that we go with 10 days for the next round, two weeks is too long.

Also: Would two weeks from the 9th be today, or tomorrow?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back