Dream-Teaming Round 3: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

I still proudly stand by my military-esque SHIELD team.

SHIELD should be a military force...not a Mission Impossible team.

I didn't vote for yours because it was just Secret Warriors with another two characters. :?

Sorry, that sounded a lot harsher than I meant it to.

Anyway... I think the rules may need to be defined a bit more? It seems like some people are actually creating teams but others are creating BOOKS. If we're doing the latter, then we may as well just call it Dreamtitle and let us create stories for solo characters and everyone else, if you understand what I'm saying.

I didn't vote for yours because it was just Secret Warriors with another two characters. :?

Anyway... I think the rules may need to be defined a bit more? It seems like some people are actually creating teams but others are creating BOOKS. If we're doing the latter, then we may as well just call it Dreamtitle and let us create stories for solo characters and everyone else, if you understand what I'm saying.

I suppose this involves differentiating if this is supposed to be like Dreamcasting or DreamMovie. The intent was like dreamcasting, so I guess we should drop the long winded pitches, just a quick premise, and explain what each character brings to the team.

You could do a splinter game for your Dreamtitle idea.

I don't think there are enough people involved to do a separate Dreamtitle thread. Some people will inevitably have more developed ideas than others, but since its just characters, you have to explain how and why they would be used in the team.

I think either we should say, you have to briefly describe one story-arc, or that you should say that if you have story ideas, make it evident with the description of the characters.

But keep it one game.

I try to keep my descriptions evident in my characters. I go by who's the best character so I think that's what you should go by.

I still proudly stand by my military-esque SHIELD team.

SHIELD should be a military force...not a Mission Impossible team.

SHIELD should be an intelligence force. I didn't really get behind yours because.... well, it was pretty by-the-books.

I still stand behind my pro-active UN-sanctioned team.

No. It's a fair comparison.

And not completely unwarranted. When doing this game, I like to make sure that my team is believable and (in my mind anywasy) the cast credibility goes a long way when you can tie it into what's actually happening in various books in print.

With everything that Osborn is doing with Thunderbolts, Dark Avengers, and some subplots in Iron Man, New Avengers and Dark Reign: Hawkeye----I can see Osborn thrown into a public mess and Nick Fury shows up in the nick of time to clean it up. Thus priming him for a return to SHIELD.

And if that's the case, then Fury is gonna want his army back. An army of spies and soldiers. Not a group of Tigras or Gauntlets.

But meh. I just really think Marvel needs a spy thriller like DC's Checkmate.

I think compromising and combining a bit of the 2 works best. I mean the premise behind the game is that Joe Q has come to you and told you to make a new team book of old characters.

So that's what some of us are doing. I'm giving you a pitch.

I say "Here's the title. Here's who I see writing/drawing. And here's who I see on the team and why. And just so you can see the whole package---a brief summary of how/why what's going with the story."

Actually drawing out arcs and getting into single issues is maybe too much.

I think the game is fine the way it is now. If people wish to add more to explain their choice of characters and whatnot, that's fine. Espcieally if they think it will help them get win the round.

No. It's a fair comparison.

And not completely unwarranted. When doing this game, I like to make sure that my team is believable and (in my mind anywasy) the cast credibility goes a long way when you can tie it into what's actually happening in various books in print.

With everything that Osborn is doing with Thunderbolts, Dark Avengers, and some subplots in Iron Man, New Avengers and Dark Reign: Hawkeye----I can see Osborn thrown into a public mess and Nick Fury shows up in the nick of time to clean it up. Thus priming him for a return to SHIELD.

And if that's the case, then Fury is gonna want his army back. An army of spies and soldiers. Not a group of Tigras or Gauntlets.

I think the other thing to remember is how appealing the book's cast is going to be. No offense intended, but your cast just read like a generic smorgasbord of over-used espionage characters, and there wasn't enough in the pitch itself to make it really stand out.

Then again, I'm sick of Nick Fury. I've seen way too much Nick Fury. Let the mother****er die, Marvel!

And Checkmate was rank with superhumans. But that was kind of the direction I was going with too, a team made up of multi-national players with personal and political agendas playing off of each other and butting heads with foreign agencies.

Last edited:
If McCheese doesn't start the new round by this Thursday, I think its fair to pass the round onto the #2 victor, Gemini.

And with four out of the eight submitted votes, this round goes to McCheese!
WHOOOOO!!!
remember McCheese, it doesn't have to be Marvel, 3 in a row really surprised me
Cool beans. Think I'll hit up DC then.
Hmm...

Where is the cheese fiend with the next round?

If McCheese doesn't start the new round by this Thursday, I think its fair to pass the round onto the #2 victor, Gemini.
Sorry, folks. I just got my power back. [See the Social Thread for details] I'll try to have the new round up by tonight.

WHOOOOO!!!

Cool beans. Think I'll hit up DC then.

Sorry, folks. I just got my power back. [See the Social Thread for details] I'll try to have the new round up by tonight.

In Eric Cartman's voice.

"Sweet"

Latest posts

Back