Dream-Teaming Round 9 Redo: Get Ready True Believers!

I mean, we can do that if we want too, but there is no pressure to actually do it.
Rule #3
You must write a brief two or three sentence plot summary, an explanation for each team member, and the creative team you'd like to see on the book.
I don't think you should be disqualified or anything, just saying.

Last edited:
I have mine also... started writing at one point... didn't finish. Will soon.

Yeah but I was trying to do a grand finale on that idea. Culminating the whole arc that's been built up. And can you imagine the fights that would come from this?

I'm guessing no one besides Zombipanda liked mine?

Yeah but I was trying to do a grand finale on that idea. Culminating the whole arc that's been built up. And can you imagine the fights that would come from this?

Yeah the problem is it came off as a setting for the MU for the next two years instead of a concluding story. I really wished they did something like that to put an end to the "Hero is the bad guy" phase.

Yeah the problem is it came off as a setting for the MU for the next two years instead of a concluding story. I really wished they did something like that to put an end to the "Hero is the bad guy" phase.

Oh I really thought I made it clear that this was going to culminate all of the main stories at once. The Civil War/Dark Reign nonsense, House of M, Planet Hulk, Millar's Fantastic Four, Thunderbolts, everything. It would be a chance to set the Universe back to it's basic concept of Heroes being Heroes. Kind of like what Infinite Crisis did for DC. (Except they went straight into another Event)

The Set Up:Something has happened. One minute it was a normal Saturday in New York, cars honking, people laughing, children crying. Then suddenly there is sickly green light and all of a sudden, the cars have stopped honking, the people laughing has stopped, the children.......are still crying. Something has...taken...everyone (person, god, or animal) in the world over the age of 14, including all of the heroes and villains. So how do you solve a problem without the Avengers, Fantastic Four, and the X-Men around to punch, science, or brood their way out of it?

Answer: You put together a new team, like duh.

And Valeria Richards is just the girl to do that.

The Team:

Valeria Richards:
fantasticfour4.png

Girl genius, and team brains. Doesn't have any powers of her own, but she does have the door codes to area of the Baxter Building where her dad's gadgets are stored. She's a girl with a plan and functioning teleporter to make it happen. She first sends the H.E.R.B.I.E. bots out into the city to help children in trouble. Next she looks for some teammates.

Franklin Richards:
757308-franklin_large.jpg

Son of a genius, Franklin is a reality warping mutant who's now powerless (probably). He's a gutsy kid whose not afraid to save the world, and he's got connections to other kid heroes (well four of them at least). Plus, Valeria is pretty sure that he's way more clever than he let's on. Franklin leads the budding team to it's next member...

Power Pack:
PowerPack.jpg

...Or more specifically, just Katie Power since all of her older siblings were taken by the green light. She is eager to join Valeria's team so she can get her family back (and maybe impress Franklin too). Her powers consist of turning matter into energy that she can manipulate (usually manifesting as explosive blasts). She is also able to lead the team to their next member, a person that she heard about from her sister out in L.A....

Molly Hayes:
Bruiser1.jpg

A super strong mutant (with possible psionic powers) the self proclaimed "Princess Powerful" is at first reluctant to join a team of kids who are all (slightly) younger than her. However, she joins up when Franklin says she can be the leader. Though she is somewhat full of herself, Molly Hayes has the power to back it up, making her a valuable asset to the team.

Man-Thing:
Man-Thing_1_1974.jpg

An elemental that falls outside of the parameters the ones that were taken by the green light. A creature of massive strength, regenerative abilities and a burning touch to those that know fear, Man-Thing is found by the team when they travel to the Florida swamplands to investigate the massive energy readings emanating from the Nexus of All Realities.

Together they form the-
FANTASTIC FOUR AND 1/2!

First Arc:
Valeria and Franklin gather up team members, and while in LA Molly tells them that one of the gadgets that Chase had found at one of his parent's hideouts was acting funny. After fiddling with it, Valeria discovers that it is a map that is showing energy spikes around the Nexus of All Realities in the Florida wetlands. After teleporting there the team encounters the Man-Thing with a fight breaking out because he looks freaky. Eventually Franklin realizes that Man-Thing isn't a monster, and manages to calm everyone down. Then Man-Thing shows them the truth about what happened: That the green light was the work of the goddess of the Earth, Gaia, calling all of her able-bodied children back to her to give her the strength to repel an invasion of an Earth goddess from another dimension who is trying to escape the collapse of her own reality! The Fantastic Four and 1/2 lend a hand in defending their reality from an army of elementals, but the invasion force is too strong. This is when Valeria pulls her trump card, a device from Mr. Fantastic's untested experiments lab, a small silver sphere that has a 50/50 chance of briefly restoring Franklin's reality warping powers or killing everyone. She activates the device....

Creative Team: Johnathan Hickman on words, Sean Chen art.

Last edited:
Franklin and Valeria Richards are having a typical sibling argument when he suddenly disappears in a flash of light. She goes to tell her parents, but can't find them. She starts to panic before another flash of light appears in front of her. When the light disappears she sees and old man and a young blond woman standing in front of her. The young woman hugs her and tells her everything is going to be alright. They introduce themselves as Nathanial Richards and an older version of Valeria herself. They explain that a villain called Hyperstorm has removed the Fantastic Four and Franklin from the regular timestream. Nathanial assures her that they'll manage to escape on their own in time, but while they're away a series of incidents will rock the world (and not in a good way). So he's brought the older Valeria to the past to help found...

THE FEARSOME FOUR
Nathanial Richards/Grandpa Fantastic
200px-Nathaniel_Richards_001.jpg

Now rocking a much less Liefeldian outfit he comes to the past to form a replacement for the FF to avert certain incidents that occur in their absence. He's a time-traveling super-scientist whose nearly a match for his son in intellect. His tech allows him to move freely through time and space, making him very dangerous.

Valeria Richards/Invisible Girl
valeria-richards2.jpg

We're gonna ditch this ridiculous getup too. Twenty years older than the current Valeria she has developed a more powerful version of her mother's power set. She's extremely smart, very powerful, and surprisingly funny. And she's taken up her mother's former identity as the Invisible Girl.

Jim Hammond/Human Torch
humantorchi.jpg

Nathanial digs up the remains of the old war hero and brings him back to the Baxter building to rebuild him. When he comes back online he thanks Nathanial for reviving him, but the kudos are short lived because he is immediately tasked with calming down...

Namor the Submariner/Call Him The Thing, I Dare You
SubMariner.jpg

Namor is none to pleased with his old war buddy's corpse being dug out and he manages to track down the gravediggers. He breaks into the Baxter Building and attacks everyone he sees until Hammond calms him down. When Nathanial explains the situation to the both of them they decide to join his new team until the FF return.

The team handles a handful of potentially disastrous incidents involving some classic FF baddies before disbanding when the regular FF return from whooping Hyperstorm's ***.

Last edited:
I'll do a DC one. Mine is set out of continuity

Sisterhood of Gotham

An unknown force has blocked off Gotham from the rest of the world, inside Gotham it has released a virus sending every male into a comatose state. it's is threatening to release a second virus onto the city which will kill the whole of Gotham unless the authorities outside the city meet their demands. Kate Kane puts together a team to help solve the crime as well as find a cure to the first virus and stop the force from realising the second virus.

Batwoman (Kate Kane)
Batwoman.png

The the one who puts together the team, she is the leader of the group.

Catwoman (Selina Kyle)
muddy-catwoman.jpg

Kyle was asked to join the team from Kane as they needed someone who would be able to have access to criminal information because of her crime background.

Oracle (Barbara Gordon)
barbara_gordon_oracle.jpg

The tech support of the group, she is the one monitoring the groups action helping them through the city.

Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)
Knightalone.jpg

In this continuity Cain is a young girl being trained by Kane to be the heir to the next Batwoman, when the event breaks out, she put's on one of Kane's spare costumes and helps the team when they are in need, learning and studying while trying to save the city.

It's a lame idea i know!

Last edited:
I had an idea for this that would be a little weird, but interesting.

Introducing Marvel's most complicated family:
Fantastic Five:
Days of Summer

The Heroes
Cyclops.jpg

Scott Summers:Cyclops. Team Leader, not to mention Father of the team. But His family relations are a little strained considering the circumstances surrounding his family.

X-MEN_CABLE.jpg

Nathan Summers:Cable. The son of Scott Summers and Madalyn Pryor (a clone of Jean Grey created by Mr Sinister). Infected with a techon organic virus and raised in the future by the Askani.

nate.jpg

Nate Grey: X-Man. The twin (sort of) of Cable. Created by Mr Sinister in the Age of Apocalypse timeline out of the genetic materials of Scott Summers and Jean Grey. He survived the destruction of his time line only to die saving the world from Anti-Man. He has recently returned to life through undisclosed means.

uncannyxmen466a.jpg

Rachel Grey: Marvel Girl. The daughter of Scott Summers and Jean Grey from the Days of Future Past time line. She recently changed her name from Rachel Summers to Rachel Grey when she found out her father, Scott was having a psychic affair with Emma Frost. Rachel's future self is also Mother Askani, who saved Cable from his techno-organic virus.

763440-psi_super.jpg

Franklin Richards: Psi-Lord. Franklin is the eldest son of Richard and Susan Storm. This Franklin is an adult and from the future. In Rachel Grey's time line she and Franklin were lovers, but this Franklin isn't from Rachel's time line and doesn't remember her.

The Villains:
MrSinister3.jpg

Nathaniel Essex: Mr Sinister. Sinister has extensive history with the Summers/Grey family. He's been messing with them over the course of generations and through multiple plains of reality.

DarkPhoenix.jpg

Jean Grey: Dark Phoenix. Jean is Scott's first true love. the "mother" of Cable, X-Man, and Marvel Girl. Taken over by the Phoenix force years ago, she seemingly died only to return years later. Recently estranged from Scott, she was possessed once again by the Phoenix Force and once again died.

The story: While off planet investigating a reading of cosmic energy that was off the scale, the FF vanish; their ship just disappearing in a flash of fire. One week later a stranger contacts Cyclops, Cable, X-Man, and Marvel Girl and claims that they are connected to the disappearance and that only they can fix it. Scott is skeptical until Rachel Grey identifies the stranger as an adult Franklin Richards. Franklin tells them that he only knows two things: the energy his family was investigating was identical to the phoenix force, and that before they disappeared, they had been visited by Mr Sinister.

I think this could make for an interesting story just because of the crazy family dynamic the Summers/Grey family has. It keeps the family aspect of FF and even incorporates Franklin.

Written By: Dan Abnett (War of Kings, Nova, etc). He's good at the cosmic stuff.
Penciled By: Mike Deodato (Warren Ellis' run ont Thunderbolts, X-Men, etc) b/c he's just that good.

Last edited:
I love your pitch, Canucklehead. Seeing Scott and all his "kids" interacting with each other would be great. Sinister and the Phoenix as the badguys are predictable, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Doom is a predictable baddie for the regular FF, but great stories still come out of it. Having the Summers clan finally come together and deal these two looming figures makes a lot of sense.

Also, I almost put Cable and Rachel in my cast after a designated Hyperstorm (Rachel's son from another timeline) as the badguy for my pitch. I wanted a good brother/sister combination to match up against Susan and Johnny, but eventually I decided that I didn't want to mix too much X-Men lore into my FF storyline.

Still, great minds, brother. Great minds!

I love your pitch, Canucklehead. Seeing Scott and all his "kids" interacting with each other would be great. Sinister and the Phoenix as the badguys are predictable, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Doom is a predictable baddie for the regular FF, but great stories still come out of it. Having the Summers clan finally come together and deal these two looming figures makes a lot of sense.

Also, I almost put Cable and Rachel in my cast after a designated Hyperstorm (Rachel's son from another timeline) as the badguy for my pitch. I wanted a good brother/sister combination to match up against Susan and Johnny, but eventually I decided that I didn't want to mix too much X-Men lore into my FF storyline.

Still, great minds, brother. Great minds!

thanks!

yeah, i wanted to keep the family feel, but steer away from traditional FF. My first idea was Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and someone else, but then i realized that's basically the New Avengers/Pulse/Alias cast.

I realized Sinister and Dark Phoenix are predictable, but they were also the villains that were connected to the whole cast of heroes (minus Franklin, but I added him as an afterthought when I found out that he and Rachel were lovers in earth-811). I considered making the villains into a "Frightful Four" group and adding Hyperstorm and Stryfe (Cable's clone) and maybe Genesis (Cable's adopted son who was brainwashed by Stryfe), but I ultimately decided to stick with just a couple of villains and the ones that would have the most emotional impact on the whole team.

I also briefly considered throwing in Havok, Vulcan, Corsair, and Goblin Queen, but only very briefly.

I really like Iceshadow's and McCheese's pitch

Thanks! I liked McCheese bringing the original Human Torch and Nathanial Richards back myself.

I agree, I would love to read something that explored the relationships between Scott and his children, it was touched on a bit in Cable but usually writers don't bother with it too much.

Also captaincanuck, I believe that Luke Cage was actually a member of the FF way back when.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back